SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Rare cars on your streets

Tags
cars
402K views 1K replies 160 participants last post by  Corvinus 
#1 · (Edited)
Post pictures of cars that are rare where you live. Please don't post internet pics. I will start with some old cars that i've seen recently in Växjö, Sweden :)

Lada Samara

Opel Kapitän

Renault 12

Saab 95

:cheers:

See less See more
#226 ·
Clicked this week, Gurgel Motomachine. Very rare, is the first one I saw on street.
This citycar was manufactured in the early 90's and uses a 2-cylinder, 800cm3 engine, the only one developed and manufactured by a 100% Brazilian company.
what is the top speed ?

Actually I have read about these cars. Gurgel also made dune-buggy cars.

This Gurgel Motomachine is probably equivalent to a 1960's "motorbikecar" like the Goggomobil and Messerschmidt.

Actually I saw a Messerschmidt in my hometown, some weeks ago, but I had no camera in handy >(

#229 ·
After some beautiful and/or interesting cars something bland. But uncommon in Poland, and completely absent in most european countries. Shot taken in Katowice, but it's not mine (made by bregi), and cars were not it's theme, but in the middle, parked between the two Audis, You can notice Honda City:

Made in Turkey saloon derivate of Jazz. It wasn't successful and ultimately Honda Poland had withdrawn this model from it's portfolio.

And here’s sth much more exiting. The 8-series bimmers. The first is AC Schnitzer tuned, the latter (spotted several times around the city) is regular one.

#233 ·
It was summer 2002. I had been visiting Southern Sweden (mainly Skåne) back then . It was my third visit to this beautiful country, previously, among others, I turned to Norrland, Stockholm and Götheborg.

I must say I felt slightly uncomfortable in Växjö. I stopped somewhere in a suburban area on a small petrol station with an intention to buy some food and petrol. Then, several black, classic, American cars turned down there. They stopped, drivers and their mates gave a quick look at my car (classic Audi), looked at my foreign plates and then starred at me. All of them! With no words. Some of them went off the cars and moved closer to me, still not saying anything. Well, I pretended I did not see them, however I was just about to piss in my pants. Eventually, nothing happened, I refuelled, meanwhile they ran away with a characteristic V8 vrooom.

#240 · (Edited)
Dodge Viper at my school

Hummer H1 also at my school (foreign visitor, but well... H2 and the rest are common, but this one can be considered as exotic)

MG TF (too bad MG-Rover disappeared, I really liked them)

Old Nissan Patrol, didn't know they existed on this side of the pond

1943 Willys MB (property of my stepfather :), though he's selling it soon)

1950 Chevrolet Fleetline (I have seen it since I can remember)

I didn't even know this car existed :crazy: Chrysler TC by Maserati (7,300 produced). It's a POS, but still counts as an exotic.

#242 ·
Corvettes are not super exotic here, but I don't see them often:

Unlike Porsches, that are relatively common here, so generally I don't post them in this thread. Here's an exeption - the Cayman driven by... me :)

Two Gallardos I've spotted in my city on the same day :)

#244 ·
OMG!! thanks for sharing that!! you're so cool!! I really really really wanna be like you and see exotic cars everyday and find them normal since you're living in such a cool and rich place! I bet you wouldn't even get suprised by flying cars since your awesomeness is way beyond that!

Pour vrai, on s'en fout.:banana: