SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MPH | Caticlán-Godofredo P. Ramos Airport

706K views 2K replies 254 participants last post by  tr3nd1ngt0day 
#1 ·
[MPH] Caticlan - Godofredo P. Ramos Airport

Post away your paradise airport experience!​

See less See more
#164 ·
Boracay (Caticlan) Airport's spanking look inside and out is absolutely beautiful. :applause:

#169 ·
This is what happens when architecture and interior design comes into play; the downspouts outside are painted to integrate with the column, the stand type aircon inside are dressed like a furniture. The check-in is neatly composed in a minimalist scheme to give the illusion of more space, and even the wall at the ramp outside is treated with sculptures to conceal its utilitarian purpose. San Miguel of course hired a design firm to do this. Well, you know CAAP also has an architect in their aerodrome department and he is not sleeping on his job, its just that there is no money for the job, much less, for the guy to do his job. So you get an individual letter sign for the airport in Caticlan neatly placed, and to those run by CAAP you get a billboard painted sign - sponsored by Tanduay!

#166 ·
why cant we do the same to the rest of the airports in the philippines, rather than leave them looking old and falling apart like tacloban airport and others for the time being para presentable naman. kay sa walang gagawin at hihintayin na gawin yung total replacement which cost billions?

#167 ·
The last time I used this was 2009 when it was still like a big version of an LBC Office

#168 ·
Boracay Caticlan Airport between FL200 and FL280 (20000 to 28000 ft ASL)

#176 ·
Excerpted from the Inquirer today - from the masterplanner of the new Boracay Airport - Carlos Arnaiz (there aren't pictures of the masterplan yet, though):

Once finished, the Boracay International Airport, which is located in Caticlan, can accommodate more and bigger planes to and from the world-famous tourist destination.

“I’m quite excited about the Boracay project,” said Arnaiz, 35. “We’re not doing any construction yet, as we’ve just been through the master plan.”

But the overhaul will be massive. The terminal building will be just one of eight new buildings in an airport that will be expanded from 800-2,000 meters. People behind the project will have to work around the old airport without disrupting current operations.

“One of the main challenges is how to make a responsive airport without making it, particularly the terminal building, too generic,” he said. “An airport’s functionality requirements are quite intense, but how do you make a building that’s relaxed? A lot of today’s airports feel overwrought. They’re trying to do too much.”
http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/33059/fil-am-architect-designing-2000-seat-cebu-church%e2%80%93something-that%e2%80%99s-never-been-seen

#184 ·
^^
i hope they don't build that duck/swan! A tribal/Tropical design would make it the most unique airport in the world, IMO. Something that'll remind people of ati-atihan and the the paradise that is aklan.. (But of course, complete with modern amenities..) they should also start building a rainforest surrounding the airport! :cheers:

#188 ·
There should be. That's the only way they can extend a part of the runway to the sea as far as I can remember but I forgot if it's Nabas-side or Caticlan-side. I think that one with the tunnel is shown in the early part of this thread with the plan. :)

#191 ·
The sight of tourist spotting planes while they land in MPH is most likely. Alphaland already has a project in Nabas and another "big" company planning "something grand" in the Caticlan-Nabas Boundary. ;) More are coming in for Nabas-Malay area real soon. :cheers:

#196 ·
That is the reason why Nabas must masterplan developments in the area. The town still looks pristine and I hope if there are resort, commercial or residential developments in the area, those should be eco-friendly and environmentally sustainable. :)

#207 ·
Thanks! :)
Its quite difficult to take a photo in an almost 90/270 degree angle and zoomed in. Nanginginig pa ako nun, hehe! (and this ain't DSLR too) Good thing there was no turbulence and the lighting was great. I dunno if MPH has VOR but I guess passing by MPH is a "routine" for most Manila-bound Iloilo aircraft.

#215 ·
Good news guys! The Commercial Airline Manager of SkyPasada replied to my email query on a possible BCD-MPH flight and this is his reply to my query:

to: _________ <administrator@republicanegrense.com>
date: Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:25 AM
subject: RE: Flight to Bacolod (BCD)

Hi ______,

Yes we will be offering the BCD-MPH flight tentative March 19, 2012. We hope for your support in making Bacolod more accessible to tourists. Thank you.

Richard Tanglao
Commercial Airline Manager
Hello BCD-MPH! Two world-class airports soon to be connected. :D