daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Lebanon > Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 16th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #1
R.E-S
Jigsaw

Likes (Received): 0

#UNDER C-Dbayeh: "Marina City (aka Waterfront City)" | Mixed-Use

I thought this would be interesting, theres a new project called marina city in Beirut and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if its underconstruction, any rendering or any more infos/pix, please post them. And theres also Astoria tower in Beirut, can anyone further detail these projects in Lebanon?

Marina City: Touristic & Investment Project
Marina City is considered as one of the most important projects in the real estate development in a prime location on the Great Beirut sea coastal front of Dbayeh region which was backfilled since 6 years ago it became known as Dbayeh Marina (Joseph Khoury Marina) which it can accommodate more than 700 yachts... from its outstanding characteristics as its strategic location close to Beirut Central District Commercial Center, to North Metn and Jounieh in addition to its connection to modern network of main roads leading to either the highway between Beirut and Jounieh or to the autostrade of northern Metn, also to the sea shore road, which lies at the door steps and parallel to the project.

The project consists of 26 plots of land, which represent a Marina belt that can be used for multiple purposes. The project extends on an area of 81,000m2 whilst the built-up area is of 365,000m2.

The project consists of:

- Five star hotel of 270 rooms and suites.
- A reception hall accommodating 1000 persons.
- Seven residential towers ranging from 11 to 15 floors and house for more than 150 luxurious residential units specialized for “time share” services – 75 furnished apartments – a covered commercial center extending to 75,000m2, which will house the most important trade marks and international companies and prestigious restaurants – playground for children and recreation extending to one kilometer – 12 movies theaters – underground parking cars that can accommodate 3000 cars...

But the types of investment consist of two sections: The residential
Towers, the commercial market and rental apartments – the hotel and partial ownership.

The total investment required for the execution of the project is around
$326 million; $190 million to launch the construction activities; and $116 million will be open to write-up for the public, companies & individual investors via Lebanese Canadian Bank.

The project is scheduled to start at the beginning of 2005 and to be completed by the end of 2007 and the yearly return on the investment is expected to be about 30% of the total investment.

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Wow, this will certainly attract more tourists!! Good job, thanks for posting.
Halawala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #3
Lebanese Cedar

Likes (Received): 25

I remember reading about the Marina City project back in January 2004, it looks very impressive, but I haven't heard anything since. Has it been postponed or something?

I am going down to Beirut this summer and I will try to find out information about it from my cousin.
Lebanese Cedar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Beiruti

Likes (Received): 69

I saw the Dabbayeh Marina residential towers under construction last summer. Dabayyeh is an amazing place now that the marina has been constructed and hotels and night clubs have increased there. It is a nice town just north of Beirut and I believe the Dabayyeh marina is actually larger than the Beirut marina.

Last edited by Beiruti; July 16th, 2007 at 10:43 PM.
Beiruti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Lebanese Cedar

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beirut!
I believe the Dabayyeh marina is actually larger than the Beirut marina.
It is. It's also the largest marina in the Middle East.
Lebanese Cedar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #6
Beiruti

LEBANON: 5th International BOAT & SUPER YACHT SHOW

Big news for Dabayyeh Marina!

4/28/2006

The premiere destination for all boating and water sports enthusiasts: Beirut Boat 2006

Under the auspices of the Lebanese Minister of Public Works and Transport H.E. Mr. Mohammad Al Safadi, Beirut Boat 2006, the 5th International BOAT & SUPER YACHT SHOW will be held from 17 to 21 May 2006 at La Marina - Joseph Khoury, Beirut – Lebanon.

On 18th of May, concurrently with show, the 2nd International Conference on Seafront Development & Real Estate in the Middle East will be held at Le Royal Hotel, under the auspices of H.E. Minister of Tourism Eng. Joseph Sarkis.
Beirut Boat 2006 is co-organized by Messe Düsseldorf and International Fairs & Promotions (IFP), renowned leaders in organizing world class international exhibitions and events. The show offers a series of prestigious sports, social and entertainment activities to make the event truly world class.
The exhibition is held at La Marina Dbayeh, a prestigious and modern venue for the Middle East’s most prestigious Boat show combining floating boats, super yachts and marine accessories with indoor and outdoor exhibits. The venue ranks among the most modern equipped marinas in the region. The 110,000 m2 facility offers mooring for 700 boats and super yachts up to 85 meters in length.

On display will be latest in the boating industry: dreamboats and super yachts and every type of watercraft, big and small, water skiing and jet skiing, fishing and cruising, diving and snorkeling, water and under water technological novelties from the world’s leading boat builders and fitters of super yachts and comfortable cruisers. On site, renowned experts will provide professional advice on all boating and water sports related questions.
The 2nd International Conference on Seafront Development & Real Estate in the Middle East is designed to be the largest gathering of its type.
For the second time, marine industry decision-makers will converge on a conference organized by the Arab Marine Industries Association (AMIA) in collaboration with The World of Boats and Yachts magazine concurrently with the 2006 Beirut Boat show.

The conference will be the right time and place for professionals and decision-makers involved in the development of sea front projects to discuss the latest developments, issues, technologies and solutions through knowledge and network development. Keynote speakers at the conference will address the key aspects involved in marina design, management and operations, as well as available opportunities, expertise and technology.

Conference attendees will seize the opportunity to highlight the economic benefits of the undergoing and planned seafront development projects in Lebanon, and the multi-billion dollars projects in Dubai, Doha and Kuwait, cities that are hosting several man-made islands and marinas. Debate will also center around the need for government industry-supporting legislation, notably investment, insurance, and commercial laws to protect local and international private investors.

The 1st Conference in 2004 was a big success. The conference, which was sponsored by EMAAR, succeeded in joining top quality regional and international speakers and panelists who addressed a multitude of registered participants, VIP guests, decision-makers and marine enthusiasts. Satisfaction with the event was very high. The conference highlighted regional achievements in seafront development.

The 2004 conference attracted a wide range of international delegates including: Project owners, government officials and planners, technology and solution providers, private sector investors and developers, multi-national corporations, architects, engineers, construction companies, banks and financial institutions, port and harbor authorities, hotel and retail developers, tourism promotion authorities, leisure developers, real estate agents, academics, journalists and travel press. A similar profile is expected at this year’s event.

The seasonal timing of Beirut Boat 2006, by the end of May, makes it an ideal destination for both business and pleasure. Just a short flight from the Gulf and Europe, Lebanon’s renowned hospitality and unique cultural ambience, not to mention its spectacular Mediterranean coastline and mountainous landscape, provide visitors and exhibitors with an unforgettable experience. Beirut is home to luxury hotels from almost every leading chain and world-class resort facilities that are only matched by the country’s natural beauty.
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:36 PM   #7
lebaneseangel

is this place at the marina near zalka...or at the waterfront near the corniche?
lebaneseangel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM   #8
Jayme
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 6

is there any photos of the Profect and what there are doing so far .. i remember when i was in Lebanon in 2004 that area all empty i wounder it will like when i c it in the end of 2006

At land is reclamed from the sea right ?
Jayme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM   #9
lebaneseangel

wait...ok i may be lost...so help me out here. my husband told me where this land is..(the marina in east beirut) near royal park hotels. so far all they have done is dug holes(and the holes were there when i arrived in june last year) and now they are just growing grass in them ..and the fire dept, uses the space to start fires and train the firefighters to put out fires(lool we seen this last time we were there)...and everyone who visits it is using the holes as a large garbage bin.

im sure once this project is done it will be beautifull..but you know what sucks about the view from this marina....is that when you look twords beirut from the sea....the 1 thing that stands out..is the landfill. it really ruins the view!!
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Beiruti

Well soon the landfill will be gone (meaning it will fill in the rest of the land), and about the marina, I already saw them constucting buildings there last summer and the marina is reall nice and clean, its a park where most people take their kids to ride bikes, etc
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:18 PM   #11
lebaneseangel

what do mean it will be gone? they will change the place to dump beiruts garbage?
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM   #12
nareg

I don't know when but they will recycle the landfill just like the old one that used to exist near Beirut Marina.
nareg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #13
lebaneseangel

no i am talking about the landfill(the dumb) where they dump all of beiruts garbage. its not at the marina that i am talking about. im talking about that big brown hill u see when looking tword beirut from the marina(its somewhere near geant or doura) but you can see it when you look to beirut across the sea from marina..its so ugly!!!

i think maybe i confused a few of you. not empty land...a landfill(a garbage dump)
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #14
lebaneseangel

no its not owned by soldiere. its a dump. my husband said its now closed. he said no hotels. but they were thinking of making it a park(how nasty huh?) but he said as of now there are no plans for it. and it is at doura.
but the one i think you are refering to in biel is near the ocean front right? bcz last month whene we were walking downtown we noticed that they were digging.
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:52 AM   #15
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 991

Hey guys,here's a hendering for the project,but i guess it's not the final one,koz it's one of others in competition,this one designed by pierre el khoury in collaboration with skidmore,Ownings&merrill.

Hassoun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #16
Jayme
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 6

sooo im really confused r they still going to make the marina city or what
Jayme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #17
nareg

No, this project is being studied. Nothing till now.
nareg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #18
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

I'd like to see the huge nice building in the horizon in the upper right hendering coming into life.
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #19
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

the whole area of matn coast is undergoing massive construction.and yes,i believe the still wanna go for this project.
Old August 29th, 2006, 05:30 AM   #20
Beiruti

Some construction at the Dbayeh Marina (MJK):

(on the right)

Last edited by Beiruti; August 29th, 2006 at 05:49 AM.
Beiruti no está en línea   Reply With Quote