SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | 3 World Trade Center | 329m | 1079ft | 69 fl | Com

5M views 10K replies 938 participants last post by  Hudson11 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

(recently redesigned) archpaper.com

===========================================================================================================

3 World Trade Center - 175 Greenwich Street​

Lord Rogers’s Tower 3 at 175 Greenwich Street, between Dey and Cortlandt Streets, is a flat-topped building with asymmetrical shoulders and the diagonal beams of the exoskeletal framework seem to echo the rooftop of Tower 2. The building will rise 1,155 feet, reaching the higher pinnacle at the antennas. It will have five trading floors, three retail floors, nine mechanical floors and 54 floors of offices, for a total of 71 stories.

Earthcam: http://www.earthcam.net/users2/interface.php?id=445&projectid=202&clientid=158

Link to the Old Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=471265

Renders:

The 3rd tower from the Left:

in the middle:

latest pics from the Construction Site:

See less See more
#661 ·
Um, unless I'm being thick, surely it can't be entirely Silverstein's fault? He's not the architect. He/ his company might say 'I don't like this' but surely Roger n Co. are directly responsible for the changes? I'm not defending the guy, I barely know who he is. I just know he's not the architect. I say 'know'. You'll probably tell me he has had a large hand in the plans now. :lol:
Yeah, you're right..But Larry probably started all this..He's the boss..Roger just did what Larry wanted..Because of cost? I wish we could now..I watched those new renders and compared them to the old ones..It's very confusing..They changed renders and left the old floor plans..It's impossible to find put anything useful..

#664 ·
Man that is annoying! :eek:hno:
For what are Libeskinds plans, or the individual tower designs by the star architects good for?! One design change at WTC 2 and they could just use the early and boring plans from 2002.
Sadly, until construction on the above ground structure of towers 2 and 3 begins, we can't be certain of anything. In the current stage Larry can make all the changes he wants to, to those buildings. Therefore what will be built there could in fact be so different from the currently released renderings that we won't even recognize that it should have been the towers from our renderings :eek:hno:

#665 ·
You guys shouldn't be worried, if plans haven't changed before Tower 2 a 3 began foundations, the structural frame will be the same as shown on architect's renders. Only aesthetic elements such as screens or even the glass can change once the foundation is done. Although it is possible an alteration to the horizontal design (e.g. a decrease or an increase of the height), it's very unlikely once the tower has leased space and enough money to build it. Of course this isn't the case of 175GS, since it was structuraly redesigned before the work began.

#666 ·
You guys shouldn't be worried, if plans haven't changed before Tower 2 a 3 began foundations, the structural frame will be the same as shown on architect's renders. Only aesthetic elements such as screens or even the glass can change once the foundation is done. Although it is possible an alteration to the horizontal design (e.g. a decrease or an increase of the height), it's very unlikely once the tower has leased space and enough money to build it. Of course this isn't the case of 175GS, since it was structuraly redesigned before the work began.
So it isn't possible to reshape a building into a different shape when the foundations are already built?

#668 ·
In short words, It can't get thicker or slimmer, but it can get taller or shorter.
So the changes could actually be good. Larry's WTC buildings are, in my opinion, too small. It would be awesome if they increased their height. Though that all depends on how fortunate Larry will be at tenant harvesting cause this isn't in Dubai or in China, in NY skyscrapers aren't built as trophies of wealth.

#669 ·
It's a lot easier to decrease the height than increase it, especially when the foundations are poured etc. If the building gets taller the building requires more support and enforcement. Therefore the changes structurally would probably be too significant at this stage to make the building taller.

#670 ·
It's a lot easier to decrease the height than increase it, especially when the foundations are poured etc. If the building gets taller the building requires more support and enforcement. Therefore the changes structurally would probably be too significant at this stage to make the building taller.
That's bad news :cry: But thanks for the info :cheers:

#673 ·
they wouldnt have changed the height anyways because it would ruin the deacreasing/increasing "spiral" effect of the full complex.
Well, I never liked that spiral effect. In my opinion they should have not built 4WTC and instead they should have made 2WTC and 3WTC as tall as 1WTC.

#675 ·
So the changes could actually be good. Larry's WTC buildings are, in my opinion, too small. It would be awesome if they increased their height. Though that all depends on how fortunate Larry will be at tenant harvesting cause this isn't in Dubai or in China, in NY skyscrapers aren't built as trophies of wealth.
That's bad news :cry: But thanks for the info :cheers:
Static is calculated that way so they can add some height if they need/want to..But not too much..Depends on weight..If you add full floors, that probably won't be a lot of them..But if you add some smaller floors or some crown or spire, they can add probably 1/3 of the building without problem..The point is that static is never calculated to the maximum..There's always room for more..Only depends on what you want to add up there..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.