SkyscraperCity Forum banner

SOCHI - Fisht Olympic Stadium (47,659)

770K views 1K replies 227 participants last post by  ElvisBC 
#1 ·
A good reason to back the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games bid.

See less See more
#188 ·
Come on man, if England had won the 2018 world cup we'd have the Olympics and World Cup in the same decade too (along with the 2011 Champions League Final, 2013 Rugby League World Cup, 2014 Commonwealth Games, 2014 Ryder Cup, 2015 Rugby Union World Cup, 2019 Cricket World Cup, F1 etc etc). ;) So there's no point whinging about Russia.

Russia bid and won these events. Fair play to them.

#190 ·
Come on man, if England had won the 2018 world cup we'd have the Olympics and World Cup in the same decade too (along with the 2011 Champions League Final, 2013 Rugby League World Cup, 2014 Commonwealth Games, 2014 Ryder Cup, 2015 Rugby Union World Cup, 2019 Cricket World Cup, F1 etc etc). ;) So there's no point whinging about Russia.
Rugby League, Rugby Union, Commonwealth Games, Ryder Cup, Cricket... :nuts: What is it? Rudiments of the Holy British Empire?

Why you don't include Bowling, Billiard, Squash, Darts World Championship or Fox Hunting at this list? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

#194 ·
But it is true that Russia has been very little international sports competitions. Probably many of you know that by how many medals in Olympic sports (Olympic Games + World Championships + Euro + various Cups and Grand Prix) of Russia won the most medals in history. The second country on how many medals the U.S., but they are several times more host Olympic Games + World Championships than Russia.

#196 · (Edited)
RobH is right, Rugby is not popular here in Russia but It's still a great sports event for whole world :) And yeah, sometimes rubgy games have more spectators than football world cup ones
I will tell you a few countries that will watch Rugby World Cup - UK, Ireland, France, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina and several countries in Oceania.

I think it is useless to count how many countries will be watching the FIFA World Cup. It's easier to say where it will not watch.

And I can tell you which teams will be playing in the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup - England, Scotland, France, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina and someone from the rest of world :) So boring... Are you ready to name the list of teams who will be playing in the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup?

Rugby will never become a global sport.

#197 · (Edited)
It's certainly a bigger event than the Volleyball Men World Championships, the Volleyball Women World Chamoionships, the Basketball Women World Championships, or the Ice Hockey World Championships which you saw fit to quote above and which nobody laughed at.

And you do realise that the event you're hosting in 2018 was codified by public schools in England don't you, just like Rugby?

I come into this thread and tell stunnerslight to stop trolling and guess who comes out of hiding and begins trolling himself. As I've said before, if this is the reception visitors will be getting when attending Sochi 2014 and the 2018 World Cup, they'll go down as the worst in living memory. Reading your posts makes me WANT these events to be monumental failures. You do realise this is the effect you have on people? :eek:hno:

#198 ·
Wow, I come into this thread and tell stunnerslight to stop trolling and guess who comes out of hiding and begins trolling himself.
May be, you (with you unnecessary comments about Ryder Cup, Rugby Cups, etc.)?

As I've said before, if this is the reception visitors will be getting when attending Sochi 2014 and the 2018 World Cup, they'll go down as the worst in living memory.
Wow! How is pathetic!

Reading your posts makes me WANT these events to be monumental failures.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm never worried about your personal opinion.

You do realise this is the effect you have on people? :eek:hno:
But you right, it's useless to argue with you and your compatriots. So, I'm stop this unnecessary dispute. Good lock at the Rugby World Championship!

#205 ·
Lovely. Elegant and future-functional.

They should make bandy an Olympic sport and play the tournament on giant ice rink in here.

#208 ·
I have one question .. are they going to use this stadium for the world cup in 2018?? is it in the initial plans?? now that they builded it they might as well use it ...

#209 ·
Леонид;72700881 said:
I have one question .. are they going to use this stadium for the world cup in 2018?? is it in the initial plans?? now that they builded it they might as well use it ...
Of course, the stadium like all other infrastructure, which will be ready to 2014, will be also used for FIFA World Cup 2018 (and Formula One Grand Prix).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.