daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner

Creative Corner » 2D drawings | 3D designs | Stadium Design | Scale Models | Game Corner

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Inspiration

Renderings by MIR, Atelier Illume and Luxigon

Just wanted to make a thread where i can present visual works done by professional artists and studios around the world. Consider this thread a
place to find some inspiration if you are trying to render yourself or just keen to see the most amazing visual CG's around!

To begin with, here is a article which might be interesting to read!
Future Realities Visualized
Architectural Visualizers are artists in their own right and are key in bringing a vision to life. Here, some of the best reveal the intricacies of CG as
applied to inanimate architecture.

"Fresnel value", "displacement setting", "sub-surface scattering", "dynamic range", "turbidity"… no worries, we’re scratching heads as well but this
jargon is crucial to the quotidian workflow of the Architectural Visualizer. Visualizers are responsible for creating imagery of architecture that does
not exist. Yet. Speaking in depth with a few masters in the field, it becomes apparent that they treat images as emotional communicative elements
to explain architecture as a narrative, thereby becoming "artists whose subject matter often happens to be architecture", explain Bertrand Benoit
and Nadja Orlowski of Paris-based visualization firm BBB3VIZ.

For BBB3VIZ, a particular filter on an image, a specific composition, even the way a character interacts with the scene – "simple and subtle things
can hint at a story in the Proustian reflexes they evoke". As for Eric de Broche des Combes, founder of LUXIGON, one has to build a personal
scenario within the image. Should the connection between all the sub-plots and the project (the architecture) itself be created intelligently, one
can consider the job well done.

Just like no two painters or narratives are identical, the various Architectural Visualizers have developed their own specific aesthetic, coming from
different backgrounds such as civil engineering, illustration, architecture, or photography. BBB3VIZ and freelance artist Peter Guthrie in Edinburgh,
Scotland for example, focus on producing as photorealistic an output as possible. Their expertise lies in using their digital tools to create images
so convincing, they are usually mistaken for photos. Nearly every detail is conceptualized, constructed, scripted, calculated, and rendered in 3D:
from chrome door handles gleaming in the light and diffused light leaking in through the clerestory window to the grass waving in a computer-
generated wind or tire treads being hushed by falling snow.

Others like Norway’s MIR (Trong Greve Andersen), LUXIGON Paris, and London’s VYONYX (Deyan Minchev), possess a differing aesthetic that steps
away from photo-realism and delves into an atmospheric appeal. LUXIGON comments, "the laws of physics are utterly annoying" so the image then
is the outcome of dreams and imagination "without the hassle of reality". Minchev in turn looks for composition, colour scheme, and light to "set
the mood of the image and hopefully tell a story". A close look through the image selections above shows birds flying across a stormy sky
silhouetting an architecture, or a family walking towards the setting sun gleaming gold off a building rooftop – the viewer is caught somewhere
between a dream world and reality.

"CG-gurus" and "render-geeks" these artists may be, but Architectural Visualizers are creators themselves, drawing inspiration in varying ways.
Minchev points to the rules of painting set by the old masters of the Renaissance as well as concept artists creating imaginative worlds for movies
and video games. MIR, on the other hand, operates out of Bergen, Norway, aka "the Outskirts of the World", surrounded by surreal landscapes
that include deep fjords, winding roads across high mountains, lakes, and 16th century cottages. For this particular team, it’s not unusual to go
looking for blueberries and mushrooms with their kids after work just after finalizing the presentation for the largest skyscraper in Manhattan.

From the artists mentioned above, we received some intriguing insights that shed light on their creative work and the extraordinary lives of these
creatives.

What’s a typical workday for you?
MIR (Trond Greve Andersen): We start at nine in the morning, eat lunch at twelve, and go home at half past four. Dilbert style! There is a lot of
concentration going on, headsets and coffee, but the team also has a lot of interaction, trying to maximize the quality of everyone’s output.
LUXIGON (Eric de Broche des Combes): Coffee. Emails. Coffee. Work. Cry. Yell. Eat food that is bad for your health. Smoke. Coffee. Smoke.
Emails. Yell. Cry. Guitar. Bar. Eat food that is bad for your health, again. Emails. See family sleeping.

How has your specific aesthetic developed through the years?
LUXIGON (Eric de Broche des Combes): Let's say I'm less inspired by sunshine than by the abysses of hell. Also things tend to get more
interesting when under-exposed, they're the monsters you had in your closets as kids. I think it is necessary to play with the ambiguity of
beauty. The thrill is in the risk. The strategy of seduction and the build of fascination are always interesting games to play.
PETER GUTHRIE: In a lot of my work I am trying to recreate interesting photographs I have seen (sometimes subconsciously). With everything
in the scene being 3D, including grass and trees, I have the opportunity to experiment a lot with lighting and mood.
MIR (Trond Greve Andersen): In the beginning, 3D showed us the way. We just rendered reflections and radiosity (ed. note: how the computer
mimics real-life light within a scene), and that was enough…but I think we have grown up a bit since then, looking at how architects photograph
their built projects. Most architects have a lot of gain by being a bit more introverted, holding back on the big drums and drama and trying to
show their own vision of architecture.

How much freedom do you retain in creating images for architects?
VYONYX (Deyan Minchev): We are fortunate to have clients that work with us because they like our approach. The freedom comes when we
establish a relationship of trust and understanding with the architect and client.

What is the favourite aspect of your work that keeps you going?
LUXIGON (Eric de Broche des Combes): There’s a certain something in architecture that I think has been a bit lost in the other arts.
Surprisingly the inner complexity of the work is prone to provoke great moments of insanity. Architects have a wicked sense of humour and it’s a
nice thing to experiment. It’s not exactly "aristocracy" but there’s a certain old-fashioned je-ne-sais-quoi that still makes it attractive.
MIR (Trond Greve Andersen): Helping architects realize that they produce amazing things. Being able to ignite a lot of enthusiasm about the
world we live in and the future by the simplest means, an image.

How would you describe your apartment? Are there any links to your Visualization work?
LUXIGON (Eric de Broche des Combes): I’m living in a very nice flat, in an old building, near the Opera. Munch, the painter, spent some time in
here. He even did a painting, called Rue La Fayette, from the balcony of our bedroom. It is not its best moment if you ask me but voilà! It is
enough to make me feel special. But the most related to our visualization work are probably the two other creatures living in this apartment. My
wife and my kid you can find in nearly every image I do.

Link to article

masterpaul liked this post
Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Bertrand Benoit is into realism, and i guess few beats him! Here is his Bits of bread. Final visual is modelled in 3ds Max, rendered in Vray.

Ultros liked this post
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #3
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

MIR is my favorite studio, not because they are Norwegian, but these guys make awesome atmospheric renderings! You can read a interesting
interview with these guys (though one year old) here.

St. Petersburg Pier, Tampa - USA

Waalse Krook, Gent - Belgium

Mountain lodge, Sogn og Fjordane - Norway

Rock Rose International Center, Tianjin - China

Cross#Towers, Seoul, South Korea

Rupp Arena, Lexington - USA

Test homes, Østlandet - Norway

Poly International Plaza, Beijing - China
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

And for painters, Desktopography's 2012 exhibition is now online!

Circles by Justin Maller

Aura by Tobias Roetsch

The Morning Star by Adam Spizak

Unravel by Mario Sánchez Nevado

sheky liked this post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #5
rihnaa

Likes (Received): 0

Photography is really an interesting profession i am also interested in this art thanks for sharing nice tips for photography these tips are really very informative for us today we have many sites on internet which provide us many tips about photography last week i am searching on internet.
rihnaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #6
abhishek63
abhishek63

Likes (Received): 1

Wow really fantastic. . .
abhishek63 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1704

And a video from a rendering school in Madrid:

Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #8
kevien1985
BANNED

Waalse Krook, Gent - Belgium

Østlandet - Norway

Old July 5th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #9
essengame
Essen·Wang

wow !!coo!!!!

TowerVerre:) liked this post
essengame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #10
Bruce Hammerson

I think animation and construction of models have improved together at the rapid speed after 2010. I could imagine soon enough there would be no difference in the picture taken from SLR camera and that made using computer software (animation). Even computer game model will look like real persons.
Bruce Hammerson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #11
Adam8100
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Really done a superb job! The display you present for us is inspiring and very professional. With out thinking we can say about soon enough there would be no distinction in the photos taken from SLR digicam and that created using computer software.
Adam8100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #12
Madgtt

Likes (Received): 2

Wow really fantastic. . .
Madgtt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #13
Pantelejski
BANNED

Likes (Received): 49

share please! huge - thank you!!

[IMG]http://i60.************/i4msti.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.************/2ntirkh.jpg[/IMG]
Pantelejski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #14
Carsartdesigns

Likes (Received): 2

Whaoooo! this is amazing art! very good like this art
Carsartdesigns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2014, 05:32 AM   #15
vuongseo
BANNED

recognized as the great pictures
vuongseo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #16
SanJaque

Art can dress many shapes and many colors. This one defenlty it's different and has a lot of inspiration and hard work. Nice work
SanJaque no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2015, 02:55 PM   #17
Dinesh12

Its amazing art
Dinesh12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #18
MelvinAdams

Simply I can say it's amazing...
MelvinAdams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 11:07 AM   #19
JessiRbn

This is very interesting and cool art.
JessiRbn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 10:53 AM   #20
sgvampir

Good, I think animation and construction of models have improved together at the rapid speed after 2010
sgvampir no está en línea   Reply With Quote