search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Scale Models

Scale Models Showcase and discussions

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #741
ginseng

Likes (Received): 909

Financial Times Building. NYC

One more from Sixth Avenue. I had an early unreleased version of this for years and I originally wanted to post finalized version along with Tower Verre, but then completion Rockefeller Center motivated me to post it much earlier.
As of now I don't have any more New York models with major progress, only exception being some smaller building in my Third Avenue project. Now will be a good opportunity to finally give proper focus to One Astor Plaza and 570 Lexington Avenue, though they'll certainly take a while to make.

Extended base that besides completed models includes footprints of Tower Verre, 114 West 47th Street and models that are being made by LAbuilder. Combined with Rockefeller Center and Avenue of the Americas Parts 1 & 2 you will have a solid chunk of Manhattan complete with roads.

There's also much bigger base that combines everything I made around Sixth Avenue with lots of new footprints: http://i.imgur.com/AgzAAkY.png

Last edited by ginseng; August 27th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.
ginseng no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2017, 09:17 PM   #742
LAbuilder
Future Architect

Likes (Received): 233

Thatīs just amazing!!!!!! Wooooooooow!!!!!!! I love it, really! But I have a questions: I have no Photoshop, could you help me scaling the base down at 1:1700 (real 1:1700, not 2 pix/ 1m)so I can make mine fit? If I do it with Paint it gets soooo blurry. Thanks in advance! And are you also working on Baccarat? If itīs like that, Iīll throw mine away, yours will be way better. And again, as always, great job!!!!!!
BTW I think you forgot International Gem Tower (I know itīs not very good looking, Iīll reclad it very,very soon)

Last edited by LAbuilder; August 27th, 2017 at 09:44 PM.
LAbuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:09 AM   #743
ginseng

Thanks! I don't think there's anything I can to better about scaling it down, the method I described earlier only works in the opposite direction. If you don't already use it, try Paint.net (it's for free). For scaling it might be even better than Photoshop.
Keep working on Baccarat! The new version looks really good, the only problem might be how well it'll fit
Old August 28th, 2017, 12:42 AM   #744
Feind

Likes (Received): 13

All your very sacred! I also love very much! Very surprise, thank you for your work! I'm really looking forward to your 1350 6th Avenue, BTW what size ratio is 1:1500 1290 6th Avenue print?
Feind no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #745
ginseng

Apaloh's scale is 1:1700 so print it at 113.3%
Old August 28th, 2017, 11:45 AM   #746
apaloh
Applause

Likes (Received): 237

correct

My paper model thread
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1551025
apaloh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #747
LAbuilder
Future Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginseng View Post
Keep working on Baccarat! The new version looks really good, the only problem might be how well it'll fit
All right then! I checked it and the versions are not very different, with a little edition they will fit very easily. BTW do you plan on doing all the buildings you draw footprints for?

Last edited by LAbuilder; August 29th, 2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old August 30th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #748
Feind

Likes (Received): 13

@ginseng,When I was in print, the financial times building encounter a problem, according to your original size print will still be big about 1 mm gap can be corrected?
Feind no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #749
ginseng

You're right, there seems something weird going on. Did anyone else have problems with printing my models lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAbuilder View Post
All right then! I checked it and the versions are not very different, with a little edition they will fit very easily. BTW do you plan on doing all the buildings you draw footprints for?
I sure would like to make them all, but I have no idea if I'll be able to or how long it might take. Besides Tower Verre, the only ones with any real progress are 1325 Avenue of the Americas and 135 West 50th Street
Old September 9th, 2017, 01:09 AM   #750
LAbuilder
Future Architect

I like both, specially 1325 6th!!! Tell me whatever I can help you with
Old September 29th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #751
LAbuilder
Future Architect

Hey, Ginseng, anything beauty se could see soon? BTW my History of Architecture teacher usted your Rockefeller Center model to teach us art decó style. Couldn't believe my eyes

ginseng liked this post
Old October 2nd, 2017, 08:44 PM   #752
ginseng

Wow, that's amazing to hear. Maybe I really should have picked architecture

Unfortunately I don't have much time for models right now, thought there are two major models on the horizon (from Houston and Minneapolis respectively) that I feel will be easily among my greatest ever

LAbuilder, spidey7312 liked this post