daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #4381
dengilo

Likes (Received): 1514

Nothing is impossible!I like the idea for future expansion!Only if they had the foresight to prepare the tunnels underneath the present tarmacs.Super efficient people movers would do the magic not that stupid skybridge!In-fact the land that they cleared to back fill the present KLIA2 main terminal site its even better shape and suitable to be build on.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 7th, 2016, 02:31 AM   #4382
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1476

Hahaha.....thanks!

Anyway a people's mover could always be present inside the skybridges.

I would think that skybridges would be cheaper to be built plus it is a visual candy for everyone. Tunnels are good but since they've already had the skybridge currently.....how to linked the other two piers when the other two are underground? I think the gradient to descend would be too great

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
Hahaha......to those without clue what my idea is about.....I've done some editing to one of the pic above to crudely show my idea:

23985181785_89ebb3c612_h copy by szehoong, on Flickr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:45 AM   #4383
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 236

The skybridge serve no purpose other than bragging rights or eye candy as szehoong said as it limits access to widebody tall aircraft like a330.

On current skybridge passing for narrow body aircraft below, two aircraft can concurrently cross but with widebody aircraft can only pass one at a time and i'm not sure of their tailfin will pass the skybridge.

APM system underground makes more sense. Whatever it is, i hope they wont replicate another KLIA2 elsewhere. If they really want to plan an expansion a clean sheet design is needed because KLIA2 was seriously ****ed up, a rushed job (said this many times already) and not user friendly.
Old January 7th, 2016, 08:07 PM   #4384
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
Hahaha......to those without clue what my idea is about.....I've done some editing to one of the pic above to crudely show my idea:

23985181785_89ebb3c612_h copy by szehoong, on Flickr
Considering klia2 terminal is kinda small, its half the size of other terminal with 50 mil pax. I don't think it can support it.

But add in a check in and processing terminal in front of it ( the empty space currently occupied by parking and tune hotel) like HKIA terminal 2 with underground transit system to the 2 new islands pier. They can marketed it for slightly premium LCC while current KLIA2 is a rock bottom super cheapo facilities.

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday

szehoong liked this post
daeng_jal está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 03:33 AM   #4385
adax66

Likes (Received): 29

Nice idea.
adax66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 05:01 AM   #4386
johan is

Likes (Received): 598

sooner or later klia2 terminal must be upgraded since passengers movement are getting higher day by day.. but what is the best way?
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:55 AM   #4387
nazrey

Likes (Received): 4972

http://mahaguru58.blogspot.com/2015/...-low-fare.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- |
|
|
|
|
|

Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2016, 05:52 PM   #4388
ddes

Likes (Received): 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan is View Post
sooner or later klia2 terminal must be upgraded since passengers movement are getting higher day by day.. but what is the best way?
They can start by...

1. Accelerating the check-in processing, especially for international flights. I don't understand how come AirAsia has dedicated counters for online check-in, Red Carpet Treatment in Changi while it makes every single passenger queue in a combined line in KLIA2.

2. Security after immigration is pointless especially when there are more stringent security for every pier.

3. Open up gate holding room areas. If the gate agents aren't going to enforce checks on entry and exit, why bother? Passengers end up sashaying in and out, and passengers who are waiting for the next flight end up standing about.

4. Move all international flights to the satellite, especially now that most AirAsia flights have a high degree of connections.

daeng_jal, triple-j liked this post
ddes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2016, 04:44 AM   #4389
LeeighIam

Likes (Received): 108

need more landscaping … ain't it supposed to be airport in the forest? barely any treats … so barren.

szehoong, dengilo liked this post
LeeighIam no está en línea   Reply With Quote