SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Commercials that show off your city

16K views 129 replies 57 participants last post by  Fabian 
#1 · (Edited)
A discussion on Sensational Adelaide sparked my interest.

Post some nationally run TV commercials that show off your city. Obviously tourism commercials don't count... although I do love the artistic, pretentious ball of yarn ad. Very Melbourne.

Here's some for Adelaide. I was surprised that Adelaide got these. I would have assumed that companies would stick to their regional HQ (hence Mitsubishi use Adelaide all the time). I guess it's because Adelaide's the smallest big city, so people don't recognise it like SSC nerds would.

Optus

NAB

Extra

Mitsubishi

Anyone else?

#85 ·
That's very nice JayT but the clear point of this thread is ads where the city serves as a backdrop for a product.
"The new ANZ ad is filmed in Martin Place" - interesting since ANZ is a national firm
"Brisbane Tourism ad shows nice shots of Brisbane" - gosh amazing. :p

</special moment>

#101 ·
^^ City Homicide has some good shots too :yes:

I love that 'New World City' advert for Brisbane - I posted it on a friend's FB page as he's moving there for work soon. So it looks like I may be coming to Brisbane for a visit...

Jamie T's new clip was filmed in Melbourne, you don't get to see much of it though apart from a few trams and buildings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.