daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Low-Rise

Low-Rise projects with ten floors or less

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #301
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 2480

its normal in malaysia....small budget i guz....the next example pgcc...15 years in the making :p....

the parking lot will be a huge shopping mall.....the next midvalley i guz
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #302
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 3171

I would like to see there is travellator inside the mall to make the walk from KLS to the Monorail station to be faster....
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #303
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

as a finance student, I believe it is not just the budget factor (though this is one of the major)... but many other major factors...

and we dont have such wonderful economics like China and Dubai (or even less dynamic innercity economics compared to Singapore, Bangkok and Manila) lah... on average and in general it takes at least 8-48 months to really sell a block of condo around KL (of course some good ones take only few days)

even the documentation, S&P and CF (or somethg else now) take some time...

And remember our KL inner city population is very very small! (actually our population in Klang Valley is quite spread out) And our expatriates community is small too. Less people less demand less businesses less or shorter highrise homes less launches of highrise properties

btw i heard PGCC dev has been postponed... ... ... (even they want to build they might build one tower first... lol)

In Brisbane, most people want less highrise, some OK but cannot be high, condemms every new development, they want more gardens and parks. I'm disappointed!

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare

Last edited by patchay; December 18th, 2007 at 09:35 AM.
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #304
SEED

Likes (Received): 6

haha! these people r funny.. more parks? and then complain bout the drought.. not enuf water.. this and that.. some people over here just hate changes..
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #305
clarence

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK90 View Post
I would like to see there is travellator inside the mall to make the walk from KLS to the Monorail station to be faster....
i would prefer that they extend the monorail all the way inside the mall, rather than needing to go outside and then having to go up to the station again.

i'm still hopeful they will do the right thing...
clarence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #306
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast

Likes (Received): 813

Yes!Yes! its is

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums
Quote:
'Whenever I see Kuala Lumpur's skyline, it feels as if KL Tower & Petronas Towers are the King & Queen of the skyscrapers. The rest, their loyal subjects.'
Quote:
'You can marry 10, 20 times in your life, but you will only be called to the Bar once!'
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #307
ILM
Lawstudent,cityenthusiast

Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
its normal in malaysia....small budget i guz....the next example pgcc...15 years in the making :p....

the parking lot will be a huge shopping mall.....the next midvalley i guz
Hope construction will start soon...and hopefully it will become the next mid valley...not an ah beng shopping complex like prangin mall or the summit before the rebranding

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums
Quote:
'Whenever I see Kuala Lumpur's skyline, it feels as if KL Tower & Petronas Towers are the King & Queen of the skyscrapers. The rest, their loyal subjects.'
Quote:
'You can marry 10, 20 times in your life, but you will only be called to the Bar once!'
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 01:19 AM   #308
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Hmm... thought u were talking about our forumer travellator

- Regardless of race, language or religion, to build a democratic society, based on justice and equality, so as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:12 AM   #309
Greg

Likes (Received): 59

Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 04:35 PM   #310
Ethaniel83

Likes (Received): 729

nice to see the latest overall development plan for KL Sentral, thanks Greg...
Ethaniel83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 06:33 PM   #311
clarence

Likes (Received): 89

thanks greg... fantastic 'poster', if i could call it that.

question... the shopping is stated as 'development in progress'. am i missing something here? last i looked, the ground is still pretty quiet. if i'm mistaken, any info about it? i really believe they can start building the mall - the area lacks one. connection is great (it's kl sentral isn't it?). plus, monorail will be sort of connected indoor, finally!

don't really care about those office towers in the area. just too many of them. frankly, they are too clustered and with similar height. the whole place looks a little messy (especially the Lot J towers), without distinct landscape. more green lungs will be much appreciated.
clarence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:26 AM   #312
Ethaniel83

Likes (Received): 729

Taken 28-12-2007
Ethaniel83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:58 PM   #313
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11242

Just wonder that Lot J include with MRCB Corporate HQ also!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM   #314
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11242

Sooka sentral also in Lot J..
by zvileve

image hosted on flickr
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #315
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 2480

Quill Capita to manage assets worth RM750m

The CEO Interview
Stories by DANNY YAP

QUILL Capita Trust (QCT), a property trust that has been listed on Bursa Malaysia for a year, is going on an expansion trail that is projected to increase its portfolio of assets under management to at least RM750mil by year end.

QCT was listed on Jan 8, 2007, with four properties worth RM276mil under the Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). All the properties are located in Cyberjaya with a combined net lettable area of 493,118 sq ft.

The REIT's manager, Quill Capita Management Sdn Bhd (QCM), recently placed two more properties into the trust, making it six properties in its stable.

Wisma Technip is one of the latest properties acquired and placed into Quill Capita Trust
QCM chief executive officer Chan Say Yeong said the two new additions - Wisma Technip, and the retailing and car park portion of Plaza Mont' Kiara – were acquired for RM125mil and RM90mil respectively, hence expanding QCT's net lettable area to 799,547 sq ft (excluding car park area).

Wisma Technip is a 100% occupied office building with a net lettable area of 233,021 sq ft, while the commercial shops are leased to food and beverage and retail tenants.

The car park lots of Plaza Mont'Kiara have a net lettable area of 73,408 sq ft with a 94.9% occupancy. The sale and purchase agreements for both properties were signed on June 8, 2007.

Chan said a placement of 151.44 million new units in QCT was concluded on Sept 3, which raised RM226mil, thus allowing the two properties to be purchased quickly.

Funds from the exercise allowed QCT to lower its gearing from to 0.17 from 0.31 and also gave the option to borrow up to RM400mil from financial institutions, which is preferred over selling more shares to raise funds.

In Malaysia, REITs are restricted to a gearing of 50% under the Securities Commission's guidelines.

Chan said QCT's recent acquisition and injection of two properties was just the start of an accelerated expansion plan to place more properties into the trust.

“Within five months from the date of QCT's listing, we bought two more yield-accretive properties with high occupancy and long-term tenancies,” he said, adding that the acquisition was in line with QCM's strategy to achieve better geographical spread of properties across the country to reduce risk.

Chan said the acquisitions were also in line with QCM's growth strategy to double QCT's asset size to at least RM560mil by end-2007.

“We have achieved this target and the REIT's performance (in terms of share price and investment return) has not disappointed investors,” he said.

QCT's share price closed at RM1.30 last Friday, representing a 54.7% rise its initial public offering price of 84 sen.

“We are now poised to fast track the growth of the trust,” Chan said, adding that there were several properties either from Quill Group of Companies (Quill) and CapitaLand or third party transactions that could potentially be injected into the REIT in the near to medium term.

Quill and CapitaLand are both significant stakeholders of the trust. The latter is one the largest listed real estate companies in Asia headquartered in Singapore.

Chan said other properties from Quill which could potentially be injected into the trust in time were the office tower Lot J at KL Sentral (350,000 sq ft), HSBC headquarters near Masjid Jamek (100,000 sq ft) and an integrated development, Vision City, located at Jalan Sultan Ismail (comprising 300,000 sq ft office space and 700,000 sq ft retail space).

He said Quill also had other properties in Cyberjaya that could be placed into the REIT.

“There's one property project due for completion soon, and also an office building in Petaling Jaya's Section 13 and a logistic centre in Subang that could be sold to the trust,” said Chan.

He added that QCM would be offered the first right of refusal on the commercial properties from Quill.

Moreover, Chan said, QCT could rely on CapitaLand to support the growth of the trust as it had a stake in the REIT.

In March 2007, CapitaLand announced the establishment of the Malaysia Commercial Development Fund with a target fund size of US$270mil.

The objective of the fund was to enable institutional investors (who park their money into the fund) the opportunity to invest in the Malaysian real estate sector.

Some of the properties from CapitaLand that could potentially be placed into the Reit are One Mont' Kiara (170,000 sq ft office space and 250,000 sq ft retail space), a property project in Hartamas area (500,000 office space and retail) and several property projects in Petaling Jaya.

On acquiring overseas property to enhance the REIT, he said it was unlikely.

“We will stay focussed on Malaysian properties because of their attractive valuations and rental, compared with other Asean countries,” he said, adding that foreign investors generally preferred investing in REITS with real estate portfolios that were within a specific country.

On the portfolio of investors in QCT, Chan said: “The trust has an equal balance of foreign and local investors.”
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:09 AM   #316
TWK90
Infrastructure

Source : http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/cont...be180-4d3cee4f

22-01-2008: MRCB and PHHB to jointly develop KL Sentral land
by Chong Jin Hun
Email us your feedback at [email protected]

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Resources Corporation Bhd (MRCB) and Pelaburan Hartanah Bumiputera Berhad (PHBB) will jointly develop retail and office space in Kuala Lumpur Sentral's Lot G comprising two sites with a combined land area of 31,487 square miles.

Both MRCB and PHBB had on Jan 22 established a joint venture entity, Jewel Suprises Sdn Bhd, on a 51% and 49% equity basis respectively to build a retail complex with car park bays on the tracts belonging to Promising Quality Sdn Bhd (PQSB). PHHB wholly-owns PQSB.

"Jewel Suprises has on the same day entered into an agreement to lease with PQSB to lease the retail Complex and the car park bays associated with the retail complex for a term of 99 years," MRCB told Bursa Malaysia on Jan 22.

Meanwhile, MRCB Selborn Corporation Sdn Bhd — a 60% subsidiary of MRCB — had also entered into a turnkey development contract with PQSB yesterday to design and build a retail complex and office block on the tracts.

"The retail complex would complement the existing high end hotels, offices, and residential units as well as the recently opened retail lifestyle centre Sooka Sentral, MRCB said.

The value and duration of the entire project, however, was not mentioned.

MRCB said the jobs are not expected to have any material impact on its financial performance in the current year to Dec 31, 2008.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:57 AM   #317
haze

Likes (Received): 9

MRCB in joint venture to develop KL Sentral land

Published: 2008/01/22

MALAYSIAN Resources Corp Bhd (MRCB) and Pelaburan Hartanah Bumiputera Bhd (PHBB) have set up a joint-venture company, Jewel Surprises Sdn Bhd, to develop a retail complex and associated car park bays at Kuala Lumpur Sentral.

MRCB holds a 51 per cent stake in the joint venture, while PHBB owns the remainder.

The plot of land, known as Lot G, is owned by PHBB's wholly-owned subsidiary Promising Quality Sdn Bhd, which has entered into a lease agreement with Jewel Surprise to lease the retail complex and the car park bays for 99 years.

This venture allows both parties to pool their resources and expertise to develop an integrated retail and office complex of 1.5 million gross floor area.

"The retail complex would complement the existing high end hotels, offices and residentials as well as the recently opened retail lifestyle centre, Sooka Sentral," MRCB said in a statement to Bursa Malaysia yesterday.

The proposed retail complex is expected to add vibrancy to the overall development of Kuala Lumpur Sentral.

MRCB's 60 per cent owned subsidiary, MRCB Selborn Corporation Sdn Bhd, will be designing and constructing the retail shopping complex in Lot G.

This is not the two companies' first venture as both MRCB and PHBB tied up last December to set up Penang Sentral Sdn Bhd, to develop an integrated transportation hub in Penang Sentral.

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Cintai Bahasa & Budaya Kita
haze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM   #318
Greg

Wow, Lot G is that big car park. I wish they come up with a nice project such as Pavilion.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:38 AM   #319
TWK90
Infrastructure

Considering the Lot G shopping mall is a ride way from Mid Valley, KLCC and Bukit Bintang, i hope the shops in that mall could be different from these mall...
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:51 AM   #320
Greg

Quote:
Considering the Lot G shopping mall is a ride way from Mid Valley, KLCC and Bukit Bintang, i hope the shops in that mall could be different from these mall...
Absolutely agree. I don't think KL will digest another high end mall.
There are too many vendors located inside KL Sentral, selling all kind of stuff. I hope they move them to Lot G, when complete. All those stalls somehow distract from the beautiful architecture of KL Sentral.