search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > Design and Lifestyle

Design and Lifestyle interior architecture, industrial design, furniture and everything else which shapes the world right around you

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2015, 07:56 PM   #1
Elifast

Likes (Received): 0

Any ideas or suggestions for my dads recently renovated building?

Hey guys,
First time posting!
My dad is a small time urban developer in Vancouver, he has a pretty basic but cool building in the trendy china town district. I'm looking for some ideas or suggestions on how to make it cooler... I'll give a brief description and let's see what we come up with!

The building: pictures: I cant post pictures yet.... i'll try and post a link son
-The building itself is not bad, around 100,000 sq/ft of office space with a parkade going up to the roof.
-Polished concrete floors, high ceilings, white walls: the tenants are mainly cool "hip" (as my dad would say) startup companies.
-A very trendy coffee shop in one of the spaces "matchstick coffee".
-The parkade winds up to the rood, and has a large empty parking area on the top of the building.
-Large basement [in the process of renovation]
-Little meditation room
-Currently a urban gardening start up on the parkade roof

The Area: Chinatown
-Trendy area; lots of public art, cool restaurants and coffee shops, clothing stores.
-Mix of low income and high income residents in the area [ghetto charm, lots of culture]
-Lots of new buildings going up in this area, they're trying to redevelop it as the next cool neighborhood

My ideas:
-Living wall/vertical garden on one side of the building [covering the panels below the windowless parts of the indoor parkade]
-thats pretty much it... haha... I was maybe thinking of some vintage phonebooths for in the hallways [lots of people on business calls outside their office, I think it'd be a cool little addition]

I really want a way to give this building some external WOW factor!

Any suggestion of things you thought were a cool idea or have seen for updating an older building?

Cheer guys!
Elifast no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Elifast

Likes (Received): 0

Enter at the end of Flickr :

photos/corvillegroup/sets/72157629736015121/

Photos
Elifast no está en línea   Reply With Quote