daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > New South Wales

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 27th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #6241
zetcity

Likes (Received): 10

Not a fan of platinum- I think Payce did a much better job on east village.....
zetcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 28th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #6242
Brizer

Likes (Received): 1174

LACHLAN PRECINCT

VISTA 881

Walking east along O'Dea Avenue toward Sth Dowling Street, front to O'Dea Av with Amelia Street coming in on the left.

South side, O'Dea Av front of corner building now revealed with heritage listed woollybutt tree (eucalyptus) and SupaCenta beyond across Sth Dowling Street.

At the corner of O'Dea & Sth Dowling.

Sth Dowling/ED or east front.
3 buildings, L-R, 10 storeys, 25 storeys, 7 storeys.

Architect: Tony Caro Architecture

Last edited by Brizer; October 28th, 2014 at 08:54 AM.
Brizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #6243
NRKEone

Likes (Received): 4

Hey Brizer do you know how high they can build on the Sydney Water Central Workshops site in waterloo? I did do a search and after 15 minutes i've given up.
NRKEone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:56 AM   #6244
NRKEone

By the way here are some pics from level 8 of Platinum, around 2 weeks ago on Saturday and a model of the west side of platinum, based on previous models it should look similar. Except for the size of the trees

hmmmm photos to come soon, having technical difficulties

Last edited by NRKEone; October 28th, 2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: pics do not load
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #6245
NRKEone

Pics from Platinum

IMG_1322 by nrkeone, on Flickr
IMG_2584 by nrkeone, on Flickr
IMG_2573 by nrkeone, on FlickrIMG_2582 by nrkeone, on Flickr
IMG_2581 by nrkeone, on Flickr

Brizer, RidgeDweller, thescene, Matt777 liked this post
Old October 28th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #6246
Brizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRKEone View Post
Hey Brizer do you know how high they can build on the Sydney Water Central Workshops site in waterloo? I did do a search and after 15 minutes i've given up.
I spent longer and made several sorties into the arcane world of CofS documents and didn't come up with anything concrete so don't feel too bad.
I have a vague recollection of seeing a map in which there was essentially a height limit of 22m (???) or 6 storeys over the Danks Street to McEvoy super site.
Given the amount being asked for the site, even blanket coverage of the entire site to 6 storeys would not give you a return on your money so it would be pointless unless you were a financial masochist.

As posted a month or two ago, Architectus (a reputable architectural firm) designed a potential development scheme for the site which included 2 x 22 storeys towers and three 6 or 7 storey blocks. I assume they based their scheme on available information (thus my reference to 'reputable') which would make it a much more attractive investment.

At 22 storeys it would give a tower of around 72m in height.

One of the images found by upwards:

View from the west with Young Street to the front, McEvoy Street on the right and Bourke Street on the other side of the projected buildings.
Old October 29th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #6247
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1877

article in todays central sydney mag

Fabian liked this post
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #6248
Brizer

Congratulations to Meriton and Turner. Much maligned Meriton has definitely improved the quality of its architectural design in the last decade.

Old October 29th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #6249
poguemahone

Likes (Received): 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
I spent longer and made several sorties into the arcane world of CofS documents and didn't come up with anything concrete so don't feel too bad.
I have a vague recollection of seeing a map in which there was essentially a height limit of 22m (???) or 6 storeys over the Danks Street to McEvoy super site.
Given the amount being asked for the site, even blanket coverage of the entire site to 6 storeys would not give you a return on your money so it would be pointless unless you were a financial masochist.

As posted a month or two ago, Architectus (a reputable architectural firm) designed a potential development scheme for the site which included 2 x 22 storeys towers and three 6 or 7 storey blocks. I assume they based their scheme on available information (thus my reference to 'reputable') which would make it a much more attractive investment.

At 22 storeys it would give a tower of around 72m in height.

One of the images found by upwards:

View from the west with Young Street to the front, McEvoy Street on the right and Bourke Street on the other side of the projected buildings.
That looks class.
poguemahone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:14 AM   #6250
MR.BOND

Likes (Received): 5

106-116 EPSOM RD ROSEBERY

Does anyone know the latest about 106 Epsom Rd?
MR.BOND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #6251
Brizer

Source: Cr Linda Scott Newsletter

Contains political comment.

GREEN SQUARE AQUATIC CENTRE & GUNYAMA PARK

"10 years on, the design competition for a South Sydney Pool is to be completed

This coming Monday, Council will consider an item to award the winners of a design competition for the Green Square Pool. Way back in 2005, the City acknowledged the need for a new pool in South Sydney and resolved to build one in Green Square.

Since then, we've seen 6 NSW Premiers, 4 Prime Ministers, 3 Popes, and 2 Swans premierships and - in all this time - only one Lord Mayor who still hasn't managed to build a pool in Green Square.

It's been a long time coming, but the new pool is set to be completed by 2019. With 58,000 residents expected to be living in Green Square by 2036, this is welcome news for the current and future residents of Green Square."

Please let them have chosen a truly creative design; not all the finalists were in that category.

NB: Projected population of 58,000 by 2036.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #6252
Brizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.BOND View Post
Does anyone know the latest about 106 Epsom Rd?
Can't find any indication that the site has been sold yet which is odd given how fast other sites are being snapped up. The part of the site to be dedicated to council for Gunyama Park may be an issue.
Last ad dated September, 2014, site still for sale.

Found this on web: a+ Design Group (Tony Leung) - no date so I'm not sure how valid it is.

http://www.aplusdg.com.au/project/10...-road-zetland/

View of 14 storey tower at corner of Epsom Road & [future] George Julius Avenue extension.

Atrium Garden.

These images do not look any different from those published years ago - has architect changed name of firm?

Last edited by Brizer; Yesterday at 07:35 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #6253
Brizer

Of Local Interest

BUMING PARK @ PLATINUM
Victoria Park Parade
Zetland

October 29: 3 jacarandas being planted & park lighting being installed.

October 30: late arvo.

After the disappointment of the rather uninteresting planting in Biyanbing Park also on Victoria Park Parade, the fairly uninspired planting of the extension of Woolwash Park and the remarkably dull landscaping of the entrance plaza to East Village shops, it was with some relief that I saw the 3 jacarandas being planted in Buming Park. A welcome change from the Sydney Blue Gums that have seemed to be the only tree planted of late. While the Syd Blue is a fine tree, we have been given rather a lot of them and the plaza and the small parks need feature trees to give them character and interest. Time will tell how the rest of Buming Park is treated.

Last edited by Brizer; Yesterday at 02:42 PM.
Old Today, 04:50 AM   #6254
Brizer

VICTORIA PARK

AIRIA

Martin Property p/l sale

"119/23 Gadigal Avenue, Zetland

SOLD FOR $885,000

2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom, 1 Car Space

Facts for Owners:

Highest ever 2 bedroom sale in Airia $885,000