SkyscraperCity Forum banner
6M views 20K replies 1K participants last post by  jeremai 
#1 · (Edited)
Bishopsgate Tower - "The Pinnacle"
The City

Height: 288m | Floors: 63 | Architect: Kohn Pederson Fox | Developer: Union Investment Real Estate AG (formerly known as DIFA)

Links: Bishopsgate Tower promotional video (23mb) | Skyscrapernews listing

Notes:
  • At 288 metres, the Bishopsgate Tower will form the centrepiece of London’s financial district. It will be over 100 metres taller than
    the City's current tallest building, Tower 42.
  • Plans for a tower on this site have been around since 2002. A previous design by Helmut Jahn was scrapped following concerns over
    the base and crown, and its effect on views from Fleet Street. The revised design - by architects Kohn Pederson Fox - is more
    sleek and elegantly proportioned, and is intended to complement the neighbouring proposals such as the Leadenhall Building.
  • A planning application was submitted in June 2005. A revised planning application with a 19m height reduction was submitted
    and given final approval in April 2006. In November 2006, the developers secured funding for the project from Arab Investments.
  • The full planning report for the tower can be accessed by clicking here.
Current Status:
Piling is complete. Keltbray are back on site, to complete demo of the previous building (by 10th January 2010), and to complete the
enabling works. A new excavation, 5.5 metres below the present basement floor, is to take place in January in preparation for the core in late 2010.

Despite the long wait, it seems highly likely that this tower will eventually be built. All of the retail space has been let, plus over 25% of the office space,
and the four restaurant floors at the top.

Topping-out is scheduled for late 2012, and the building is due to open in 2013.

See less See more
#10,125 ·
It looks like Schneider are installing the PDU,s to fulfil their contract nothing else will be happening soon. These PDU's have to be ordered well ahead and are built for that job. Site offices up for let interesting, someone having a laugh I suppose the Portacabin hire company do not think it is worth the cost of removing them when they have free storage for them in the hopes that the next Contractor will take up the hire.

#10,127 ·
But I thought they were not going to install them properly yet if nothing was going on,.... :lol:
Maybe they are obliged to connect them to the National grid as part of their contract _ for use when anything gets built on the site :dunno:

#10,128 ·
It looks like Schneider are installing the PDU,s to fulfil their contract nothing else will be happening soon. These PDU's have to be ordered well ahead and are built for that job. Site offices up for let interesting, someone having a laugh I suppose the Portacabin hire company do not think it is worth the cost of removing them when they have free storage for them in the hopes that the next Contractor will take up the hire.
Sorry I meant to say that it's not the porta cabins that are now to 'let' but the period offices off st helens. The steel work company (can't remember the name) used to be based in there.

#10,134 ·
Sorry I meant to say that it's not the porta cabins that are now to 'let' but the period offices off st helens. The steel work company (can't remember the name) used to be based in there.
Thank's LJ I did not realise existing buildings were being used as office space. Interesting the steel company started disloving last November.
Let us know when the concrete slabs go back in the basement opening.