daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West Includes CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID and BC.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #1221
dirt patch

Likes (Received): 50

Bosa is at it again, kicking off another high rise boom downtown! Kudos to Bosa. His project in Seattle is a knock out success since he went against the grain during the slow time back in 2012 and conquered it!
dirt patch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 18th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #1222
sdery

Likes (Received): 6

Nice looking tower but unfortunately there will be some noise issues with the train line nearby (even with quiet crossings, the nighttime freight trains can wake you up easily). I really wish they would grade separate the rail lines through downtown.
sdery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #1223
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 23919

Sempra tower

San Diego, California, U.S.A. by jorgemolina37, on Flickr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #1224
dirt patch

Likes (Received): 50

The new iconic tower by Bosa will improve the skyline dramatically. Wish we have Bosa in our city!
dirt patch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 03:14 AM   #1225
jayOOfoshO

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
Sempra tower

San Diego, California, U.S.A. by jorgemolina37, on Flickr
This area to the bottom right of the image looks perfect for a new Chargers stadium

mgs11 liked this post
jayOOfoshO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #1226
almin96
★★★★★

Likes (Received): 205

Broadway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mgs11, jayOOfoshO, geometarkv liked this post
almin96 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:27 AM   #1227
saiholmes

Likes (Received): 383

http://blueworldproject.seaworld.com/

mgs11 liked this post
saiholmes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #1228
saiholmes

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSD

Giant Ferris wheels proposed on bay

A 400-foot Ferris wheel, complete with a light show and museum exhibits, would be downtown's next big attraction if proposers of the Skywheel at Discovery Point get the nod from the San Diego Unified Port District.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...heel-bay-port/
Old January 13th, 2015, 08:04 PM   #1229
JCamilo79
JCamilo79

Likes (Received): 14

Beautiful instalation at Lindbergh Field.

[IMG][/IMG]

mgs11, saiholmes, jcastro805, almin96 liked this post
JCamilo79 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #1230
metrocity789

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiholmes View Post
San Diego is getting to be a very beautiful and modern city every year. I love this city!!
metrocity789 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 04:30 AM   #1231
jessemh431

Likes (Received): 54

I was just in SD for New Year's. Haven't been down there in a while, but wow! Your city has really grown up! I couldn't believe the density in downtown! And personally, I prefer the density of DTSD compared to DTLA. Most cities developing their downtowns look to height instead of focusing on walkability and density for the residents. Older cities like NYC and Chicago already have that part down, so it's okay to add skyscrapers. But in a city like LA, we need focus on the street life and making it a welcoming place for people to live and walk around. SD seemed to be more walkable and less spotty in density. That's just my observation, but overall I really loved my time there. By far the best city in CA, the most improved downtown, and in the future I can easily see it being one of the country's walkable destinations. The height limit gives it that European feel of density, not the flamboyancy of competing skyscrapers that do nothing to improve the actual feel of the city from the ground. Like Houston is tall, but downtown is nothing. DC and Baltimore are short, but very dense. European cities are short and dense.
jessemh431 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:40 PM   #1232
GatsbyGatz

Likes (Received): 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I was just in SD for New Year's. Haven't been down there in a while, but wow! Your city has really grown up! I couldn't believe the density in downtown! And personally, I prefer the density of DTSD compared to DTLA. Most cities developing their downtowns look to height instead of focusing on walkability and density for the residents. Older cities like NYC and Chicago already have that part down, so it's okay to add skyscrapers. But in a city like LA, we need focus on the street life and making it a welcoming place for people to live and walk around. SD seemed to be more walkable and less spotty in density. That's just my observation, but overall I really loved my time there. By far the best city in CA, the most improved downtown, and in the future I can easily see it being one of the country's walkable destinations. The height limit gives it that European feel of density, not the flamboyancy of competing skyscrapers that do nothing to improve the actual feel of the city from the ground. Like Houston is tall, but downtown is nothing. DC and Baltimore are short, but very dense. European cities are short and dense.
New developments in DTLA focus heavily on walkability. The problem with Downtown LA from the 70's-90's is that all those skyscrapers in Bunker Hill are built for cars which leads to Bunker Hill (where most of DTLA's skyscrapers are located) are ironically terrible places for walking due to how uninviting these buildings are from the street. The "office park" model for urban design was obviously a terrible idea and has fortunately fallen out of popularity for most American downtowns.
GatsbyGatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 05:10 AM   #1233
seattleskyline

Likes (Received): 22

I LIKE SAN DIEGO!
seattleskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM   #1234
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Work underway at Bosa Tower site:

http://www.sandiegostreets.com/2014/...-and-broadway/

http://www.sandiegostreets.com/2014/...-and-broadway/

mgs11, saiholmes, xXFallenXx liked this post
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:20 AM   #1235
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Topping Off 15th and Island

Tower 2 begins this year!

http://www.sandiegostreets.com/2014/...f-15th-island/

jcastro805, mgs11, saiholmes liked this post

Tags
san diego