SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Lexington | LW | Princes Dock - Plot A04 | 325 Apartments | 35 Storeys | 112m

700K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  steveedster 
#1 ·
I nipped to Millenium Hse this morning and took a look at the plans for plot 3a,

Architect RMJM: part of the building description "Conceptually the tower is articulated as a series of shifted planes that express its verticality. The 2 outer glass panes project beyond the floor edges to enhance the towers slenderness whilst creating a reflective element"
all's I can add to that is I thought this looked brilliant!!

Apologies for these 2 images, I was very disappointed to see they were so poor, but the lighting is not too good in there and I couldn't use the flash. I posted them up because on the first one to the left of Alexandra Tower there is another tower on the far side of the dock gate, this has been mentioned before so there maybe something in this.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice one Doug. Looks good, especially as it looks like this area will have several talls of different heights rather than a flat table-top look. I was never expecting anything as tall for this site and would have settled for something around 10-15 stories just to add some bulk to this area.

Reminds me of Manc's Eastgate Tower, which I think is also quite similar to Central Village.

#4 ·
thanks doug for this. dont suppose you measured it did you to see how tall it is? RMJM are good, hopefully we should get something with a class finish. second tower for alexandra... impressive.
it all looks a bit sparse though but there's plenty of plots left to do.

#5 ·
The architect had offered 6 different options to the site layout, a couple of which were 2 & 3 stumpy blocks of about 10 storeys max. They arrived at this preffered option after long consultation with LCC planners and Liverpool Vision.

Right next to the "supercrossing"

Heights given were, Plaza level (hotel entrance) 3m, level 1 to level 34 3m, level 35 4.5m (must be a plant room), level 36 3m, I make that 112.5m.

How it will look from Chapel St.

and Leeds St (again sorry about the quality of pics)

#7 ·
really useful stuff. i see it appears to have a facade overrun which seems to boost height further judging from the elevations, still 112m is a very nice height :) i like the dappled cladding too, nice vertical pattern. seems to add a bit of "soar" to it. now all you need is a tower next to number 3 and number 6

#8 ·
Paul the planning application, 06F/2006, was submitted 19th July 06, no other info for the tower next to AT, but it has been mentioned on here previously not sure which thread??

The overun at the top of the tower I think is above level 36, not level 36 itself if you get my meaning, in which case it could be taller than 112.5m

#9 ·
Doug Roberts said:
Paul the planning application, 06F/2006, was submitted 19th July 06, no other info for the tower next to AT, but it has been mentioned on here previously not sure which thread??

The overun at the top of the tower I think is above level 36, not level 36 itself if you get my meaning, in which case it could be taller than 112.5m
Excellent Paul let's hope they release a render soon then,the tower next to Alex would be a bonus. :)

#10 ·
Excellent, Doug-(Paul), Very well done.

Why you are apologising I do not know - you have provided `oodles` of mouth watering details that give us an excellent overview of what might be on offer and the amazing impact it will have on the area - just suberb for the CBD and Princes Dock(s) area.....

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Certainly all future developments have been given something of a bench mark.

#12 ·
Yet another scoop, from ace reporter , Doug.......

Doug (007) you have done it again, scoop pics of this tower, just brilliant.

I like the design, the architects seem to be aware of any "blocking of views" problems from the Beetham towers residents by showing a very slender profile east/west with the main facades north/south, cunning.

Doug ,excellent detail you have posted ,no worries about quality, the detail is there for all to see, cheers :yes: :eek:kay:

#14 ·
Another piece of the.................

The Bugged Out Egg said:
i wonder if the future king eddie development can be tied in some how
I think Peel will tie in KE pub site with what they are planning for the KE industrial estate that they have just bought for £20M.
This might seem a bit "cocky" but the KE pub site is just another piece of the jigsaw that will see a greatly expanded CBD running from Pall Mall down to Princes Dock.

#19 ·
Doug Roberts said:
I nipped to Millenium Hse this morning and took a look at the plans for plot 3a,

Doesn`t the RSA look a whooper whopper too!!!

and will soon have some more new friends..... :) :cheers:

#20 ·
Bloody hell Doug, what a fantastic coup.... this has really cheered me up... I don't even think we have to demand extra floors, so complete within its own context seems the design, in outline at least!

Any news will have to be truly orgasmic to pass this little cutie!

Has the damn finally burst? Let's hope so!

#22 ·
Just great to see ........SEBO.........on a posting

Tony Sebo said:
Bloody hell Doug, what a fantastic coup.... this has really cheered me up... I don't even think we have to demand extra floors, so complete within its own context seems the design, in outline at least!

EMMMM, What are you doing out of bed, :) OK if you are a good boy you can stay up and drool at Doug`s fantastic pics!!!!!!!!!

Tony, welcome back and stay cool.

#25 ·
Tony Sebo said:

Welcome back Tony just don`t get tooooo excited......tooooo quickly..... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.