daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:05 PM   #161
larklanered

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
Another new render -

Be some image that if they get built along with the proposals around princess dock and leeds street.

One can but home.

AUTOTHRILL liked this post
larklanered no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:23 AM   #162
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 2029

please, please, please can these be built. a proper set of talls on the waterfront will do wonders for liverpool's image nationally/abroad.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:28 AM   #163
larklanered

Likes (Received): 240

Imagine a tall being build and it being filled by a business, one of the banks or big insurance companies. That's what we really need to get.

mmcd, aeolian, S.P.Q.L liked this post
larklanered no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:13 AM   #164
Centurio

Likes (Received): 4547

At this stage, getting built and filling a mere 7 storey office block in the commercial district, half the size of soon-to-be-twinned 101 in Manchester, would be an achievement. What has been allowed to happen to Liverpool's commercial pull (office buildings in the historic downtown are now even starting to be turned over to tacky Blackpool style stag-attractions, while the city's commercial district asset itself continues to be torn apart by conversions) is nothing short of a disgrace.

I read the media thread the other day about how Liverpool & Manchester are portrayed differently, and the complaints, however when Liverpool's prime spaces (such as the Pier Head, as a key example) - its opportunities to "wow" - are turned from being smart, major-city-scale grand show-pieces into grubby low end tat that is repulsive to look at and the very opposite of "class", while Manchester is concentrating on improving their lot, then it is hardly surprising. If I had to write a glowing piece enthusing over Liverpool right now, I would struggle. Me, for heaven's sakes!

Liverpool - ten years ago a top-tier city in terms of what it had going for it in terms of natural attractiveness and potential - is being remade in someone's image.

It does matter, on every count. There would be no advantage for the city in having tons of 1 bed/studio apartments everywhere (in demand from who, exactly?) and nowhere to work, and yet that seems to be the trajectory Liverpool is being sent down. As opposed to tons of places to work in decent jobs, towers of offices going up, along with a plentiful supply of high quality, highly sought after 2/3 beds - aimed at homeowners, not investors.

If you want to see big business return to the city, and for the city to improve, the city needs to change course. Whether it can - yet again - manage to secure yet another bite of the cherry, or whether it will end up being re-consigned to post-militant-era pariah status for another two generations, is another matter.

-

Last edited by Centurio; September 23rd, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
Centurio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:52 PM   #165
baias

Location: live in a beautiful over 1800 ft high valley in the woodlands some 30 miles from bilbao
Likes (Received): 1060

renderpool

Toadboy liked this post
baias no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #166
Flan

Likes (Received): 1597

romablue, mmcd, Louis1986, AUTOTHRILL, Andy K and 1 others liked this post
Flan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #167
Ballista67

Likes (Received): 10

I actually drove past this site yesterday and the site looks like it is still occupied and in use , surely it will be next year (if any) before a start is made on this ?
Ballista67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #168
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 3071

Yeah. This one will take a while. Elliott isn't quick off the mark with schemes once permission is secured. Heaps isn't his baby anymore in terms of securing funding, but his other larger schemes are taking longer. I'd imagine that in his pipeline we'll see the Vincent hotel in the Baltic on site first. End user identified, longer to secure forward funding etc. I imagine Elliott is trying to find a large PRS institution to take this on, with finance coming from something like a pension fund. PRS schemes have not really taken off here at all, with only a couple of notable successes.
Old September 28th, 2017, 01:43 PM   #169
superla

Likes (Received): 827

I thought I'd read somewhere that infinity was already fully funded by a local private investor or some such?
superla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #170
buggedboy

Likes (Received): 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by superla View Post
I thought I'd read somewhere that infinity was already fully funded by a local private investor or some such?
Don't think so. Can't recall that at least. I actually noticed adverts re: small scale investment online, so they might not just be looking to big investors.
Old September 28th, 2017, 01:57 PM   #171
superla

Likes (Received): 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggedboy View Post
Don't think so. Can't recall that at least. I actually noticed adverts re: small scale investment online, so they might not just be looking to big investors.
Apologies bb your right reading back through the thread it does appear that he's using a mixture of large and small "funders". Interesting to note though that at the time of planning application it was suggested an autumn 2017 start so maybe we'll see something in the not to distant future?
superla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #172
Liverdude
Hypnotize!

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Interesting to note though that at the time of planning application it was suggested an autumn 2017 start so maybe we'll see something in the not to distant future?
Q1 2018 according to Experience Invest's Twitter. https://twitter.com/ExpInvest/status/912960588455858176

I noticed the Rigo Spa signage has been removed, I think this was done quite recently.

superla liked this post
Liverdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #173
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 2029

These almost definitely will not be built- the demand isn't there.
Old September 28th, 2017, 03:52 PM   #174
Ballista67

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Hi , you may have been getting mixed up with Ovatus 1 , which is to be built over the road.
Reading through archives from when it went through planning this one is meant to be fully funded.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...tallest-tower/

superla liked this post
Ballista67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #175
LivEng12

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballista67 View Post
Hi , you may have been getting mixed up with Ovatus 1 , which is to be built over the road.
Reading through archives from when it went through planning this one is meant to be fully funded.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...tallest-tower/
Don't want to drag this thread off Topic but is there a start date for ovatus 1? Is the building on the site vacant?
LivEng12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #176
Ste

Likes (Received): 889

The anticipation for this... Ovatus / Anwyl / Moda / Plaza 1821 etc to all start on site is killing me!

mmcd, JBGee, AbidM, S.P.Q.L liked this post
Ste no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 12:58 PM   #177
tomo90

Likes (Received): 925

The Lawton's building on Leeds Street is being demolished. Is this where this development is?
tomo90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #178
jetsetwilly

Likes (Received): 349

Lawton's is being demolished for The Metalworks: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1998998

tomo90 liked this post
jetsetwilly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #179
Flan

Likes (Received): 1597

mmcd, romablue liked this post
Flan está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 06:19 PM   #180
Gavrosh

Likes (Received): 1443

Bijou

selecta liked this post