daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #941
Andyyong2001

Likes (Received): 13

i know JTC do have plans to create an underground logistics system in the Tuas-Boon lay-Gali Batu industrial area (link below). But dont know how it is related to CRL. And linking to Malaysia is even more far-fetched for me. lol.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...stion--8263380
Andyyong2001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #942
AsHalt

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by luacstjh98 View Post
AKA the existing KTM line?

It's already happening in China - HSR for passengers, the slower lines for freight trains.

The issue is with gauge, and whether space can be found along the CRL for the necessary marshalling yards needed for freight trains, even if underground.
I think the marshalling yards could be located in the area beside the second link fencing in between the Malaysia CKPT and the bridge, but then that area nearer to the bridge is a swamp.

And if the Malaysia government allowed a provisional border for Singapore in that area, similar to Calais where UK have a provisional border for the trucks and cars to clear the customs.

Since HSR is doing a similar arrangement, why not see that the arrangement be extended a bit more for the yard.

However I see that it's more likely for the freight line crossing be much nearer to Tuas port than to the country club. And the dip to the hypothetical freight line with the island line would to be transitioned elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyyong2001 View Post
i know JTC do have plans to create an underground logistics system in the Tuas-Boon lay-Gali Batu industrial area (link below). But dont know how it is related to CRL. And linking to Malaysia is even more far-fetched for me. lol.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...stion--8263380

The timing seems to be around the time when the CRL is going to open, 2022. So maybe to help a bit with the transfers. But then I think JTC is thinking of deeper almost as deep as DTSS.

Last edited by AsHalt; December 30th, 2017 at 09:04 AM.
AsHalt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #943
CHT

I too doubt CRL undeground rail line will be suitable to handle shipping container especially dealing with DG and hazardous goods.
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2018, 01:15 AM   #944
harizq2

Likes (Received): 0

spotted SI works yesterday at Pasir Ris Dr 1, in front of Block 105. Trial trenching can also be seen in front of Block 428
harizq2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:28 AM   #945
meteorain

Last few weeks I seems to saw 2 SI at the intersection of Punggol Central & Edgefield Plains, one in front of the petrol station, and one in front of waterbay condo, at different time though.
meteorain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:28 AM   #946
CHT

2 SI rig spotted at the vacant strip of land between AYE and IBP. Seem to follow the same trajectory path coming from Pandan Garden

Last edited by CHT; January 7th, 2018 at 03:01 AM.
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 02:13 PM   #947
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsHalt View Post
I think the marshalling yards could be located in the area beside the second link fencing in between the Malaysia CKPT and the bridge, but then that area nearer to the bridge is a swamp.

And if the Malaysia government allowed a provisional border for Singapore in that area, similar to Calais where UK have a provisional border for the trucks and cars to clear the customs.

Since HSR is doing a similar arrangement, why not see that the arrangement be extended a bit more for the yard.

However I see that it's more likely for the freight line crossing be much nearer to Tuas port than to the country club. And the dip to the hypothetical freight line with the island line would to be transitioned elsewhere

won't be much problem for us. i think we had similar arrangement with thailand at padang besar station
Old January 7th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #948
^tamago^

Quote:
It's possible a shell station or two (maybe even full tunnels with dismantling provision, like NE2) could be placed under PLAB. From my guess the line could run straight between Hougang Ave 7/Tampines Rd to Tampines Ave 10/Tampines Link, bisecting the north half of PLAB.
The line alignment between Lorong Halus and Hougang area is re-subject to planning due to the PLAB announcement, so I reckon they are getting more data along the possible few alignments that can serve this new flat plain.
^tamago^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:13 AM   #949
AsHalt

I think they probably will start with the West side of the line first as the 1st and 2nd stage of the line and stopping the alignment just after the central reserve, pending the final alignment spec for the East side and PLAB. Much like the TEL which started for the TSL side then for the ECL side.
AsHalt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 11:32 AM   #950
y2koh

Likes (Received): 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsHalt View Post
I think they probably will start with the West side of the line first as the 1st and 2nd stage of the line and stopping the alignment just after the central reserve, pending the final alignment spec for the East side and PLAB. Much like the TEL which started for the TSL side then for the ECL side.

CRLe AE Consultancy was awarded last year. So the tender for construction should be happening in around 2.5-3.5 years time. Tender for the AE Consultancy for CRLw has not been called as of today, which means it will be at least 4 years before it will reach the stage where they can call tender for that.
y2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:51 PM   #951
adrianlim

Will there be stations outside Livia condo opposite Pasir Ris Blk 515?

Saw a couple of SI rig along Pasir Ris Dr 1, outside Livia condo opposite of blk 515 a few months ago. Any idea whether it is possible that LTA will be building a CRL station or exit there?
adrianlim está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 11:13 AM   #952
leonardot

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlim View Post
Saw a couple of SI rig along Pasir Ris Dr 1, outside Livia condo opposite of blk 515 a few months ago. Any idea whether it is possible that LTA will be building a CRL station or exit there?
Possible. Or it may be for cut and cover tunnels.
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:02 PM   #953
Jerrylim14

Quote:
That’s my Guess too. Open space is scarce and the empty plot of land adjacent to Livia is good for station entrance.

Does anyone here know if Elias green Is putting itself up for enbloc. Don’t see any units for sale in property guru.

Last edited by Mith252; January 13th, 2018 at 12:13 AM.
Jerrylim14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:46 AM   #954
y2koh

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardot View Post
Possible. Or it may be for cut and cover tunnels.

Yes there should be a whole network of cut and cover tunnels in the area for the Y junction between the Punggol branch and the mainline.
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:24 AM   #955
adrianlim

I heard from a property agent that Elias Green is putting up enbloc. It is an old development and big site area. Makes sense to attempt enbloc
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:45 PM   #956
Jerrylim14

Quote:
I heard from a property agent that Elias Green is putting up enbloc. It is an old development and big site area. Makes sense to attempt enbloc
Huh. Im looking at the houses along Elias terrace. If Elias green rebuild, the value will go up?
Jerrylim14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:44 AM   #957
y2koh

Here is the updated speculative map based on the SI locations.

CRLe_E by y2koh, on Flickr

Mith252, leonardot liked this post

Last edited by Mith252; January 14th, 2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:08 PM   #958
adrianlim

Yes, technically speaking, if Elias Green got en bloc with a high psf, the price of the houses there should go up. Recently, when Changi Gardens was en bloc successfully, I also noticed the price of the houses around Changi Gardens namely Mariam Walk (Avila terrace) and Mariam Way (Liria Terrace) have also begun to go up.
Old January 14th, 2018, 04:24 PM   #959
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2koh View Post
Here is the updated speculative map based on the SI locations.

image was here
CRLe_E by y2koh, on Flickr
Shouldn't Edgefield station be deleted, as we know that the Punggol branch has 3 stations?

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2018, 02:05 AM   #960
y2koh

MRT Cross Island Line

Quote:
Shouldn't Edgefield station be deleted, as we know that the Punggol branch has 3 stations?

How and when did you get to the conclusion that Punggol branch has 3 stations?

We know that there should be 7 stations for the Punggol branch, and from Pasir Ris East to Tampines North combined. With Elias now looking to be part of the Punggol branch, that leaves only 3 stations on the main line, so there should be 4 on the branch.

The reason for having the branch start in Pasir Ris is probably LTA wanted the entire stretch from Elias to Sungei Serangoon to be bored below the landfill level.

Last edited by y2koh; January 15th, 2018 at 02:14 AM.