SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Toledo Development News

Tags
toledo
509K views 4K replies 59 participants last post by  cjfjapan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I restarted this thread because The Blade stated that they want all of their content deleted from this site, which frankly was quite a lot in that thread. I moved the thread out of sight, if one of the local staffers can clean it out it can be restored.

General reminder: please do not copy full articles from outside news sources into the forums. Best way to go is to copy the title and a small extract and link to the full article. Thanks for working with us.

Here is a link to the previous thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=240455

#4,031 ·
Alright, alright, let's not all be haters.. I've changed my perception on cincy, maybe this kid only has exposure to the negative news on toledo. That's one thing about ohio, seems like we gotta talk down on other areas to feel better about ourselves. The good thing is, there's lots of development going on in all of our major ohio cities, and I'll continue to post for anyone interested..

Currently there is more development going on downtown then there has been in the last 25 years.

#4,039 ·
Not sure what the development demand is in Toledo, but I'm surprised that this couldn't be repurposed for residential? Wichita has actually had success at renovations and conversions to some of their 1960's International-style office buildings that otherwise would be left for dead.

Probably hard for Toledo to replace this contribution to the skyline.

#4,041 ·
Wichita is an interesting comparison to Toledo - Wichita's current city and metro populations are nearly exactly the same as Toledo's peak city population (383K), and its current metro population (650K). Wichita also has a quite similar building to this one in its skyline, though the Wichita building is taller, I think both started as Holiday Inns. Toledo, however, is not a growing city, and many, many of its buildings downtown are underutilized. I would not be surprised if this one has some structural or mold issues that make demolition more economically feasible than renovation. It's too bad that it will be gone from the skyline, but it is detrimental to the street life as it is on Summit.

Source: http://thecitiesbusinessdirectory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/WICHITA-SKYLINE_NIGHT-3.jpg

#4,045 ·
This is an outstanding development for Toledo. The article notes that the Pythias Building, next to the current Greyhound Station, will now be more likely to see redevelopment now that the bus station is moving. Although unlikely, I hope that Megabus would also move to the train station, which might allow TARTA to concentrate some routes there, especially from the area universities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.