daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Wales / Cymru

Wales / Cymru Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and the rest of Wales

Closed Thread

Old August 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #1
jantra

Likes (Received): 0

Question FAO Admin(s)

Hey Chaps

why has Stewgog been banned. ok he was a bit excitable in his retort but you must take this into context. some remarks were deflamatory from a certain point of view.

And this is a democratic society, can we not all behave like grown ups and get along and at least accept that some people do shoot from the hip...

I beleive the issue has passed anyway, there has been a sort of peace that has been brokered to end the civil war...

pip pip
jantra no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old August 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #2
SixU
Vi veri veniversum vici

He was a bit offensive though :s, maybe just a firm telling off from an admin would have been better than a full on ban.

It kinda reinforces the belief that anyone who doesn't have a certain Anglo-Centric opinion isn't tolerated.
SixU no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #3
JamesWales

I think I missed most of this argument, but I think that unless people say something illegal, then I adopt the old argument that I may not agree with someone, but I defend their right to say it.

That said, if he was given warnings by the mods which he ignored, its mprobably fair enough.
JamesWales no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #4
jantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6underground View Post
He was a bit offensive though :s, maybe just a firm telling off from an admin would have been better than a full on ban.

It kinda reinforces the belief that anyone who doesn't have a certain Anglo-Centric opinion isn't tolerated.

don't start as well :p

I think they were just setting a precedent that offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. However, a stern warnnig would have been more appropriate...i'm sure liam and Cardiff are more than capable of taking Stewgog's comments on the chin....
jantra no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #5
jantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6underground View Post

by the way, had a look at those renders, flunkin awesome...
jantra no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #6
SixU
Vi veri veniversum vici

Quote:
by the way, had a look at those renders, flunkin awesome...
hahah, Diolch yn fawr.

Thankyou very much

Now, if only I could model Cardiff City centre with some amazing forms of architecture. Wouldn't something by Santiago Calatrava look simply breath taking near the Millennium stadium?
SixU no está en línea  
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:54 AM   #7
wjfox
Save the bees!

Likes (Received): 5506

If you have a problem, please send a PM to one of the staff.
wjfox no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: