search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Leeds Metro Area

Leeds Metro Area Leeds, Bradford and West Yorkshire

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 14th, 2017, 04:49 PM   #921
CityCentre89

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsLad View Post
Gallery or Museum surely are the only sustainable uses, or perhaps exhibition space. To draw numbers (and required funding) it'd have to be something National...

British Museum North anyone?
I've been to a boxing event & a few conferences at Ellen Road and each time wondered why Leeds didn't have anything to rival Manchester Central / Birmingham NCC as that place is too small.
CityCentre89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2017, 04:37 PM   #922
yorkshireriderleeds

Likes (Received): 177

There was a launch do last night for the "Holbeck Viaduct Project" Pre-feasibility report July 2017 at Old Chapel Studios, Holbeck. Some big hitters there, Transport for the North, LCC, Leeds Civic Trust and CEG amongst others. A lot of people wish to see this succeed.
Old July 25th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #923
cmj

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshireriderleeds View Post
There was a launch do last night for the "Holbeck Viaduct Project" Pre-feasibility report July 2017 at Old Chapel Studios, Holbeck. Some big hitters there, Transport for the North, LCC, Leeds Civic Trust and CEG amongst others. A lot of people wish to see this succeed.
Transforming an old railway viaduct into a walking route rather sums up "Transport for the North".

Carl Shutt liked this post
cmj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #924
cnosni
Random curmudgeon

Likes (Received): 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
Transforming an old railway viaduct into a walking route rather sums up "Transport for the North".
Network Rail have stated they wish to keep the viaduct as an option for future improvements to the west end
cnosni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #925
Carl Shutt
Carl Shutt ruined my life

Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshireriderleeds View Post

There's a piece in the YEP about it here.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...tage-1-8668698

Have NR given any sort of indication as to the time frame if they were to reuse the viaduct? Or are they just holding on to it just in case?
Carl Shutt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 03:57 PM   #926
cnosni
Random curmudgeon

Likes (Received): 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Shutt View Post
There's a piece in the YEP about it here.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...tage-1-8668698

Have NR given any sort of indication as to the time frame if they were to reuse the viaduct? Or are they just holding on to it just in case?
Not there didn't but I suspect it may become more clear if snd when the new designs for the station come to light.

If,and that's a big if,HS3 does happen then some relief at the west end is going to be required and I would imagine that will be one of the options available to them.
cnosni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #927
Leeds No.1

Likes (Received): 1697

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40921373

London's Garden Bridge has been officially cancelled. I never quite understood why the project had to be in London in the first place, which gets me thinking that something similar (albeit on a smaller scale with our narrower river) could be achieved in Leeds with the proposed bridge between Sovereign Square and the South Bank Park.

Yorkshire Boy liked this post
Leeds No.1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #928
Leeds No.1

Likes (Received): 1697

AQL are opening a microbrewery: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...oved-1-8819759