daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1
arundinil
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Kochi Fashion & Lifestyle

A forum for discussing the lifestyle of vibrant city of Kochi. Please post pictures, reviews and news of restaurants, pubs, fairs and all other matters that relate to changing lifestyle of the metro city...........
arundinil no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:27 AM   #2
arundinil
BANNED

Spice Route Restaurant- Arabs meet Indians

For last one year, a silent revolution happened in restaurant sector of Kochi, targeting upper middle class and upper class guests. Nearly 5 to 6 stylish restaurants opened in the city, offering a new dimension for lavish treats and dining.

The latest to open was Spice Route restaurant in Oberon Mall, slated to be one of the opulent restaurant in the city, offering traditional cuisines of ancient spice route cultures. The restaurant spread over 4000 sqft, offers rich traditional Indo-Arab food with spot grilling and barbecue cafe. Promoted by Masterchef Anil Kumar, the restaurant offers lavish buffets for lunch and dinner.

The restaurant is designed with traditional Arab architecture fused with Malayalee and Rajasthani arches and decor, the restaurant is a prefect places for business luncheons and family dinners.

The daily sumptuous Lunch buffet with more than 30 spreads and other dishes is offered at Rs 350/- and lavish dinners at Rs 470/-

http://www.manoramanews.com/cgi-bin/...tentId=7753241

Thanks
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #3
arundinil
BANNED

A heritage structure, lost in memories..........

Have anybody heard or seen a prestigious buliding like this before?

This the world's only surviving Building constructed by Dutch East India Company in the world.

This 350 year olf bungalow once reflected the might of Dutch Empire with offices and imperial residences of Dutch Army Commanders

This large bungalow was one of the places, where one of the greatest Botanical record Hortus Malabaricus were prepared.

Know this place?

Friends, I am not telling about any structure in Netherlands or Holland. This 350 year old historical monument lies in the heart of Kerala's own little Lisbon- The Fort Kochi, which was once the jewel of Dutch Imperial Crown

Friends- may I introduce David Hall, a living lost monument and legacy of Dutch history forgotten in pages of History, revived now to its back erstwhile glory and prestige.

Today the property belongs to Government of Netherlands maintained thro' its Overseas agency- CNO, now leased to Cochin's own leading hospitality chain- CGH Earth.

Today this large bungalow is a Dutch Centre where regular western performances are performed, a large art gallery, a traditional Dutch cafe and museum showcasing memorabilia that once associated with the Mighty Dutch Empire.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

An Article in Hindu

Sure-footed Time has taken its toll on much of Fort Kochi, altering it, except for a few landmarks that remain. David Hall retains its old world character. Here it seems Time walked out roaming carelessly around only to knock on its door recently. T he restored and renovated David Hall has opened as a cultural centre and an art gallery, with a chic, alfresco cafeteria and an art residence as part of its new face.

Makeover

The makeover by its present keepers, CghEarth hotel, who has taken it on lease from CNO India (Foundation for the cultural history of Netherlands Overseas) has been gentle and in line with its historicity.

Prof. R. Ramaswamy of TKM Engineering College, who has been associated with its restoration since 1990 (before it changed hands), is happy that the process is complete. “Any old building cannot survive without functioning. Finally in its new avatar this 300-year-old Dutch building will survive. It will be transferred to the next generation.”

And the new generation will get this legacy with its characteristic features intact. “We have strictly adhered to the Dutch typology while restoring the structure,” he said. Mridula Jose, interior architect explains the guidelines the team placed before themselves in this huge task.

“We wanted the building to be an exhibit on its own, besides the fact that it will be a canvas to showcase art and culture.” Former mayor and Councillor K.J. Sohan who was the custodian of the building till it got its present owners has some interesting facts about the place. Built in typical Dutch architecture, Sohan says that the wooden roof is made of flat face rafters as opposed to Kerala architecture where they stand vertical. These horizontal rafters result in a sag in the wood, which is supported by trusses across them. The restoration has exposed this wonderful old –Dutch style of construction and the roof is a showpiece by itself.

“The shape of the roof is like an upturned hull, which is a Dutch feature. We have removed the false ceilings and applied a protective coating of oil to protect the wood,” says Mridula

The new inserts like lighting, display and furniture are contemporary. The modern lighting highlights the drama of the rafters and the beams, the elegance and strength of wood. The wall, three feet wide in some places, and the four column windows are other Danish features. A historical curiosity arises form the single row of exposed yellow bricks on the front veranda.

Sohan explains the historical evidence: “They are natural stone that was brought from Europe as ballast in the ships! Many structures of the same period, in Fort Vypeen and Fort Kochi have these stones.” An expansive garden courtyard with its old trees has seating around them and the café, which will serve healthy gourmet food.

As the Hall was associated with the well-known Dutch commander Hendrik Adriaan Van Reede Tot Drakestein who is known for his ‘Hortus Malabaricus’, a book on the flora of Malabar Coast, there are plans afoot to grow those very plants there.

Jose Dominic, CEO cgh who ideated the concept approaches it as a centre to enjoy our historical legacy.

“We have done a contemporary adaptation of this historic space. It will be a gallery of art, craft of diverse communities of India and performing art centre of lesser and little known arts.”

Its formal inauguration done by the Dutch Ambassador and Minister of Culture on April 23rd 2009 and it threw open this ‘Ancient Dutch’ treasure the wheels of history once again turn in a new direction taking the vicissitudes of David Hall to a new tomorrow. And then Time would start afresh!
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #4
arundinil
BANNED

Review:- Spice Route Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundinil View Post
For last one year, a silent revolution happened in restaurant sector of Kochi, targeting upper middle class and upper class guests. Nearly 5 to 6 stylish restaurants opened in the city, offering a new dimension for lavish treats and dining.

The latest to open was Spice Route restaurant in Oberon Mall, slated to be one of the opulent restaurant in the city, offering traditional cuisines of ancient spice route cultures. The restaurant spread over 4000 sqft, offers rich traditional Indo-Arab food with spot grilling and barbecue cafe. Promoted by Masterchef Anil Kumar, the restaurant offers lavish buffets for lunch and dinner.
Woww, I visited the restaurant yesterday. It was literary crowded with no space to sit at all. I waited for 1/2 hour to get a seat. I think it was my first experience in any Kerala Restaurant.

The design was gorgeous and ideal for romantic dinners, provided the crowdy noise gets reduced. Perhaps on other days it may be not much crowded as yesterday was a holiday.

Food is really tasty and more good as it as an Star hotel appeal in presentation. I really liked it. Infact Masterchef Anil himself was present among the guests, seeking their opinions. A good initiative at all.

However the restaurant is slightly costly, unless you opt for buffet. Buffets are bit heavy for me. So I paid almost twice, to get my favourites in limited quantities.

I think, may be to control crowd, in today's newspaper ads of Spice Route restaurants are out, asking public to make advance seat booking for Buffet Dinners at 0484-4000040.

Thanks
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM   #5
arundinil
BANNED

Kochi will have a ballet dance school soon.

She is as complex and captivating a dancer as her lengthy name, and her dance moves will make you sit back and take note. Cecile Berrebi de Noailles from Paris was in the city recently for a dance workshop at the Daazlers Dance Studio on Ponneth Temple Road, Kadavanthra. The director and professor of contemporary choreographic workshops of dance and an active choreographer of Agora company, her life is dedicated to dance. “This is my second visit to Kerala and I would love to associate with the people here,” says the 43-year-old dancer who hardly looks her age. Cecile started learning ballet when she was five years old under Opera de Paris. She continued with her dance lessons into her teenage.

“I started learning contemporary dance when I was 17 and performed solo at the age of 21,” she says. Cecile who has choreographed almost 43 dance sequences of one-hour duration says she takes inspiration from everywhere, including paintings. “Contemporary dance is totally different from classical ballet as it portrays the evolution of the body, and is all about the freedom of thought process,” says Cecile.

Cecile loves to travel and she takes her dance all over the world. She also tries to learn new art forms during her journeys. “I have been to Japan and the US and have tried to imbibe their cultures as well,” says Cecile. During her first visit to Kochi she enrolled at the Dharani School to learn mohiniyattom and bharatanatyam. She even tried to master Carnatic music. “I wanted to introduce myself to Indian classical dance forms and found them extremely fascinating as well as complicated.” Cecile says she found them tough to master within a short span of time. “The dance forms here are entirely different and I could not adapt them to my dance choreography,” she says.
This international soloist dance’s mission in Kerala is to initiate a new thought process towards dance and implement different ideas on contemporary dance. Her two-hour dance class at the Daazlers was attended by a mixed group of dance lovers and dancers. There were classical and modern dancers and also yoga artists for the programme. She started with some stretching and breathing exercises, mostly adapted from the classical ballet moves. In the second half she taught the class a few contemporary dance moves. The two-hour dance session ended with relaxing warming down stretches. “I got a good response and I simply loved working with the group,” said Cecile at the end of the session. For all those who attended the class it was a big inspiration as it was an opportunity for them to learn contemporary dance with a touch of classical ballet.

“It was very useful for all those who attended it,” said Sreejith P, director of Daazlers Dance Studio who attended Cecile’s class. The Daazlers with Sanchara Dance Company is collaborating with the Parisian to introduce a new-age dance through different projects in Kerala. “Contemporary dance is yet to catch up here and modern dance as such is widely misinterpreted,” says Sreejith. “A dance sequence should be portrayed through body movements and not by using properties as seen in dance reality shows,” says Sreejith whose mission is to promote contemporary dance in its true form. Cecile’s plan is to spend six months in Kerala and six months in Europe. “Ballet is new to this part of the country. I want to start dance classes here so that people will get a chance to experience this classical dance form in all its splendour,” she says.

She hopes there will be many takers here for classical ballet. The city will witness her performance with Daazlers, as a dance event has already been organised in the coming months. So, if all goes as planned, Kochi will have a ballet dance school to its credit soon.

Source:- http://expressbuzz.com/states/kerala...le/202545.html
Old September 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM   #6
arundinil
BANNED

Sreesanth's Butter Chicken.....

If cricket is not making its lady luck smile to Sreesanth, surely hotel business will do a big smile for him

Sreesanth's latest venture S36 is now open in Kochi. S36, part of Sree's own Muzicaffe has opened its first Mughal theme restaurant called S36 Mughali in Bat&Ball Inn near Foreshore Road. Bat & Ball Inn is joint venture of Robin Uthappa, S Sree Santh and J.K.Mahendra having branches in Bangalore and Hyderabad.

S 36 is the latest venture of Sreesanth in restaurant business. This time he decide to try desi flavour and chose Mughali.

The restaurant is well maintain and can seat upto 30 people at a time. The restaurant of-course upscale and well maintained

It has 2 areas, an indoor area where its very cosy. The outdoor area is open, spacious area with live grills and barbecue corner for evenings. It also has a ghazal platform where regular performances takes place after 7:30 pm

The food is quite good, tasty, though very limited. The presentation is almost equal for a star hotel. However selection remains to a few popular traditional items. The restaurant has good chaat corner and excellent juice selection, some even desi styles

Ideal for romantic dinner and corporate power lunches.

Thanks
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:19 AM   #7
induzcreed
Tat Tvam Asi!!

Likes (Received): 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundinil View Post
If cricket is not making its lady luck smile to Sreesanth, surely hotel business will do a big smile for him

Sreesanth's latest venture S36 is now open in Kochi. S36, part of Sree's own Muzicaffe has opened its first Mughal theme restaurant called S36 Mughali in Bat&Ball Inn near Foreshore Road. Bat & Ball Inn is joint venture of Robin Uthappa, S Sree Santh and J.K.Mahendra having branches in Bangalore and Hyderabad.

S 36 is the latest venture of Sreesanth in restaurant business. This time he decide to try desi flavour and chose Mughali.

The restaurant is well maintain and can seat upto 30 people at a time. The restaurant of-course upscale and well maintained

It has 2 areas, an indoor area where its very cosy. The outdoor area is open, spacious area with live grills and barbecue corner for evenings. It also has a ghazal platform where regular performances takes place after 7:30 pm

The food is quite good, tasty, though very limited. The presentation is almost equal for a star hotel. However selection remains to a few popular traditional items. The restaurant has good chaat corner and excellent juice selection, some even desi styles

Ideal for romantic dinner and corporate power lunches.

Thanks
Personally I like the ambiance of Bat & Ball Inn. It is cozy and warm with elegant bed rooms, economical while almost like a home stay facility with only 5 rooms. I remember one Suit is named after Sir Viv Richards. We are one among the corporate customers for Bat & Ball Inn along with LG, ITC and others. The only restaurant serves chinese & North Indian dishes.
I had seen almost all the cricketers, film fraternities and celebrities name and their ravishing comments in the visitors / guest note book.
It is heard that a new group has taken over the management of the hotel from JK mahindra. And the garden restaurant also has renovated and named S32.
Cheers to Sreeshant, Robin & JK
Old September 5th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #8
arundinil
BANNED

Barcadi Megamix- Kochi

Make your way for India's biggest DJ Party, In Kerala only in Kochi on Sept 18th-19th, 2010

At AVA Lounge- Dreams Hotel, Kochi
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #9
arundinil
BANNED

Kochi's baking days.........

Another modern Cafe and Bakery now opened in Kochi. Bake My Days, a leading Confenctionaist and Bakery brand operating in Kochi, opened its second outlet in posh Jawahar Nagar in Kadavanathara

The new bakery has a good cafe, along with a variety of premium cakes and Indian sweets. In addition, a small roastery and Delicatessen is also opened along with it.

The chain also plans to open 2 more outlets soon, one in Gold Souk Mall and another in MG Road soon.

Unlike other cafe chains, BakeMyDays offers most of its products are lower rates and offers a quite hang-out in price-conscious Kochi youths.

Thanks
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #10
e_arunsid
sid

Likes (Received): 173

Spice Route @ Oberon

Old September 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #11
e_arunsid
sid

Ramada Cochin

Just 45 minutes from Kochi International Airport, Ramada Lake Resort and Spa is an exclusive 5 star deluxe resort. 8 acres of secluded waterfront land.

http://www.ramadacochin.com/

Old September 16th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #12
jayshanker007

Likes (Received): 0

Kochivibe got an exclusive sneak preview of the Ramada’s new club Qube or Club 1100. The club looks real hip and the lights and sound are mind blowing. Definitely a party spot, its just amazing. As you can see, its a sight for sore eyes, the lasers and smokes and the LEDs just makes you feel as though you stepped into a different world altogether. So Kochi gets another neat place to party at, enjoy the pics in kochivibe, we will have more updates coming up.
jayshanker007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #13
e_arunsid
sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshanker007 View Post
Kochivibe got an exclusive sneak preview of the Ramada’s new club Qube or Club 1100. The club looks real hip and the lights and sound are mind blowing. Definitely a party spot, its just amazing. As you can see, its a sight for sore eyes, the lasers and smokes and the LEDs just makes you feel as though you stepped into a different world altogether. So Kochi gets another neat place to party at, enjoy the pics in kochivibe, we will have more updates coming up.
QUBE luks kewl...
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #14
Naseef
BANNED

Preparations on for Kochi marathon
Quote:
Preparations are in full swing for the Heartmiles Kochi Marathon, organised by the Lions International with the support of the district administration, to be held on September 26.

The Navy, the Kerala Police, the District Sports Council, and various corporate giants in the city are also participating.

Registration for the marathon is free.

Two hotline numbers – 0484-3089966/68 – are available for registration. Besides, registration can also be done through the website www.thekochimarathon.com. Registration forms are also available at the following points – Penta Menaka, Oberon Mall, KFC, Bay Pride Mall, Coffee Bean, K.R. Bakes, and Royal Food Court and Madapparambil Gym, Aluva.

The distance to be covered in the marathon has been revised.

The distance of the half marathon will be 21 km. Altogether, there will be nine categories in the marathon.

College and school students or corporates will have to take part as a team.

To register the team, they may contact the event manager Y Brand or the two hotline numbers. More details can be had from the website.
Guys, be part of the states biggest Marathon....
The Hindu
Naseef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #15
Naseef
BANNED

International models to participate in fashion show at Kochi
Quote:
Its raining fashion here as two back-to-back style extravaganzas are slated to take place in the city next month.While international models including Tamara Moss, Carol Gracias and Bruna Abdulla will walk the ramp on November 21 to unveil the Hari Anand and Patti Strein 2011 collection, a model hunt on the other hand will come up with new promising faces for the fashion industry.Designer Anand's show is being organised by Studio E, the corporate brand of BNQ Event Management private ltd, in association with Fashion TV at the KTDC Hotel at nearby Bolghatty.The show would be choreographed and televised by FTV, Anand told reporters here.'Les Mannequins 2010', a South Indian hunt for up and coming models will be held here on November 6.Six winners - three men and three would be given a chance to walk the ramp with Fashion TV models participating in the collection."The auditions will be held on Oct 16, 20 and 24 at Kochi, Chennai and Bangalore respectively," Hari Anand said.This will be followed by a preliminary round and four days of grooming sessions coordinated by Datu, a well known fashion choreographer from Chennai.Twenty finalists would be provided individual portfolios in print and prizes worth Rs three lakhs, while winners would get a one year brand endorsement agreement with Chennai Silks.
ibn live
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Naseef
BANNED

Italian food fest at Le Meridien - Kochi / Cochin

Quote:
We gave you the buzz on the Italian food fest that started on the 15th at Le Meridien, the ‘Festa Italiana’. We got to check the fest firsthand ourselves yesterday. The fest at the Treasure Trove restaurant and the Italian ‘air’ can be seen as you reach the entrance. The whole placed is decked in the Venetian sort of style and the bright colors that do relate to Italy. The staff is similarly attired, friendly and warm. The spread looked impressive on a quick look over; we were greeted by the captain of the restaurant and offered Italian country bread with some pesto sauce, a light gentle start to ‘our’ Italian Fest. The buffet also offers beverages from beer to wines, red or white and the assorted juices or aerated drinks.
Cold meats

Cold meats

We checked out the Classical Minestrone Soup with pesto, the flavors of the herbs were gentle and it was just delightful. What’s wonderful about the subtle flavors of the herbs which can really make a difference to a dish. We checked out the assorted breads which had some interesting candidates like the pita bread, basil pesto bread, soft herb rolls, to be short, there were quite a few . To go along with the breads were a nice set of cheeses. We took our time enjoying the varied tastes of the breads and cheeses over a glass of red wine.
Our next step took us to the cold meats and salads section. You have your usual salad-material, lettuces, balsamic vinegar, olives, olive oil, zucchinis and a lot more of the green. What interested us more was the set of cold cuts, which did look pretty good and tasked likewise.
Assorted Breads

Assorted Breads

Over to the main course area, they had dishes that were already cooked and set, and then they had live stations. The live stations churned out food to-order. From a seafood station to a pasta and pizza station, it took us a while to decide on what to try out. On the main course section, we tried out the Grilled Beef with rosemary and red wine sauce. The meat was finely cooked, tender and properly done on the outside, tender and pink in the inside. That was indeed a fine sight, the meat was delightful, with the rosemary flavor being a little on the heavy side, but it being rosemary, who can complain. There was a chicken and a veal dish that tasted quite good too, cooked with tomato and white sauces, the main course had quite a good feel to it. There some side dishes like the wild mushroom fritters and roasted potatoes with Italian red onions which went well with the main course. italian food fest 023 (Large)
We were very lucky to get a plate of the grilled seafood, which had salt crusted Sea Bass with fennel and lemon salsa and calamari’s. The Bass was the dish that stood out, it was juicy, it was crispy, it was subtle, it oozed gentle flavors and it was succulent. That was the highlight for us, five stars for that dish, it was perfect!
We tried out their pastas which was again a lot, they had sauces from alfredo, carbonara, arrabbiata, mixed seafood sauces and many more. What interested us over the pastas they had was the two that was house made, Gnocchi and Tagliatelle, it added a nice authentic touch to the whole fest.

With the main course done with it was the Dolci ( sweets in Italian ) that we eyed. The dessert section was beautifully set up, there was an arrangement with resembled a tree on which Pannacotta’s were placed. The whole place looked quite nice and being the dessert section, it even intrigued us further. So with no further adieu, we tried out the different sweet savories. The Chocolate Pannacotta was heavenly. There were other like Kiwi, berry, they were also nice, but to me the Chocolate really stood out. And as I hoped they had Tiramisu and it was a welcome addition to the marvelous meal we had.
Heavenly

Heavenly

A good meal should always be topped off with coffee or tea and they brought us fresh cups of the same, as we sat back and looked back on the meal we had, I can say it was quite good. Service was very good, with the staff being very friendly and prompt on bringing you with anything that is required. The whole ambiance was nice and well toned, the spread was nice and varied, authentic to the feel. As a whole on the Italian Fest, is where you can take your family, your date, your friends or yourself for a nice dinner over a nice glass of wine ( or without), it is quite worth it to try out.
Kochi Vibe

Last edited by Naseef; October 18th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #17
Naseef
BANNED

Hairomax Miss South India 2010: Awesome foursome
Quote:
Four finalists have been selected from Kerala for The Hairomax Miss South India 2010 contest, the auditions of which were held at Hotel Wyte Fort, Kochi. The four finalists are: Aiswarya Muraleedharan, Geethu Christy, Priyanka Mohan and Denita Anand. The finals, in which four contestants each from the four South Indian states will participate, will be held at the Le Meridien Convention Centre, Kochi on November 6. The auditions were judged by anchor and model Ranjini Haridas, Miss Andhra Pradesh Valentina Mishra among others.

The grooming sessions for the contestants will have sessions on yoga, meditation, personality development, catwalk, beauty tips, photo shoot, talent search etc, sponsored by Pegasus, the organisers.

The final three-and-a-half-hour long event will have four sequences and cultural extravaganzas. Among the judges are actors Swetha Vijay, Aditi Chibber, model Simer Mottiani and media personalities Vijay Babu and Thoshma Biju. The winners will get a gold plated crown designed by Prakash Parakkat. The title winner will win ` 1 lakh while the first and second runners up will win ` 50,000 and ` 25,000 each respectively.

Apart from the title winners, the other subtitles to be won are Miss Beautiful Hair, Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Beautiful Skin, Miss Beautiful Face, Miss Beautiful Eyes etc.

This year the organisers have decided to bear the expenses of the heart surgery of two children at Sunrise Hospital.
Express Buzz.com
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #18
Naseef
BANNED

Lokah - awesome cafe

Lokah Restaurant & Cafe’,

NH 47, Bypass
Next to Mitra Super Market
Cochin,India, 682019

Dial: +91 484 4033220 | 4033221

Courtesy: Kochigallan
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #19
e_arunsid
sid

Lokah indeed is an awesome restaurant...
Old November 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #20
induzcreed
Tat Tvam Asi!!

Likes (Received): 832

Navy Fest begins !

The Navy Fest, the annual fair associated with Navy Day celebrations began at the Naval base here Thursday with Vice Admiral K N Sushil, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief Southern Naval Command inaugurating the event.

The fair, which opened at 11am, attracted good crowd despite the inclement weather, a Naval press release said. It will conclude on Nov 28 would be open to visitors on all days.

The exhibition consists of several stalls of models of military hardware. The models of ships and aircraft, Cut models of diesel engines, aircraft seats, working models of dry dock operations, missiles, torpedoes have also been displayed.

This year in addition to naval exhibits, commercial stalls, amusement rides and food stalls, an exhibition of Press Photographs under the auspices of the Ernakulam Press Club, will also be an attraction. There are about 75 commercial stalls. The visitors would be allowed to visit the warships and Aircraft of the Indian Navy.

Source:http://english.manoramaonline.com/cg...5030&[email protected]@@