daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > General Kenya

General Kenya For the rest of Kenya

Old August 28th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #1
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 1345

MT KENYA | Mt. Kenya Golf Park

Quote:
A group of Kenyan investors have begun the construction of a fully-fledged 5 billion shillings ($60 million) golf park project development near Mount Kenya . The project, Mt Kenya Holiday Homes, is expected to boost tourism and investment activities in Mt. Kenya and the neighbouring environs.
The Kenya Wildlife Services, documents that the Mt Kenya circuit which involves mountain climbing has suffered depressed growth due to lack of bed capacity. According to statistics about 100,000 tourists visit the circuit annually yet it can attract up to 300,000 persons.
Ark Consultants’ Director Reginald Okumu who leads the consortium said the Mt Kenya Holiday Homes will incorporate a serviced Helipad, Clubhouse, 9-hole lush green Golf Course and a solar powered perimeter fence. The project will feature 95 holiday homes.
“This project is by all means a first of a kind development proposition anchored on a social economic and environmental conservation and transformation for the wider Mt Kenya region.” said Okumu.
The project’s golf course construction works are 70 percent complete with a Danish technology Ultra-Modern greens and fairways pop-up sprinkler irrigation system installed by Irrico International Irrigation Systems now in place.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2012/...near-mt-kenya/
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 28th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Sarjent

Likes (Received): 51

Adding on to the long list of upcoming holiday homes. Seems like this is the new must have luxury item
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 517

I can almost guess the location of this project.
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
I can almost guess the location of this project.
Just as I thought, this project is in Nyeri county.

Their website:

http://www.mountkenyaholidayhomes.co...d=46&Itemid=27
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #5
The Constantine

Likes (Received): 20

Location of the Golf park is good. so this project would be a successful one
The Constantine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Cikudownunder

Likes (Received): 2

Hey guys, I am new to skyscraper though have been a stalker for a few years now. Kudos for all the updates regular contributors provide. Just wondering, do you guys know of any gated developments in Thika or Nyeri area where you buy the land not a build house ? Thanks
Cikudownunder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Malaika254

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cikudownunder View Post
Hey guys, I am new to skyscraper though have been a stalker for a few years now. Kudos for all the updates regular contributors provide. Just wondering, do you guys know of any gated developments in Thika or Nyeri area where you buy the land not a build house ? Thanks
Welcome to SSC Kenya. If my memory serves me right, the Thika ones (which have been posted here) are mainly planned developments where you buy a house. Haven't seen much on Nyeri in that regard but I hope other forumers will help.
Malaika254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #8
Cikudownunder

Thanks
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #9
donddon

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaika254 View Post
Welcome to SSC Kenya. If my memory serves me right, the Thika ones (which have been posted here) are mainly planned developments where you buy a house. Haven't seen much on Nyeri in that regard but I hope other forumers will help.
I thought with those developments, you buy the land and then are given a specific building plan and time frame to complete building??
donddon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #10
Kenguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donddon View Post
I thought with those developments, you buy the land and then are given a specific building plan and time frame to complete building??
exactly!
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #11
Malaika254

Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by donddon View Post
Yip, but she is looking for land not a house, only from what I have seen here, you buy the plot alright but you are limited on the kind of structure you can build.
Malaika254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Cikudownunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaika254 View Post

Yip, but she is looking for land not a house, only from what I have seen here, you buy the plot alright but you are limited on the kind of structure you can build.
Yea, am looking for a plot not house, coz the houses are ridiculously expensive. Thanks guys for your replies..
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #13
Kenguy

Quote:
Yea, am looking for a plot not house, coz the houses are ridiculously expensive. Thanks guys for your replies..
You are welcome. If you are looking for land in Nyeri, best place to buy is around Kingongo. Plenty of new suburbs coming up in areas like Garden estate, Gamerock and now Kahawa ridge as you head out of town towards Nyahururu.

Northern Nyeri suburbs now seem like the new mecca for Nyeri's middle and upper classes. Land values just keep on going up there.
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Cikudownunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post

You are welcome. If you are looking for land in Nyeri, best place to buy is around Kingongo. Plenty of new suburbs coming up in areas like Garden estate, Gamerock and now Kahawa ridge as you head out of town towards Nyahururu.

Northern Nyeri suburbs now seem like the new mecca for Nyeri's middle and upper classes. Land values just keep on going up there.
That's on the way home, so would be ideal. Question is? How you know who is selling? If you are not on the ground?
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #15
CaspertheDj

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Welcome to SSC. Gated communities in Thika include BufalloHills (Kilimambogo), Thika Greens. Here you can get a vacant plot and then put up your own house. Please note that these are controlled developments meaning you have to subscribe to their conditions. Vacant plot at Bufallo Hills quarter acre 2m, and half acre 4m. Thika Greens Phase 3 quarter acre 2.5m.

Thika Greens Phase 3 and at Bufallo Hills they are still working on infrastructure so it may be a while before you can start putting up your house...
CaspertheDj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #16
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 1345

Only picture i could find of the site progress is the golf course and it looks great.

SE9 liked this post
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote