SkyscraperCity Forum banner

The Lexington | LW | Princes Dock - Plot A04 | 325 Apartments | 35 Storeys | 112m

700K views 3K replies 270 participants last post by  steveedster 
#1 ·
I nipped to Millenium Hse this morning and took a look at the plans for plot 3a,

Architect RMJM: part of the building description "Conceptually the tower is articulated as a series of shifted planes that express its verticality. The 2 outer glass panes project beyond the floor edges to enhance the towers slenderness whilst creating a reflective element"
all's I can add to that is I thought this looked brilliant!!

Apologies for these 2 images, I was very disappointed to see they were so poor, but the lighting is not too good in there and I couldn't use the flash. I posted them up because on the first one to the left of Alexandra Tower there is another tower on the far side of the dock gate, this has been mentioned before so there maybe something in this.

See less See more
#1,196 ·
The emerging plan for Princes Dock.....

Information from D&A statement....

The above seems to confirm that Princes Reach will have a 16 & 25 storey neighbours, so completing the Bath Street elevation. The Shanghai Tower should be located on the King Edward Triangle.

To many negative thoughts on this superb tower -- remember this guy......

Let us encourage more of this...

#1,199 ·
Information from D&A statement....

The above seems to confirm that Princes Reach will have a 16 & 25 storey neighbours, so completing the Bath Street elevation. The Shanghai Tower should be located on the King Edward Triangle.
Id be happy with that - with two towers shown on King Edward - maybe thats the compromise with the heritage loonies who have been going on about a stepped approach back from the waterfront

#1,202 ·
Just reading this after a week away. The negativity is astounding. It catches and spreads like wild-fire. This is a really good new development, and should kick-start further good quality developments on Princes Dock. It really doesn’t matter that they will not be taller, or even as tall as Princes Reach. What matters is further good quality and appropriate development.Can we just focus on Liverpool for once and stop the continual looking up the other end of the motorway. It’s embarrassing!

#1,207 ·
I like Manchester, and I certainly wouldn't describe it as a dump personally. Although there is virtue in making comparisons from time-to-time, or drawing on previous experiences (e.g., preparing a Commonwealth Games bid), there are times when I wish that people on these boards would leave Manchester to get on with its own affairs and concentrate on what's going on in Liverpool. I share Jane's frustrations with some of the negativity on here. At the end of the day, there are some good, high quality proposals for Princes Dock and Liverpool Waters. I feel that a bit more optimism would be well placed, and might even contribute (in a small way) to helping get these plans off the ground.

#1,218 ·
Manchester Centre is anything but a dump. Sure there are grot spots as with any city (Brum springs to mind most) but i like a lot of parts of Manc. The rivalry is due to proximity and probably stems more from the football side of things. They're doing well and whist i count Salford (it's own city) as what B'head is to Liverpool, Manchester on its own is doing good. So is Liverpool though. They may be going above 70m in more normal fashion but if you add X1's tower with China town and North point then we will rise up a little. Liverpool Waters is key and has been a horrendously slow burner but id fully built, we will be the envy of everybody outside of Ldn. That's a massive massive 'if' though. Just look at Wirral Waters and what that has to show of the '£4.5bn'

#1,223 ·
what are folks views on the outside terrace?
Well I certainly wouldn't want to be the one who has to fetch the ball when someone gets a bit overzealous playing on that table tennis table. ;)

In seriousness, it looks fine. I'm not sure how much use it would get given our climate and the winds off the river, but when the weather is fine, I'm sure it'll be great for the residents.

#1,226 ·
Yes the grass is there, although it looks like Peel are planning two single storey restaurant buildings either side of the bridge. Small, yes, but positive as this would create active frontages and an important sense of enclosure.

Hopefully further applications will follow soon as indicated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.