SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Liverpool's Monuments, Sculptures and Public Art

25K views 88 replies 35 participants last post by  Keayman 
#1 ·
"The City of Liverpool is proud of its fine collection of public art" ref

Please post your images of Liverpool's Monuments, Sculptures and Public Art here.

#5 ·
Digging for gold.....

Hmmm, there are several just not kept in the top list. New pics and appreciations make it work though.

Massive database on here.

Some old threads could do with revisiting, perhaps with some surprising results.....

It should be noted that the City of Liverpool has more sculptures, works of public art and monuments than any city, outside of the City of Westminster.

Though some have laughed regarding culture.

#16 ·
The Friends of Liverpool Monuments Civic Society is having thier AGM in the Civic Design Building (I think the proper name is the Gordon Stephenson Building) in 74 Bedford Street South on Feb 4th. All are welcome. I forgot to ask Pat about the time though! I'll get it in the morning.

Gerard and Tony (Swarbrick) - I was hoping to arrange a visit to the Athenaeum for us all after the AGM, through Mike Kelly. I was supposed do a vid of him being interviewed and doing a poetry reading. Sadly, Mike is in a bad way at the moment and it's been cancelled. My thought are with Mike tonight.

#28 · (Edited)
Judge and Jury expose.....drags on.

Not quite Liverpool Resurgent.....Old queen exposed outside court house.

The Friendly doors.....

Always had a glance at Castor and Pollux going into the CO-OP Bank..

#27 ·
Doors to the Cafe Nero / former Adelphi Bank, Castle Street.

Adelphi Bank, Castle Street
1890-92
Grade II*

One of the more exotic buildings on Castle Street is the corner premises to Brunswick Street, erected for the Adelphi Bank to the design of W.D. Caroe.
The façades combine bands of pink sandstone and pale grey granite, decorated in the manner of French and north European Renaissance architecture, mixed with Nordic and eastern European touches seen in the treatment of the dormers and onion dome.

The bronze entrance doors by Thomas Stirling Lee, one of the principal sculptors to have worked on St George's Hall, with panel reliefs and statuettes on the theme of brotherly love, are of outstanding quality.

http://www.liverpoolworldheritage.com/visitingthewhs/areas/castlestreet/castlestreet.asp

Cast Bronze Gates, Adelphi Bank, Liverpool. Designed by W. D. CAROE, the figures by Stirling Lee, executed by Starkie Gardner And Co.

#29 ·
Doors to the Cafe Nero / former Adelphi Bank, Castle Street.

Adelphi Bank, Castle Street
1890-92
Grade II*

One of the more exotic buildings on Castle Street is the corner premises to Brunswick Street, erected for the Adelphi Bank to the design of W.D. Caroe.
The façades combine bands of pink sandstone and pale grey granite, decorated in the manner of French and north European Renaissance architecture, mixed with Nordic and eastern European touches seen in the treatment of the dormers and onion dome.

The bronze entrance doors by Thomas Stirling Lee, one of the principal sculptors to have worked on St George's Hall, with panel reliefs and statuettes on the theme of brotherly love, are of outstanding quality.

http://www.liverpoolworldheritage.co...stlestreet.asp

Cast Bronze Gates, Adelphi Bank, Liverpool. Designed by W. D. CAROE, the figures by Stirling Lee, executed by Starkie Gardner And Co.

exacta2a on Flickr:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.