search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?
The KSS design 72 17.43%
The Populous design 341 82.57%
Voters: 413. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM   #40461
stevecubic

Likes (Received): 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspurs View Post
I also thought only 3 sections were used, it's just the noticeable difference in finished height that made me reconsider. I can only think there must be a difference in ground level to account for the cranes overall height compared to the Warmington T crane.

I'm not sure the cam perspective would account for the visible height difference.

The warmington house crane is set in the basement of the Tottenham area experience area - a good 4/5 metres lower than the other tower crane bases - perhaps they are all the same height, just looks like one is lower?

Halitosis, LAYiddo liked this post
stevecubic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #40462
Caspurs

Likes (Received): 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecubic View Post
The warmington house crane is set in the basement of the Tottenham area experience area - a good 4/5 metres lower than the other tower crane bases - perhaps they are all the same height, just looks like one is lower?
You're right, it's the difference in ground level between the two. Side by side they're the same height, 3 sections high.
Caspurs está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #40463
Digga

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by loekf2 View Post
Didn't want post another pic, but looks like they "unscrewed" the auger stuck in the ground. The other stuck one had a golden top. When I look at the time lapse, the auger has been completely pulled out with the golden part on top.

Is that done more often ?

Guess they are lucky, after the piling they will remove 4-5 meters of dirt. Not nice, if you have a bad auger.
THats what I was trying to point out with the picture. You can see the rusty top.
Digga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #40464
N17_Bishop

Likes (Received): 319

Looks like the waterproofing is working well!!!
N17_Bishop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM   #40465
loekf2

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by N17_Bishop View Post

Looks like the waterproofing is working well!!!
Was also looking at that. Don't understand why the platform near the stairs has an edge. Water flowing down from the walking path around the stadium can not get away. Looks like they forgot some water pipes.

Nice swimming pool in the summer and in the winter perfect for ski jumping. Maybe during a thunderstorm with lots of rain even nice for kajacking !!
loekf2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #40466
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS

Likes (Received): 2625

Quote:
Was also looking at that. Don't understand why the platform near the stairs has an edge. Water flowing down from the walking path around the stadium can not get away. Looks like they forgot some water pipes.

Nice swimming pool in the summer and in the winter perfect for ski jumping. Maybe during a thunderstorm with lots of rain even nice for kajacking !!
That area will get a paving over it, probebly over a levelling screed. I can see why they have proofed it early though. If left unprotected that water would absorb into the concrete and keep it damp affecting the fit out underneath. The pooling was probebly spotted in an earlier downpour.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #40467
spursfan1882
@Proud_spursfan

Likes (Received): 515

Did someone forget to put a fiver in the meter, the lights have gone out on site?!!

It's either that or the lazy beggars are taking the night off?...how dare they rest, get it built and rest once finished!!!

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

"Spurs have got to be the best in the land, not the second best"
spursfan1882 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:06 AM   #40468
We_all_loved_freund

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
Here's the one I use. Embarrassingly I can't recall who set it up... EJG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOC2...oy4rA2&index=6

That new tower crane looks like it can't be far from the WHL centre spot?
Perfect. Thank you
We_all_loved_freund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08 AM   #40469
JimB

Likes (Received): 4112

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan1882 View Post
Did someone forget to put a fiver in the meter, the lights have gone out on site?!!

It's either that or the lazy beggars are taking the night off?...how dare they rest, get it built and rest once finished!!!
Yup.

First time in a long while that the site has fallen dark and silent. Must be a relief for the local residents.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:31 AM   #40470
Spursview

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:

It reminds me of a place called the "Mirror" in the french city of Bordeaux. All surrounding buildings are beautifully reflected on the surface when wet. A good photo opportunity.
Spursview no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #40471
loekf2

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan1882 View Post

Yeah, it's unbelievable. There was zero activity on the site last night.

Maybe they all had to watch ManU - Real last night ?

Yes you can ban/kill me know.... though I hate these money-grab-overseas-holidays-pre-season-tournaments... Spurs is also touring the US at the moment.
loekf2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:19 AM   #40472
THFC_Dan

Likes (Received): 1705

Quote:
Yeah, it's unbelievable. There was zero activity on the site last night.

Maybe they all had to watch ManU - Real last night ?

Yes you can ban/kill me know.... though I hate these money-grab-overseas-holidays-pre-season-tournaments... Spurs is also touring the US at the moment.
The more the exposure, the bigger the profile, the greater the yield.

THFC, as a business, has to pitch itself worldwide in order to pay for things like a £750m stadium. Global companies ain't gonna be interested in our brand if we're piddling around playing Stevenage or Peterborough. Some might say it's a necessary evil, but I see little Englander: football, and the Premier League in particular, has massive global appeal and its audience keeps on growing. That growth has driven revenue yield from broadcasting rights, and its that financial power with underpins our ambitions to progress projects such as NDP.

I think growing a worldwide fan base is a great thing. I've met some superb fans from all parts of the world who've come to WHL in recent past to see us play, and for many it was their lifelong ambition. Who am I to say that their support or passion for the club is any less, purely because they live abroad? NDP should accelerate our appeal even further, because our magnificent new stadium cannot but impress and attract attention. That is where I want us to be: the top of English football, not naval gazing in mid-to-lower table which is what characterised the 90s.
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #40473
norskire
Incurably curious

Likes (Received): 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by THFC_Dan View Post
See, norskire:
I see, THFC_Dan.

(huh?)

According to the soil analysis report submitted to Haringey the area where they are doing this aborted (and assumedly test) piling was described as "indeterminate". This is simply a diplomatic way of saying that the anticipated loam/clay levels weren't present where they should have been, and nor could saturation levels be determined (a principal feature of excavation alongside the Moselle culvert throughout its length). The implication is that what they are digging through is one unholy mess of previous foundations, back-fill of solid material in historic attempts to improve the solidity of the foundational base for less substantial buildings, and only under all this stuff the "natural" compositional material, which as an ancient river valley and bed can also contain rather nasty surprises in terms of aquifer, gravel and voids.

Compared to the rest of the site this area over by the High Road has been a lucky dip for the pilers. They would have had a pretty good idea of what to expect immediately adjacent to the street nearest to the culvert where drains work and building development has yielded some worthwhile previous data over many years, and their own West Stand foundational work would have yielded valuable info too, but in between was still something of a mystery.

Whatever they find will be very closely examined and recorded by borough surveyors too, I imagine. Which is good for us as it will emerge as a non-material amendment to the planning specs in due course, submitted by Haringey themselves (as with the heritage assessment two years ago).
norskire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:34 AM   #40474
Cranesetc

Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Yup.

First time in a long while that the site has fallen dark and silent. Must be a relief for the local residents.
I think they have not worked the last few Sunday night shifts actually. Looks like 24/6½ at the mo.

Looks like the South stand steelwork crew are mobilised today. Area cleared and levelled, and Weldex mobile in place. Maybe start with the temporary towers.

razor1981, THFC_Dan liked this post

Last edited by Cranesetc; Today at 11:41 AM.
Cranesetc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #40475
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by norskire View Post
I see, THFC_Dan.

(huh?)

According to the soil analysis report submitted to Haringey the area where they are doing this aborted (and assumedly test) piling was described as "indeterminate". This is simply a diplomatic way of saying that the anticipated loam/clay levels weren't present where they should have been, and nor could saturation levels be determined (a principal feature of excavation alongside the Moselle culvert throughout its length). The implication is that what they are digging through is one unholy mess of previous foundations, back-fill of solid material in historic attempts to improve the solidity of the foundational base for less substantial buildings, and only under all this stuff the "natural" compositional material, which as an ancient river valley and bed can also contain rather nasty surprises in terms of aquifer, gravel and voids.

Compared to the rest of the site this area over by the High Road has been a lucky dip for the pilers. They would have had a pretty good idea of what to expect immediately adjacent to the street nearest to the culvert where drains work and building development has yielded some worthwhile previous data over many years, and their own West Stand foundational work would have yielded valuable info too, but in between was still something of a mystery.

Whatever they find will be very closely examined and recorded by borough surveyors too, I imagine. Which is good for us as it will emerge as a non-material amendment to the planning specs in due course, submitted by Haringey themselves (as with the heritage assessment two years ago).
Yeah! that's what I was thinking. LOL
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #40476
THFC_Dan

Likes (Received): 1705

Quote:
Originally Posted by norskire View Post
I see, THFC_Dan.

(huh?)

I've no idea what you're on about.

I was referring to the tower crane base.
THFC_Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #40477
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by THFC_Dan View Post
I've no idea what you're on about.

I was referring to the tower crane base.
Alright Dan, hows the recovery going?

Do you think there's to be yet another crane set up? it seem's to me that the THFC experience one just isn't tall enough for the job of SW roof lifting.
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #40478
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS

Guy's working at height without safety line on. NE camera. tutt tutt.

Tags
england, football, populous, soccer, tottenham