daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2018, 06:58 PM   #16581
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Neither Canada nor Denmark recognises any land border. They both just claim Hans Island completely, and a maritime border right beside its western shore (claimed by Denmark) or eastern shore (claimed by Canada).

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2018, 07:12 PM   #16582
Junkie
Supervisor

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by OulaL View Post
Neither Canada nor Denmark recognises any land border. They both just claim Hans Island completely, and a maritime border right beside its western shore (claimed by Denmark) or eastern shore (claimed by Canada).
Do you deny that Canada and Denmark are neighbours? There are no international waters between Danish Greenland and Canada, no matter the dispute of the small land border.

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
MK A AL B BiH BG HR CZ EST F FIN D GR H I LT MNE NL SRB SK SLO E TR PL RKS
Junkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2018, 08:15 PM   #16583
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

IIRC the Canada/Denmark border has a gap through Hans Island. They haven't decided on what to do with it.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 12:28 AM   #16584
OulaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Do you deny that Canada and Denmark are neighbours? There are no international waters between Danish Greenland and Canada, no matter the dispute of the small land border.
No. I even said in my previous post that they both claim a maritime border.
Old January 20th, 2018, 12:43 AM   #16585
Junkie
Supervisor

But Greenland is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark, so no Denmark as an autonomous country does not border Canada

The Western Balkans is already in Europe i.e., it is in the heart of Europe and all of these nations want and deserve to have the same chance,
the same security and the same rights as all other citizens of the European family, right on their own continent."

BEEN IN:
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:14 AM   #16586
OulaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
But Greenland is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark, so no Denmark as an autonomous country does not border Canada
Indeed, so let's say "Kingdom of Denmark" instead of Denmark.
Old January 20th, 2018, 06:53 PM   #16587
54°26′S 3°24′E

Likes (Received): 155

There is no such thing as "Denmark as an autonomous country" within the kingdom of Denmark, so Junkie's remark again makes no sense. The European part of Denmark has no "home rule" within the Kingdom of Denmark. Greenland has homerule, but foreign policy, defense, and border control is under the authority of Denmark. Greenland is represented in the parliament of Denmark.

For most of its history Greenland was btw part of Norway, but that changed when Norway split from Denmark in 1814. The now extinct Norse population in South Greenland predated the current mainly Inuit population.
Old January 20th, 2018, 07:58 PM   #16588
Junkie
Supervisor

As far as I know Greenland is not even part of the European Single Market. They opted out on their OWN.

BEEN IN:
Old January 20th, 2018, 08:22 PM   #16589
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Greenland and the Faroe Islands are both part of the Kingdom of Denmark, while yet counting as stand alone countries. Afaik international and military policy is done by Denmark. But they have the right to break from the kingdom if they wish. For now the overall majority doesn't. But your remark has nothing to do with this.

The same goes for the Channel Islands and the Island of Man, while being part of the UK, not part of the EU (taking Brexit aside).
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 09:21 PM   #16590
Junkie
Supervisor

Oh yes Greenland withdraw from EU in 1985. Not many knows this fact. I think you are one of them. And they asked for greater independence from Denmark.

BEEN IN:
Old January 20th, 2018, 09:29 PM   #16591
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Algeria (independence from France in 1962), Greenland (autonomy from Denmark in 1985) and the Caribbean island Saint Barthélemy (changed status within France in 2012) are the only territories that have left EEC/EU yet.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways