daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise

Philippine Projects on the Rise Proposals and U/Cs all around the archipelago.
» Luzon | Visayas | Mindanao | Completed projects

Old February 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM   #1
bustero

Likes (Received): 3

Contemporary/Futuristic Architecture and Interior Design - Compiled Threads

Hello, It's like 5 am and it's freezing outside. (Well for the locals anyway )

So this made me wonder if anyone would like to start a discussion on ecoligical environmental architecture. One that fits our climate. One common problem or critique with many current building designs we have is that we just imported it lockstock and barrel from wherever we learned these things. Worst sometime they just take visual cues or materials and haphazardly apply them without thougth to enivronment, whether in terms of air, water or even visual pollution.

Obviously our forfathers had some bright ideas with how to cope with local environments, but as opposed to Malaysia's Ken Yeang (specially his ibm building), no one project seems to stand out. In the interest of improving our urban areas,

are there exapmle we can learn from here locally.

And, any comments on the current or even old projects as they pertain to newer trends in ecologically sound design for buildings and skyscrapers in particular!
bustero no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM   #2
bustero

Contemporary/Futuristic Architecture and Interior Design

So this made me wonder if anyone would like to start a discussion on ecoligical environmental architecture. One that fits our climate. One common problem or critique with many current building designs we have is that we just imported it lockstock and barrel from wherever we learned these things. Worst sometime they just take visual cues or materials and haphazardly apply them without thougth to enivronment, whether in terms of air, water or even visual pollution.

Obviously our forfathers had some bright ideas with how to cope with local environments, but as opposed to Malaysia's Ken Yeang (specially his ibm building), no one project seems to stand out. In the interest of improving our urban areas,

And, any comments on the current or even old projects as they pertain to newer trends in ecologically sound design for buildings and skyscrapers in particular!
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:17 PM   #3
bustero

Contemporary/Futuristic Architecture and Interior Design

Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:58 AM   #4
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 4

That mango building boybaha made could be enviromental friendly

Jokes aside, architects in Metro Manila, and we've said this before, are either too conservative and sticking to post-modern, North American influences architecture and the ones who aren't don't have the platforms to show off their skills. But I'd love to see one, but developers doesn't seem to be interested in enviromental architecture are they?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:58 AM   #5
renell
Here Since 2002

Jokes aside, architects in Metro Manila, and we've said this before, are either too conservative and sticking to post-modern, North American influences architecture and the ones who aren't don't have the platforms to show off their skills. But I'd love to see one, but developers doesn't seem to be interested in enviromental architecture are they?
Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:58 AM   #6
renell
Here Since 2002

Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM   #7
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 165

yeahh.. I hope that soon we may see an environmental structure.. structures that make use of the external air or water (rain) to generate power, provide cleaning, etc...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM   #8
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

yeahh.. I hope that soon we may see an environmental structure.. structures that make use of the external air or water (rain) to generate power, provide cleaning, etc...
Old February 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM   #9
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:28 AM   #10
stephencua
resident web developer

Likes (Received): 0

yng rcbc tower ata along ayala ave won awards because it maximizes natural lighting.. or something like that.. cant remember where i read it..
stephencua no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:28 AM   #11
stephencua
resident web developer

yng rcbc tower ata along ayala ave won awards because it maximizes natural lighting.. or something like that.. cant remember where i read it..
Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:28 AM   #12
stephencua
resident web developer

Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:24 AM   #13
bustero

In general most developers are greedy self centered bastards but they will listen to intelligent building design. And Green Architecture is supposed to save money even if it costs more upfront. I'm just wondering if as we build Manila as a skycraper city if we should be advocating this and trying to learn.

The coconut palace is a good example specially of using native materials but on a skyscraper or even low rise commercial, any outstanding features?

Also am a great fan of the mango building of Boybaha, sure shows a lot more distinction and creativity with a lot of the buildings going up!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:24 AM   #14
bustero

In general most developers are greedy self centered bastards but they will listen to intelligent building design. And Green Architecture is supposed to save money even if it costs more upfront. I'm just wondering if as we build Manila as a skycraper city if we should be advocating this and trying to learn.

The coconut palace is a good example specially of using native materials but on a skyscraper or even low rise commercial, any outstanding features?

Also am a great fan of the mango building of Boybaha, sure shows a lot more distinction and creativity with a lot of the buildings going up!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:24 AM   #15
bustero

Old February 5th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #16
KulasKusgan
Rebirth of a Dragon

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkayaker12
Manosa

The Manosas are very inclined towards this kind of architecture. They just published recently a book of all their works in the Philippines. The Coconut Palace is also a good example of how one can build something beautiful out of indigenous materials like the coconut tree.

Jon
Manosas design is truly pinoy & environment-friendly... parang bahay-kubo na mansion.
"Do not ever believe that you solely own the evils, and that you are the only demons in this world... Watch out when our roads cross, and pray that somebody would witness when I catch you,” Duterte stressed, addressing the criminals and syndicates.
KulasKusgan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #17
KulasKusgan
Rebirth of a Dragon

Quote:
Manosa

The Manosas are very inclined towards this kind of architecture. They just published recently a book of all their works in the Philippines. The Coconut Palace is also a good example of how one can build something beautiful out of indigenous materials like the coconut tree.

Jon
Manosas design is truly pinoy & environment-friendly... parang bahay-kubo na mansion.
"Do not ever believe that you solely own the evils, and that you are the only demons in this world... Watch out when our roads cross, and pray that somebody would witness when I catch you,” Duterte stressed, addressing the criminals and syndicates.
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #18
KulasKusgan
Rebirth of a Dragon

Quote:
Manosa

Jon
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #19
KulasKusgan
Rebirth of a Dragon

i saw a feature in architectural digest that feature houses around the world. Manosa's work for isla malipano, a resthouse in Samal Island was the only 1 from the Phils.

already posted it at Davao forum:
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #20
KulasKusgan
Rebirth of a Dragon

i saw a feature in architectural digest that feature houses around the world. Manosa's work for isla malipano, a resthouse in Samal Island was the only 1 from the Phils.

already posted it at Davao forum:

Tags
construction, modern architecture, philippines