SkyscraperCity Forum banner
385K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  Dale 
#1 ·
Its here once again, enjoy.:cheers:

#250 ·
What are you talking about and where have you been in the college football world? Haven't you heard..Bradford injured..Bradford returns. Do you really think UT's defense is the best OU will play all season? I'm calling bluff on that. Probably Miami. UT's defense is probably par with KU or OSU.

I just think that one statistic sums up the whole Red River Shootout: Big 12 Titles. Bob Stoops 6, Mack Brown 1.

#248 ·
Bama's next game is a trap game, but.........

Steve Spurrier just 'hopes we can get it in a close game' against Alabama

By Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register
October 11, 2009, 3:19PM

Steve Spurrier isn't relishing his first visit to Bryant-Denny Stadium as South Carolina's head coach, at least not right now.

"Obviously, it's the best team we've played by far," Spurrier said today. "Ole Miss, even though they were ranked highly, I think it appears now they're not as quite as good a team as in preseason people thought. We'll have a plan in place. We're certainly not going to be favored against Alabama, but we'll have a plan in place. "We're a team that hopes we can get it in a close game. It seems like every one of our games have been very close at halftime, anyway. Then we've played pretty decently in the second half in most of them. We'll hope this game follows that script right there."

South Carolina quietly has produced a solid start in Spurrier's fifth season in Columbia. This team has a chance to go down as the best edition Spurrier has coached at the school, since he failed to win more than eight games in any of his first four years. The Gamecocks climbed to No. 22 in today's AP poll after improving to 5-1 with a 28-26 home victory yesterday over Kentucky. They will be Alabama's homecoming opponent for the 2009 season.

"We're excited about it. We'll be loose and relaxed going there," Spurrier said. "There's not a lot of pressure on our guys, except just play the best we can. We'll try to have a go at them and see what happens."

#258 ·
#1 in the AP, but #2 in the BCS I can live with that.

I gotta get on my soapbox on the shitty ref calls during the UF-ARK game. The personal foul and the pass interference calls was BS, and If I were Bobby Petrino I would of had plenty to say about it. Its enough having to play the #1 team on the road but to have the refs making BS calls doesnt help. The SEC needs to address this matter ASAP.

#260 · (Edited)
In comparison, Oklahoma since 1998 has a record of 117-32, including 72-19 in conference, and is 4-6 in bowl games, including two BCS victories. Two seasons finished unranked, with nine Top 25 finishes, including seven Top 10 finishes, and five Top 5 finishes. They do have have the six conference championships as well. Certainly impressive, but again I wouldn't trade it for what Texas has done.

#264 ·
Could Texas lose? Absolutely. Remember though, Oklahoma State has beaten Texas twice. Ever. The last time was when John Mackovic was coaching in 1997. The only other time? 1944. The all-time series record is 21 - 2 in favor of Texas.

All that said, I think it's going to be a great game. My fearless prediction? Texas wins, 31-24. I have a feeling I'm going to be stressed out tomorrow night.

Hook 'em!

#273 ·
Their were many shady offical calls that favored Bama in the LSU vs Bama game. The interception with 5 minutes left, that was waved off, was the icing on the cake. LSU clearly intercepted the ball and had two feet in bounds. This blown call gave Bama the game.

I hate to see officals decide a game instead of the players. SEC officals are the worst in the country hands down.

This last picture is a picture of the turf where the interception was made. This is his left foot mark which was clearly in bounds. Give me a break. SEC officals are horrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.