daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Western Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 3rd, 2017, 03:40 AM   #5981
Skyline Art
Hello World.

Likes (Received): 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd gen 7 View Post
hahaha I can confirm that as well
This one?

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/st...capId=98779040

Their website doesn't even open here in aust:

http://www.gargantuan.co.kr/

I assume they are a dodgy company. I assume only as that anorexia used the word bloody in there...

EDIT::
I see why now. Wayback Machine has a time line and there was a lot of activity from late 2003 to early 2007 then nothing until late 2015 and early 2016.

The website is in KR so i cannot read it. Maybe they went live again in 2015 for the Joondalup then shut shop again!!!????

SOURCE: http://web.archive.org/web/200504010...gantuan.co.kr/
Skyline Art no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2017, 04:06 AM   #5982
Bulbous

Likes (Received): 153

Good lord.......

Bloody Gargantuan Company
Old February 4th, 2017, 05:27 AM   #5983
Skyline Art
Hello World.

Likes (Received): 1251

Oh i see the joke now.
Disclaimer:Views expressed in my comments/ thread replies may be subject to light hearted humour or silly small talk. If I put a ;) in my post it means you should not take my post too seriously. Skyart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
Sometimes I don't know if you boys are being serious or not.
Skyline Art no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:47 AM   #5984
PB-86

Likes (Received): 4

Anyone here have info on apartment called Quay House in Port Coogee?
PB-86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:26 AM   #5985
Huzzman

Likes (Received): 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-86 View Post
Anyone here have info on apartment called Quay House in Port Coogee?
Come in ANORAXIA, Over

Huzzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #5986
buddha3211
Conform Or Be Cast Out

Likes (Received): 2511

238-246 Oxford Street, Leederville, WA, 6007
DEMOLITION OF EXISTING BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTION OF A SIX STOREY MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING OF TWO (2) EATING HOUSES, FIVE (5) OFFICES, SIXTY-NINE (69) MULTIPLE DWELLINGS AND BASEMENT CAR PARKING - DEVELOPMENT ASSESSMENT PANEL DETERMINATION

Scraperfan, dallas, Skyline Art liked this post
buddha3211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #5987
anoraxia
Crane spotter

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzman View Post
Come in ANORAXIA, Over

you raannngggg?

quay house should be awarded next week if the developer is to be believed (but their track record on estimating timeframes is bad). will let youse know.
anoraxia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #5988
jackso

Likes (Received): 2332

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha3211 View Post
238-246 Oxford Street, Leederville, WA, 6007
DEMOLITION OF EXISTING BUILDINGS AND CONSTRUCTION OF A SIX STOREY MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT COMPRISING OF TWO (2) EATING HOUSES, FIVE (5) OFFICES, SIXTY-NINE (69) MULTIPLE DWELLINGS AND BASEMENT CAR PARKING - DEVELOPMENT ASSESSMENT PANEL DETERMINATION

The car yard was vacated about 2 weeks ago

Skyline Art liked this post
jackso está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #5989
PB-86

Please do thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoraxia View Post
you raannngggg?

quay house should be awarded next week if the developer is to be believed (but their track record on estimating timeframes is bad). will let youse know.
Old February 12th, 2017, 08:01 AM   #5990
HighgateJohnny

Likes (Received): 1615

Bunnings Warehouse outlet in Morley to close with Bunnings likely to take over former Masters stores in Bayswater. Bunnings Morley is in Russell Street opposite Galleria and a probably residential site, although adjacent to a Watercorp lake.

It was easy to get to by bus, either #60 up Walter Rd or 950 up Beaufort. Better range than inglewood store which is on prime residential site.

Bunnings has received local council approval to modify four of the nine former Masters sites in Baldivis, Landsdale, Bayswater and Mandurah in Western Australia, according to media reports.

In late January, the City of Rockingham approved a planning application lodged by Bunnings to modify the former Baldivis Masters store on Safety Bay Road. Works at the site are expected to commence this month.

Meanwhile, further north, the City of Bayswater granted planning approval for its Bayswater Masters site to be transformed into a Bunnings Warehouse in December. The City of Wanneroo also granted approval to Bunnings to fit out its old Masters store in Landsdale with works expected to be completed in 2018.

Finally, the City of Mandurah has approved its Masters building to be modified, which local WA media understands will also be turned into a Bunnings Warehouse. The suburb’s current Bunnings has reportedly been touted to be converted into a residential development.

source http://www.applianceretailer.com.au/.../#.WJ_5mvl94dU

andy61 liked this post
HighgateJohnny está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #5991
jonwil

Likes (Received): 874

I wonder if Bunnings is going to take over other Masters locations elsewhere in Oz... (the Masters in Upper Coomera seems like a perfect fit for a Bunnings IMO)
jonwil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 01:36 AM   #5992
PB-86

Did this end up happening this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoraxia View Post
you raannngggg?

Old February 17th, 2017, 02:18 PM   #5993
BartBart
In the sweetspot

Likes (Received): 2767

Very local issue with main protesters people with houses backing on to John K Lyons Oval (Aussie Rules posts are always up) in Doubleview. It has just been fenced off & got a pamphlet in the letterbox regarding a protest on Sunday.

It is to with the planned school shuffle where City Beach High School reopens, the Japanese School moves into the old Doubleview Primary which gets a new school built on the oval next door.

To be honest I have lived a few blocks away for 15 years and have rarely seen anyone using it. Not sure if that is different during working hours from Monday-Friday. I get the feeling that it is mainly people trying to protect their view as Bennett Park is a very short walk away and there is still another oval next to John K Lyon Oval. (Same size but smaller area useable for active use with soccer posts and more trees.
Old February 18th, 2017, 07:28 AM   #5994
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayli55 View Post
Was at a community information evening last night about the new Meltham Structure Plan and thought I would share. The sentiment seemed mixed, but overall positive - but as always the vocal minority were making the most noise. One guy was standing out the front handing out 'NO' flyers - and some of his points were laughable, one being we will lose the afternoon sea breeze.. (will upload later)

<My post count is too low to add the link and images, but URL is engage.bayswater.wa.gov.au/meltham-station-precinct-structure-plan>
Greg Smith (has a long history) or Simon Travaglini who wants the whole of Bayswater to share the increase in density.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:22 AM   #5995
Huzzman

Likes (Received): 410

Residents in legal threat against ‘defective’ Wave Park plan in Melville

City of Melville residents are threatening to take their fight against a $25 million wave park to the Supreme Court if the council approves the project tomorrow.

A group of ratepayers stepped up their protest against the riverside project proposal last week after seeking advice from law firm Lavan Legal.

In a letter sent to the council, lawyers claim the business plan is “manifestly defective” and approval of the project would be invalid.

City of Melville officers have recommended councillors grant a lease to Wave Park Group for the Alfred Cove site when they meet tomorrow.

Councillors have been told the proposal is unique and transformative and would provide significant financial return. A council spokeswoman said the letter had been carefully considered and there was no valid reason to delay the decision.

Resident David Maynier said the area was inappropriate for an artificial wave park because of environmental risks.

“If push comes to shove, there is a fairly large number of ratepayers who could be prepared to continue and support action in the Supreme Court,” Mr Maynier said.

The council received 3677 submissions on the project, of which 651 opposed the plan.

Wave Park Group founder Andrew Ross said the letter appeared to be another attempt by a small number of “vocal near neighbours” to stop the project.

He said a majority of residents supported the proposal.

https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/wa...-ng-b88389649z
Huzzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:53 AM   #5996
eugenius

Location: Melbourne / Perth / Mackay / Coventry / Sheffield / Brussels / Birkenhead
Likes (Received): 772

F*ck the Nimbys. Just build it on Langley Park! (or bulldoze South Perth and build it there!)
eugenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 07:38 AM   #5997
Calvin W
Canadian eh!

Likes (Received): 366

If they are too scared to jump in the ocean and do some real surfing, then bugger them. Why spend money on something like this that will sit empty a big chunk of the year...

zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba
Calvin W no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #5998
eugenius

Location: Melbourne / Perth / Mackay / Coventry / Sheffield / Brussels / Birkenhead
Likes (Received): 772

^ its a commercial enterprise. The govt aren't spending the money.

JL1 liked this post
eugenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 09:07 AM   #5999
hayds
resU deretsigeЯ

Likes (Received): 7154

Subi XO

Dazperth, buddha3211, anoraxia, JL1, dallas and 4 others liked this post
hayds está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #6000
Mild Ignoramus

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzman View Post
Residents in legal threat against ‘defective’ Wave Park plan in Melville
I imagine the bulk of the complaints will have come from the residents in the retirement village condos (roughly) adjacent the site. There is literally nobody else that could complain about this. As someone who lives in Alfred Cove I haven't noticed too much dissent, a few token, crudely made signs in the odd garden here and there but nowhere near as visible opposition as say, the ubiquitous "Re-think the link!" signs.

Personally I am not inherently opposed to the wave park, won't affect me in the slightest, but I still think it's a bit of a strange development for that site. Feels like there would be more suitable areas but the username should say it all, if/when that section of Canning Hwy densifies in the next decade it could prove prescient
Mild Ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
coban, mandurahboyz, metropolitan area