daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Qatar > West Bay (Dafnah) Towers

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #1
EuropeanCitizen

Likes (Received): 0

Pullman Hotel West Bay | U/C

Just read the announcement for a Pullman Hotel in West Bay. The operator signed the deal with Twin Towers Co. Does this name relate to any project currently under construction in the area?

Accor grows Pullman's regional network with first Pullman hotel in Qatar
Qatar:

The upscale and innovative service of the Pullman Hotels & Resorts brand is set to make its debut in Doha, Qatar which has been formalized by a partnership between Accor Middle East and Twin Towers Company. The first Pullman hotel in Doha will be located in the West Bay area, the upscale business district of Doha, and set to be completed by 2014.

Christophe Landais, Managing Director Accor Middle East, said: "We are honoured to partner with Twin Towers Company, in developing an international 5-star hotel in Qatar under the Pullman Hotels & Resorts brand".

"Qatar's growing importance as a leisure and business destination has established Doha as an international hub. A significant surge in the number of corporate and MICE travelers visiting Qatar has been observed over the last few years thanks to the development of world-class infrastructures in Doha."

In a statement issued by Twin Towers Company, owners of Pullman Doha said: "Qatar's expansion of its tourism and hospitality sector, particularly in Doha, is pushing ahead at a rapid rate, keeping pace with its overall programme of economic expansion. Our partnership with Accor, the world's leading hotel operator and market leader in Europe, enables us to support Qatar's vision in being one of the top destinations which can offer exclusive experiences par excellence. We are proud to introduce a well-known hotel brand such as Pullman in the Qatari market. Confident with Accor's expertise in managing hotels, we know that together we can expand Pullman's growth in the upscale segment."

The Pullman Doha West Bay will feature 470 keys (373 rooms and 97 serviced apartments), extensive meeting space including a ballroom of over 1,300sqm and an extensive range of F&B facilities, including 3 restaurants. The property is currently under construction, progressing at a very fast pace, with excavation works having been recently completed and design process now well progressed.
EuropeanCitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #2
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanCitizen View Post
Just read the announcement for a Pullman Hotel in West Bay. The operator signed the deal with Twin Towers Co. Does this name relate to any project currently under construction in the area?

Accor grows Pullman's regional network with first Pullman hotel in Qatar
Qatar:

The upscale and innovative service of the Pullman Hotels & Resorts brand is set to make its debut in Doha, Qatar which has been formalized by a partnership between Accor Middle East and Twin Towers Company. The first Pullman hotel in Doha will be located in the West Bay area, the upscale business district of Doha, and set to be completed by 2014.

Christophe Landais, Managing Director Accor Middle East, said: "We are honoured to partner with Twin Towers Company, in developing an international 5-star hotel in Qatar under the Pullman Hotels & Resorts brand".

"Qatar's growing importance as a leisure and business destination has established Doha as an international hub. A significant surge in the number of corporate and MICE travelers visiting Qatar has been observed over the last few years thanks to the development of world-class infrastructures in Doha."

In a statement issued by Twin Towers Company, owners of Pullman Doha said: "Qatar's expansion of its tourism and hospitality sector, particularly in Doha, is pushing ahead at a rapid rate, keeping pace with its overall programme of economic expansion. Our partnership with Accor, the world's leading hotel operator and market leader in Europe, enables us to support Qatar's vision in being one of the top destinations which can offer exclusive experiences par excellence. We are proud to introduce a well-known hotel brand such as Pullman in the Qatari market. Confident with Accor's expertise in managing hotels, we know that together we can expand Pullman's growth in the upscale segment."

The Pullman Doha West Bay will feature 470 keys (373 rooms and 97 serviced apartments), extensive meeting space including a ballroom of over 1,300sqm and an extensive range of F&B facilities, including 3 restaurants. The property is currently under construction, progressing at a very fast pace, with excavation works having been recently completed and design process now well progressed.
Maybe its Briges Twin Tower or something like that.
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #3
Massilia
Qatar forums

Likes (Received): 5

Yes that should be it. I was thinking of The Gate twin towers... I noticed that excavation works has started on one of the 2 towers (the project board says 51F)!!! But as the article mentions these works are completed, I would also opt for Bridge Tower. To be confirmed...
Massilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
Yes that should be it. I was thinking of The Gate twin towers... I noticed that excavation works has started on one of the 2 towers (the project board says 51F)!!! But as the article mentions these works are completed, I would also opt for Bridge Tower. To be confirmed...
The Bridge Towers seem to be turned into a natural lagoon. Work is onhold for a while.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

Likes (Received): 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
The Bridge Towers seem to be turned into a natural lagoon. Work is onhold for a while.
what ? Not anymore it isn't.

Pilling works have started already and it has been going on for several days.
When you're gone i'll still be Bloody Mary
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
what ? Not anymore it isn't.

Pilling works have started already and it has been going on for several days.
Piling has started last year, but then work stagnated for so long the whole plot turned into a water lagoon!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM   #7
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

BUT its active right now very active actually...
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:19 PM   #8
Massilia
Qatar forums

Yes the lagoon time is over, it's a real construction site now
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #9
Alrayyan
Little Monster <3

In fact there is already a crane in place (it wasn't there yesterday)
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #10
Massilia
Qatar forums

You're right! I'm still not 100% convinced this is Bridge Towers, as there are other twin towers nearby (work has started on one of The Gate towers - 51F)...once the confirmation is there let's merge!
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #11
I Know

Likes (Received): 4

Luxury Pullman brand to make Qatar hotel debut

Luxury hotel brand Pullman is set to make its debut in Qatar after inking a deal to open a property in Doha's business district in 2014.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/luxur...ut-396348.html
I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote