SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Uptown Houston Part 1

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  rjlevins 
#1 · (Edited)
Uptown Houston

UPTOWN HOUSTON

- With more than 23 million square feet of commercial office space, Uptown Houston represents approximately 14 percent of Houston’s total office space, making it only second in terms of size to Downtown Houston.
Uptown Houston is the 14th largest business center in the U.S. and compares in size to the downtowns of Los Angeles and Denver.

GALLERIA

UPTOWN VISION OF THE FUTURE

FOUR LEAF TOWERS

FOUR OAKS PLACE

COMING SOON IN UPTOWN...

See less See more
#10 ·
This thread received more replies than my Galveston thread. :( But anyway, anybody in my opinion that can actually enjoy this area from an urbanist standpoint cannot appreciate urbanism and does not know anything about urban planning. The Uptown area is exactly what not to do in urban terms. There are nothing but a bunch of suburban developments that are surrounded by a huge indoor shopping mall.

No one on this board can name one urban development that has surfaced on the Post Oak Boulevard corridor. Strip malls and gated condos that are isolated from the rest of the community, single used buildings have done nothing to make Uptown Houston a lively urban experience that developer Hines had in mind.

#11 ·
Nick in Atlanta said:
I would rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one than go shopping in a mall. I just hope I live long enough to see them go out of style and disappear.
Oh come on dude, that's a little extreme isn't it? Malls aren't that bad.

Well in Houston's case, I thank God for the Galleria if no other reason than it has air conditioning. In fact, I challenge anyone to desire to walk the streets of Houston from store to store any day right now....or even worse, a month from now......or the absolute worst, 2 months from now.

#12 ·
Velvetj said:
Oh come on dude, that's a little extreme isn't it? Malls aren't that bad.

Well in Houston's case, I thank God for the Galleria if no other reason than it has air conditioning. In fact, I challenge anyone to desire to walk the streets of Houston from store to store any day right now....or even worse, a month from now......or the absolute worst, 2 months from now.
I can understand where you are coming from. I have lived in Houston all my life, but it that is just another example of bad design/urban planning. Trees or canopies have never failed in acting as shade in actual vibrant and warm cities that are just as hot as Houston.

#13 ·
Well WesternGulf, since you've been here for so long, you know that you can sit on the porch at midnight and sweat your butt off because of the incredible humidity. Just last night at 10:30 it was 88 degrees (without sun) not including the humidity factor. And Summer hasn't even arrived.

I can understand Trees acting as canopies but honestly, I am spoiled and hate to be hot and sweaty. I have no desire to walk anywhere outside in Houston during the day at any point for the next 3 1/2 months. That's just me.

#14 ·
WesternGulf said:
This thread received more replies than my Galveston thread. :( But anyway, anybody in my opinion that can actually enjoy this area from an urbanist standpoint cannot appreciate urbanism and does not know anything about urban planning. The Uptown area is exactly what not to do in urban terms. There are nothing but a bunch of suburban developments that are surrounded by a huge indoor shopping mall.

No one on this board can name one urban development that has surfaced on the Post Oak Boulevard corridor. Strip malls and gated condos that are isolated from the rest of the community, single used buildings have done nothing to make Uptown Houston a lively urban experience that developer Hines had in mind.

i replied to your galveston thread over at SSP. i find i rarely look at photo threads here (why? i don't know) but spend a lot of time in the city photos at SSP.

and i live in this area and thought it was cool for a whole month...after that it got old and would much prefer montrose or the heights for reasons you stated. uptown is 'pretty' to look at though.

#15 ·
Weterngulf, I'm sorry about your thread and less replys, but don't come on this thread and try to ruin it just cause your thread ain't doing so well. Uptown (galleria) is very popular place to visit and sight see, and it's the #1 tourrist spot in houston, and wouldn't be surprised in texas.

So, please like I said before. No hattin. I've realized it's alot of houston hatters since I've registered on here. I've predict its just jealously.

#21 ·
H-TOWN, I swear I'll teach you how to spell "HATING". There is only one (1) "t" in the word "hating". Don't be hatin'. <<< See??? Now please... repeat after me... h - a - t - i - n - ' Now, here is another exercise I'd like you to try. I want you to type a few sentences using these words: to - too - two / your - you're / there - their - they're / know - no (And no, I'm not hatin' on you, dawg.) LOL

And I'm the one with the New Orleans education... go figure.

#22 ·
This is not a bashing thread. Go somewhere else with that shit. Go check out more threads, I've seen worster. If you wanna teach, teach your ass in a classroom, not in here.

And if you not hatin, or should I say hating. Why you said that shit in the first place, and then laugh about it?

This is Uptown Houston thread, not no bashing thread. I swear its some hard headed fools in here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.