daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Old July 10th, 2014, 02:50 AM   #261
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiacomoPuccini View Post
Shvo keeps stressing that his site has no height limits. I can see a 475m+ tower rising here.
But doesn't this site only have 300,000 sq. ft. of buildable space? Am I missing something?

Let's say, conservatively, a ~1500 ft. tower has 80 floors -- that's an average floorplate of 3750 sq. ft. Even 111 W. 57th isn't that skinny.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 10th, 2014, 02:58 AM   #262
wilfred267

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyskunk2 View Post
Sure but taller than 1wtc?! I expect a bit south of park lane. Billionaires clearly want views of central park and there are plenty of large assembleges to be made.
During the nineties there were several proposals that were significantly taller than the original towers downtown. l believe Trump had a proposal in the Wall street area.
wilfred267 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 05:14 AM   #263
City-of-Platinum
Innovate or Decline

Likes (Received): 36

Delete... goodbye for a while

baseball1992 liked this post

Last edited by City-of-Platinum; July 10th, 2014 at 06:34 AM.
City-of-Platinum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #264
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 4168

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiacomoPuccini View Post
Shvo keeps stressing that his site has no height limits. I can see a 475m+ tower rising here.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
@SerenShvo The best is yet to come! #shvo

Now that we kind of gotten the Nordstrom out of the way, 22 Thames and the $3.2 B Hudson Spire has moved up on my list as highly anticipated to see what is in store. I think both of these projects could be pretty special.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2014
http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/originals/20/e0/1f/20e01fc5e05a650e10c97484e4915278.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

Kanto, citybooster liked this post
Vertical_Gotham está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #265
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
But doesn't this site only have 300,000 sq. ft. of buildable space? Am I missing something? Let's say, conservatively, a ~1500 ft. tower has 80 floors -- that's an average floorplate of 3750 sq. ft. Even 111 W. 57th isn't that skinny.
22 Thames has 360 k sf vs Steinway's' 315 k sf. A taller Steinway like tower is possible and would be ultra exclusive for downtown. Maybe there are some extra air right to be had as well?

Another scenario that had been brought up by Lord Wellesly is that Chetrit owns an adjacent site and a possible partnership could be made to combine and build a taller / heftier tower.

http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/originals/20/e0/1f/20e01fc5e05a650e10c97484e4915278.jpg

Kanto liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; July 10th, 2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #266
WillBuild

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred267 View Post
l believe Trump had a proposal in the Wall street area.
Interesting. Had to look it up. Credits to Hudson11 in the fantastic Unbuilt New York thread: the NYSE (or not, see curbed thread below) tower, 1WTCs big brother at 1792 feet to the roof:

(original post, curbed discussion, skyscraperpage)

Kanto liked this post
WillBuild está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:47 AM   #267
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBuild View Post
Interesting. Had to look it up. Credits to Hudson11 in the fantastic Unbuilt New York thread: the NYSE tower, 1WTCs big brother, 1792 feet to the roof: (original post, skyscraperpage)
I would have loved that!! I also think that would have looked good in midtown. For example, at the Vanderbilt site.

onewtclover liked this post
Old July 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #268
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 256

So this one has the potential to go 400m+?

I ♥ NYC
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:13 AM   #269
Jay

Likes (Received): 526

400+ meters right across the street from WTC? That would be crazy!!

onewtclover liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #270
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 574

Excuse me if this sounds stupid, but why do the renders keep showing a glass box with a thin stripe? That's not how the tower is going to look, is it?

onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #271
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Likes (Received): 3501

Render got changed due to new ownership from Fisher Bros. and Steven Witkoff to Shvo. The new design hasn't been announced.
Old July 11th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #272
Subsequence

Likes (Received): 26

Read. @ post #270
Subsequence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #273
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Render got changed due to new ownership from Fisher Bros. and Steven Witkoff to Shvo. The new design hasn't been announced.
Whew. I had a feeling this tower was to change its design with the height increase.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #274
citybooster

Likes (Received): 160

God knows we've had enough fun with the puns on his last name but in a way I'm glad he took over buying the property because while tasteful and nice enough the old design was certainly no Shvo stopper!
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #275
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 1452

Shvo closes on 125 Greenwich condo project valued at $240M

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/08/...alued-at-240m/

Quote:
Developer Michael Shvo partnered with an array of local and global investors to arrange $240 million of equity and debt for the acquisition and development of a site at 125 Greenwich Street where he plans to build a soaring condominium tower. The complex deal closed today.

Shvo brought on David Bizzi’s firm Bizzi & Partners as co-developer, and obtained additional equity from Howard Lorber’s investment company New Valley as well as an unidentified Chinese public company. The total equity investment for the Lower Manhattan project is approximately $70 million.

A Singapore bank along with an Indian private equity firm provided $170 million in debt, sources told The Real Deal.

A partnership of Fisher Brothers and the Witkoff Group sold the site to Shvo for $185 million, slightly higher than the price previously reported. That deal was brokered by HFF’s Andrew Scandalios.

Howard Michaels’ Carlton Group brokered the debt and equity financing. Michaels and Shvo declined to comment.

Where Fisher and Witkoff planned to build a 956-foot tall rental tower with 359,130 square feet, Shvo is planning to take that same building size but stretch it taller, sources told TRD. One insider explained that as a condo tower, the ceiling heights would be taller, thus increasing the overall height on the site that has no height restriction.

The site is at the corner of Greenwich and Thames streets. Lower Manhattan is undergoing a long-anticipated transformation from a mostly financial office district to a residential, retail and tourist neighborhood, as well.

The site is three blocks south of the World Trade Center site. As just one sign of the changes, retail-focused investor Thor Equities paid $31 million for three retail condo units across the street at 120 Greenwich Avenue. Shvo in partnership with Victor Homes recently broke ground on the so-called Getty gas station parcel at 239 10th Avenue in Chelsea; and construction is expected to begin early next year on the largest residential project in Soho, at 100 Varick Street, where his partners are Erez Itzhaki, Halpern Real Estate Ventures, Bizzi & Partners and Aronov Development.
I'm curious if 125 Greenwich reflects an address change or just the current address of the project.

Last edited by Ghostface79; August 29th, 2014 at 11:26 PM.
Ghostface79 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york