daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 21st, 2015, 08:20 AM   #421
Yeezus2

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
You love my reasoning? I love how you twist everything I say and try to make a strawman to make me look like I am of a racist nature, when it is you who are contriving this on your own accord. "Well-off"? I guess you ignored the past post where it was pointed out that the median income earnings in the town are very low... Gee, seems like you're not very concerned about those who are not well off in Waxahachie. Well, I wouldn't expect anything reasonable from someone who has a "KANYE FOR PRESIDENT 2020 WE HERE FAM" banner. That tells everyone all there is to know about your mindset...

I do not need to twist anything you say simply by the fact that everything you say is entitled bullsh!t. If you honestly cannot understand how my sig is nothing short of irony, then this all makes sense. Sarcasm and depreciating humor is hard to understand on the internet.

But you bring up a point where I've twisted your words when in reality all I've done is analyzed them. Saying "it seems like you're not very concerned about those who are not well off in Waxahachie" is not only twisting my words, it's putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

Your entire ignorant argument was that an area of Dallas known for its low income and poverty levels (or a "bad" area, which is incredible) does not deserve a rail line because Waxahachie did not want a rail extension through this area into their part of town. YOU said they did not want to ride the train with these types of people, and then said that they already have a bus line and should be fine with what they have.

That means that the people of Waxahachie deserve a better, more expensive, more prestigous form of public transit because they are economically better than this "bad area of Dallas"

The fact that this continues to go over your head and your blantant disregard to those people, who are in a lower financial bracket than others, speaks volumes about your Dallas citizenship.

You are here, representing this great Texas city to the world of architecture, and you are sh!tting all over the less fortunate people, because they live in the "bad area of Dallas"

Incredible.

Edit;
Quote:
Train lines currently run from quite wealthy areas of the near west suburbs through the very violent west side of the city and people do it every day (green line). I've taken that line and others through the south side and never felt in danger. Walking through bad areas is scary. Taking the L trains or driving on the freeway is fine...
Ok so now you're contradicting yourself? You say you were fine taking a train through the super-duper scary parts of the city, yet argue that Waxahachie deserves their own line that circumvents a bad area of Dallas? Jesus make up your mind.

Sponsored Links

Old October 23rd, 2015, 02:30 AM   #422
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 698

Are you still talking? You don't shut up, do you?
Joshua Dodd está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2015, 05:48 AM   #423
Yeezus2

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
Are you still talking? You don't shut up, do you?
Incredible. First, you can't offer any coherent rebuttal or counter-argument, then you start attacking my sig because you can't understand sarcasm/humor (which, btw, has nothing to do with the original argument), and now you're just mad.

Excuse me, for not "shutting up" about issues that plague this great state of ours. Excuse me, for not pushing societal issues under the rug. Excuse me, for not being an entitled prick.

Nouvellecosse liked this post
Yeezus2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:49 AM   #424
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 698

I offered plenty. It was you who ignored all my main points.
Joshua Dodd está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2015, 05:06 AM   #425
lunarwhite

Likes (Received): 21

In an effort to generate more light and less heat I present the link below to a 2004 era rail transportation plan for the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It was done by the Regional Transportation Council of the North Central Trxas Council of Governments.

It is essentially a Fantasy Map produced by a committee. But since this committee has lots of staff and money they did studies of each segment and picked among the alternatives for each. Chapter 8 under the Corridor Report heading is the Dallas-Waxahachie line discussed recently on this thread.

http://www.nctcog.org/trans/transit/...rrcs/index.asp

Scroll down a bit to see the map.

Click on a Chapter line to download PDF for that segment's study.

Note that their plan was to run along the ex-Katy, now BNSF railroad and not build an extension from the south end of the Blue Line of DART light rail.

Last edited by lunarwhite; November 1st, 2015 at 05:11 AM.
lunarwhite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2015, 01:10 AM   #426
Nexis
Greetings form New Jersey

Likes (Received): 11646

Second Quarter 2015 Ridership numbers for Dallas

Light Rail
Dallas / DART LRT - 95,300 (2015) : 2.10% +

Commuter Rail
Dallas-Fort Worth / Trinity Railway Express - 7,500 (2015) : -11.22%

Bus Ridership
Dallas / DART Bus - 120,700 (2015) : 4.55% +

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< For Cityscapes , Nature , Food , Construction projects around the NYC Metro , and infrastructure
Visit the Reorganized
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

< Covers Metro North , New Jersey Transit & Long Island Railroad (NYC region)
Visit the

dimlys1994, Yuri S Andrade liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 06:20 AM   #427
Nexis
Greetings form New Jersey

Likes (Received): 11646

3rd Quarter 2015 Ridership numbers for Dallas

Light Rail
Dallas / DART LRT - 100,200 (2015) : 2.10% +

Commuter Rail
Dallas-Fort Worth / Trinity Railway Express - 7,800 (2015) : 5.08%

Bus Ridership
Dallas / DART Bus - 123,200 (2015) : 3.97%+

< For Cityscapes , Nature , Food , Construction projects around the NYC Metro , and infrastructure
Visit the Reorganized

< Covers Metro North , New Jersey Transit & Long Island Railroad (NYC region)
Visit the
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:05 PM   #428
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 1952

Dallas Morning News
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/trans...expansions.ece

Quote:
DART streetcar, D-Link changes are prelude to expansions

By BRANDON FORMBY
Transportation Writer

Published: 03 January 2016 10:30 PM
Updated: 03 January 2016 10:55 PM

The Dallas-Oak Cliff streetcar’s schedule is getting a revamp in the first of a handful of high-profile Dallas Area Rapid Transit service changes and expansions coming in the new year.

The streetcar in February will continue its trips departing every 30 minutes, but service will start and end much later in the day. Service will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at midnight. DART will also expand the same schedule to weekends for the first time.

Once the free line is extended from Methodist Dallas Medical Center to the Bishop Arts District, by the end of the year, streetcars will run every 20 minutes each day.

By the end of 2016, DART also expects to open the new Camp Wisdom and University of North Texas at Dallas Stations on its Blue Line. That rail line change will force some bus route changes, extensions and eliminations. The agency also wants to increase the frequency of two shuttle routes that serve the new Parkland Memorial Hospital, which opened in 2015.

https://www.dart.org/riding/dallasstreetcar.asp

dimlys1994, geometarkv, Joshua Dodd liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dallas, dart, light rail transit, texas