search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > West Coast and Interior West Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 21st, 2007, 03:13 AM   #81
sd_urban

Likes (Received): 11

Here's a link to more renderings of the La Jolla Commons Project. I think they look great!

Click on "Landmark and Communities", then "La Jolla Commons" and finally, "View more photos"

http://www.makarproperties.com/
sd_urban no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:49 AM   #82
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5213

those towers look nice

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM   #83
octosd

Likes (Received): 0

I also missed the banner! Can someone post it on the thread.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:30 AM   #84
SDfan

Likes (Received): 44

Banner-

and hey, if anyone can post those La Jolla Common pics that would be great.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:02 AM   #85
derek5
San Diegan for life

o nice...not to shabby!
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM   #86
hngcm

Likes (Received): 18

La Jolla Commons is looking good.
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:59 AM   #87
derek5
San Diegan for life

i dont get it...i know La Jolla is within the city of SD limits...but its showing up on maps as being its own city...its strange...
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:05 PM   #88
sd_urban

LOL....La Jolla has always tried to separate itself from SD even though it's just another neighborhood. It even has it's own zip code and post office where you actually write "La Jolla, CA" instead of "San Diego, CA". Rancho Santa Fe does the same thing.

I guess when you have money, you can have anything.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM   #89
sd_urban

Some good news!

I was downtown yesterday and happened to drive by Library Tower site and to my amazement, it looks site preparation has begun........FINALLY! You can't see it from these shots, but there is a deep hole in the corner of the lot, along with more heavy equipment.

Let's hope this just isn't a tease

Old February 22nd, 2007, 09:15 PM   #90
derek5
San Diegan for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_urban View Post
LOL....La Jolla has always tried to separate itself from SD even though it's just another neighborhood. It even has it's own zip code and post office where you actually write "La Jolla, CA" instead of "San Diego, CA". Rancho Santa Fe does the same thing.

I guess when you have money, you can have anything.

ooo i see...i knew La Jolla has tried seperating...but that doesnt it mean it should show up on maps as its own city...but i always thought Rancho Santa Fe was its own city...lol...some of these things can get very confusing...but i guess that explains the SD city street signs way the heck out there past 4S Ranch(which is not in the city???)...but they have their own fire department (Rancho Santa Fe Valley FD) on Four Gee Rd. (a street marked with the blue SD city sign...) WHATEVER! im not going to let it bug me! hahahaha

and ill have to go check out that library tower site later today!!!!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 11:49 PM   #91
PadreHomer

Anyone know the status of Cosmo Square? Thats a project that just HAS to be built.
PadreHomer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 01:59 AM   #92
derek5
San Diegan for life

no big news...i think the sales office opened last month however...
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:06 AM   #93
derek5
San Diegan for life

i cant believe LTs dad died...
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #94
hngcm

Likes (Received): 18

I didn't know La Jolla Commons was already u/c.

Or site preparation, same thing.
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #95
derek5
San Diegan for life

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...0#post11901300

check it out!
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #96
sd_urban

Those are some great pics, derek5!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_urban View Post
Let's hope this just isn't a tease
Apparently, the activity going on at the Library Tower site is dirt being excavated from the new main library site across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrehomer
Anyone know the status of Cosmo Square? Thats a project that just HAS to be built.
I sent an e-mail to the developer not too long ago, but haven't heard back from them yet. I also noticed the sales office that is under construction still looks the same as it did over a month ago. I'm hoping it's just a construction delay. I'm eager fot this one to start, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm
I didn't know La Jolla Commons was already u/c.
Definitely! I drive by the site every morning on my way to work. I know the office tower is under construction now, but I'm unsure about the condo and condotel towers. I really like the design.

Originally posted by eburress @ SSP
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #97
sd_urban

New renderings and info from http://www.viva-city.info/

-16th & G Gateway looks pretty good

-I hope India & Beech doesn't end up looking like another Cortez Blu. The best thing is that it will cover the backside of Allegro Tower

-They really need to re-work on the base of the Lane Field towers. It looks too bulky and harsh for something so close to the bay and promenade. I'm so glad the parking will be below ground. I'm really liking the the towers in this new rendering, although I wish they looked a little more different from each other.

16TH & G GATEWAY

Design approval was granted for 16th & G Gateway, a sleek, contemporary mixed-used project. When completed, the 35-story (449’) building will provide 116,500 square feet of office space on the top 10 floors, 17,800 square feet of ground floor retail incorporating the historical Snowflake Bakery building, and 525 affordable condominiums (39 designated as affordable). The remaining units are affordable due to their size; studios from 347-893 square feet, one-bedrooms from 753-890 square feet, and two-bedrooms from 969-1093 square feet. The parking garage is 5-levels below with a robotic car parking mechanism that can accommodate up to 674 vehicles.

At the building’s base, there is an urban open space providing trees and plantings for visitors and resident’s enjoyment. The eco-roof incorporates a clubhouse, boardroom, workout facilities, and a pool. The property is bounded by F St, G St, 16th, and 17th and is the gateway into and out of Downtown via Hwy 94. (East Village – Upper Eastside Neighborhood)

INDIA & BEECH

Design approval was granted for India & Beech. The project will be built on the remaining 10,000 square foot parcel at the southwest corner of India and Beech. The 29-story (312’) slender tower is warm, yet vibrant with earth tones of gold and orange reminiscent of a Tuscan sunset.

The project is a mixture of one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom units, with a total of 70 condominium units and 20’ high ground floor retail spaces. Above the ground floor retail is an ecco-mezzanine, and the ecco-roof will incorporate solar panels. There are 5-1/2 stories of underground parking with 128 spaces. Construction is anticipated to start this summer. (Little Italy Neighborhood)

LANE FIELD NORTH AND SOUTH

The Board of Port Commissioners approved the conceptual plans for hotel, retail, and restaurant development for Lane Field.

Also, approved was an Option Agreement with the development team of Lane Field Developers LLC (Lankford and Associates, Hardage Hotels LLC, Phelps Development Company, and C. W. Clark), and preliminary plans for two hotels.

Lane Field consists of two parcels bounded by Broadway, Harbor Dr, B St, and Pacific Hwy.

Lane Field Developers will build an upscale hotel on the southern portion of the property, known as Lane Field South. InterContinental will operate the 550-room, 400’ tall hotel surrounded by 37,000 square feet of restaurants and retail.

Further, they will build a second upscale 250-room, 350’ tall hotel with 25,000 square feet of restaurants and retail on Lane Field North.

Below both hotels is a two-story parking structure that will accommodate over 1,600 parking spaces. Both B and C Streets will reconnect Pacific Hwy with Harbor Drive.

Port staff has been directed to begin the environmental review process.

Construction is anticipated to begin in early 2008, with completed in early 2010
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #98
octosd

More Height

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Lane Field Towers Grow more then a hundred feet a piece in the final approval?
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #99
octosd

I was also wondering if the robotic garage proposed would be the first one in San Diego.
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #100
derek5
San Diegan for life

tokyo has some

Tags
san diego