daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Vietnam Forum > Projects and Construction

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:24 PM   #1
hanoi2006

Likes (Received): 0

The Great South Cultural Park

PHASE 1, ALMOST COMPLETE WITH DAI NAM TEMPLE

hanoi2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 31st, 2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Baria

Where is this Dai Nam Temple? The complex look more like in Taiwan, than in VN.
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:35 PM   #3
hanoi2006

It is located at Binh Duong province. Here you can see the details:http://vietnamnet.vn/psks/2006/01/537556/
hanoi2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:12 PM   #4
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Likes (Received): 73

This ...er... 'thing' is like just being teleported from nowhere to....nowhere.

Anyway, I sooooooo hate fake mountains how many real mountains, cliffs, hills have been destroyed to make them.....

I'm not against it but it seems any guy with a bunch of bucks could absolutly make tha wildest dream comes true.

Nice pagoda but torture me with durian and i still say that I don't see anything vietnamese there, u put it in "Guess the Location" and no one will even think about Vietnam. Believe me, I bet my fortune that this guy riding Wave Alpha has chinese roots. But he's filthy RICH....and he put his money into that huge-ass pa....no financial advisor, no charity foundation rang him....I cannot believe it.

Last edited by Saigoneseguy; January 31st, 2006 at 09:26 PM.
Saigoneseguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Pho-sure
BANNED

OMG it's so beautiful. I love it. I've always been jealous of the Chinese for recreating big-a$$ magnificent structures and able to afford all those restoration works.

Let's hope the Purple Forbidden City will have its damaged walls and buildings be restored or reconstructed as well.
Pho-sure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:18 PM   #6
versalvin
Got Phở ?

i give credits for the efforts of trying to building something cultural on the massive scale...beyond that this complex is horrible...

it looks too amusement-park like...seriously i thought this was another version of Suối Tin park in saigon...especially the massive dragon

but to be a cultural icon...a big big disappointment... if you want to do something like this..DO IT SERIOUSLY.....the ideas and designs are tơo messy...read the related article...

the fake mountians are horrible...

it's massive, (big isnt everything) it's expensive (a waste of 200 millions dollars).....man we ned high quality architecture not chesy ones....Cha Một Cột is small but it is a unique design...its not a incoincident that it is an instant recognizible image of Hanoi or Vietnam
versalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:30 PM   #7
versalvin
Got Phở ?

wait never mind...IT IS a AMUSEMENT PARK..for the complex will eventually includes

"Cc hạng mục tiếp theo sẽ l Vịnh Hạ Long thu nhỏ với diện tch mặt biển 18 hecta; sng Cửu Long thu nhỏ; cng với sự ti hiện cc kỳ quan thế giới như thp Eiffel, điện Kremlin, Vạn l trường thnh, đền Angkor "

then you cant call and take this project seriously as a 'cultural place' as the article states..
versalvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:48 PM   #8
danangboy

Likes (Received): 21

is it bigger than the forbidian city in china ?????????????/
danangboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:57 PM   #9
another_viet
another_viet

ITS MASSIVE, CRAZY!!!! wow

how far is binh duong from saigon?

is the temple dedicated to king hung or something?

yeh the fake mountains r kinda corny
another_viet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:57 PM   #10
Pho-sure
BANNED

Well the primary purpose is to make a profit, not building a white elephant cultural icon. I think this project is great, paving way for future improvements and hopefully an authentic recreation of ancient Vietnam's daily life, like Korea's cultural park.

This is more like light family entertainment with a twist of culture.

I'm not complaining. At least there'll be somewhere else to go when I visit Vietnam in 2-3 years instead of just Suoi Tien and Dam Sen. Suoi Tien was horrible though.

BTW, the guy who's building this complex is a native of Binh Dinh, the home of Tay Son and the legendary Emperor Quang Trung Nguyen Hue.
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:01 AM   #11
another_viet
another_viet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pho-sure
OMG it's so beautiful. I love it. I've always been jealous of the Chinese for recreating big-a$$ magnificent structures and able to afford all those restoration works.

Let's hope the Purple Forbidden City will have its damaged walls and buildings be restored or reconstructed as well.

now that u mention the purple forbidden city.... wut we see is only half of wuts left, its all the could restore. the rest has become rice paddies.i hope they could rebuild some buildings, accurately
another_viet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:04 AM   #12
Pho-sure
BANNED

Yes I've been to the FPC last year. It was so sad to see much of the complex was in ruins, with less than half still standing and even fewer in good condition. What could be restored should be restored, what has been totally destroyed should be build true to their original design.
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:26 AM   #13
Saigoneseguy
Vivat capitalismus

Likes (Received): 73

It is very difficult to restore the destroyed buildings in Hue....barely any documents left. but the essential parts are still standing. I've been in Hue like last 2 years and it was very nice.

Still, the huge-ass pagoda thinggie is unbelievable..i said, this guy is haunted by Hong Kong Kiem Hiep movies....it seems lke u guys like it, nvm.

Btw, Binh Duong (Song Be) is about 8 miles from Saigon, not too far in the North but it's not Saigon's suburb.

Last edited by Saigoneseguy; February 1st, 2006 at 07:32 PM.
Saigoneseguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 03:05 AM   #14
sqd
BANNED

What a project, instead of putting $200 millions to develope our own culture like inventing our own indeginous archituretural style,these people are spending money to preserve foreign-influenced (chinese in this case) architectural style in our culture.
sqd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #15
Trn
Architecture lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon_monsooner
This ...er... 'thing' is like just being teleported from nowhere to....nowhere.

Anyway, I sooooooo hate fake mountains how many real mountains, cliffs, hills have been destroyed to make them.....

I'm not against it but it seems any guy with a bunch of bucks could absolutly make tha wildest dream comes true.

Nice pagoda but torture me with durian and i still say that I don't see anything vietnamese there, u put it in "Guess the Location" and no one will even think about Vietnam. Believe me, I bet my fortune that this guy riding Wave Alpha has chinese roots. But he's filthy RICH....and he put his money into that huge-ass pa....no financial advisor, no charity foundation rang him....I cannot believe it.
100% agreed
Trn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #16
vkameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon_monsooner
It is very difficult to restore the destroyed buildings in Hue....barely any documents left. but the essential parts are still standing. I've been in Hue like last 2 years and it was very nice.

Still, the huge-ass pagoda thinggie is unbelievable..i said, this guy is haunted by Hong Kong Kiem Hiep movies....it seems lke u guys like it, nvm.

Btw, Binh Duong (Song Be) is about 8 miles from Saigon, not too far in the North but it's not Saigon's suburb.
You mean Hoang Thanh of Thang Long? because there are many pictures taken of the palace before the war, and there are tons of sources about it.
vkameleon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #17
coolink
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2298

no

Last edited by coolink; June 19th, 2006 at 03:12 AM.
coolink no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #18
danangboy

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang
actually if you lookk carefully they imitate exactly what were found during the excavation in Hanoi. the roof shingles, dragons on the roofs and stair way marble carving are of Ly's dynasty and no other.
The support beams are of VN architecture not Chinese
you 100 % right look at the roof of vietnam and china it have it diff we hav dragon and they dont
danangboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #19
loureed

Likes (Received): 5

It would be acceptable imo without the dragon.
loureed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:17 AM   #20
Pho-sure
BANNED

Dragons has always been included in Vietnamese roof architecture historically.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: