SkyscraperCity Forum banner

What car are you driving?

330K views 879 replies 319 participants last post by  Manazir 
#1 ·
In this thread we can show each other what are we usually driving and what we drove in the past.

Here's my list:

I usually drive my parents cars:

2008 Chevrolet Aveo sedan - 1.4 petrol engine, 94 hp

2005 Renault Clio sedan - 1.5 diesel engine, 78 hp

Cars that I drove in the past (as far as I can remember):
Audi 80
Dacia SupeRNova
Dacia SupeRNova - driving school
ARO IMS - old car (1952) without brakes
Renault 19
Opel Kadett
VW Passat
Opel Corsa
Renault Laguna
Dacia Logan
Dacia Sandero
Dacia 1310 pick-up
Toyota Corolla
Ford F-150
Mazda MPV
Seat Cordoba

See less See more
#3 ·
My dads car : Opel vectra 1.8 GTS 140 hp

Cars that i drove in the past ( from Test drives or Rental cars)

Audi A4 B7 and B8 1.8 TFSI Quattro S-line ( rental )
Seat Leon 1.4 ( rental )
Seat Ibiza 1.2 ( rental )
Alfa Romeo 159 1.8 ( rental )
Hyundai i10 ( rental )
BMW E90 316i ( rental )
Alfa Romeo Giuletta 1.4 multiair ( test drive )
VW passat 1.8 TSI ( test drive )
VW Golf GTI ( test drive )

#57 · (Edited)
IMO the best car mentioned here so far... :cheers:

It would take way too much time to collect all the cars I have owned or I have driven in the past several years... But in the end it all comes down to the Volkswagen...

My top choice for the man of the household would be:

Passat CC 2.0 CR TDI DSG 4Motion

And for the Lady:

Polo Comfortline 1.2 105 TSI DSG 4 door version...

If there are kids:

Tiguan Sport & Style 1.4 TSi 4Motion

If she wants to shine:

Scirocco 1.4 TSI DSG

The new BMW 5 series is pretty cool, but IMO it's a waste spending that much money on 4 wheels..

#6 ·
My 2004 Ford Ranger is my principal mode of transportation. V 6 petrol engine. Part time 4X4 (electronic shift), 4spd manual w/OD (No wussmatics for this member :tongue2: :D ) The truck is loaded down for work and the revolving light is a magnet mount, so it can be taken off if I don't need it.

My most recent acquisition, a 2009 Yamaha WR250R that I bought new this spring. (Surplus stock) Too bad it's been a cruddy summer weather wise.

#14 ·
nice progress Verso. from 405 to 407 in a couple of years :eek:kay:

I live in France, so my car is Renault. :) Laguna 1.6 110 hp year 1998.

now, isn't that a great shot. anybody would guess where was it taken? ;)

I drive also Audi A6 C6 2.0 TDI occasionaly, its my dads. good wagen. :)

#12 ·
I own a 2004 Renault Kangoo for tax reasons. Commercial vans from 2004 or before were excluded from purchase tax, which saves 42% of the price. I only had to pay VAT (19%). It is also cheap in insurance (all-risk) and road tax.

I wanted to drive a post-2003 turbodiesel car because of my mileage, and I wanted airconditioning. I eventually bought this Renault Kangoo over 2 years ago. I've driven 47.000 kilometers in the past 27 months with it.

#274 ·
Those were great cars, the LH's. I nearly bought an Aura, the bank said no at the last minute. Very nice cars.

^ that's just american protectionism, making a bad reputation of european cars, to make people buy domestic ones. :)
Ugh, this again? European cars have had a bad reputation for decades, mainly due to the Euro cars being imported here in the 70's and 80's. Peugeot, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Yugo and others were forced to leave the U.S. due to poor sales attributed to reliability issues. This hurt U.S. brands too; Ford tried importing the Sierra and the Scorpio/Granada as well as other models and they failed as well. General Motors did this also.

Most in the U.S. think highly of the remaining Euro brands, the exception being Volkswagen. That's generally attributed to shoddy assembly at VW's Mexican plants which build many of the models we get here.

I'd be interested to see a comparison also of the distance the average American drives vs the average European. We tend to have long commutes and obscenely long "road trips" where a car will face a variety of conditions in a short time span.
Still have these. Crisis, what to say...

Would like Alfa brera and giulietta, now...
I like that driveway:)

As for me, I'm on my second Ford Taurus.

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.