daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Miami > Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #1
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 39

Miami=Downtown/ Central Business District III

continued from old thread.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 6th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #2
dave8721

Likes (Received): 3654

Something to restart this thread with: The Holiday Inn around which EWT is to be built is officially up for sale now. I wonder if the EWT people will try to buy it to incorporate it into their site or if someone else will surface. Office tower anyone?

dave8721 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 05:47 PM   #3
archifreese

Likes (Received): 40

yes please an office tower there would be great!!!
good news everyone EPIC HAS ITS FOUNDATIONS READY TO POUR AND GO VERTICAL ill try to get a picture i promise !!! they have the rebars and column bases just waiting for the pour.

archifreese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #4
Rx727sfl2002
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

MIAMI RIVER NEW CONDOS SOON

IF THE SALE GOES THROUGH THAT SITE WILL BE DEMOLISHED AND 3 NEW TALL TOWERS WILL GOW UP IN ITS PLACE ALONG WITH SOME SORT
OF MEGA RETAIL OR ENTERTAINMENT VENUE..SAD THING IS THE BOA BUILDING WILL BE COVERED AND LOOSE ITS VIEW BUT AT THE SAME TIME THE 100 SE 2ND STREET PARKING LOT IS THE BOA PARKING GARAGE... SO IF A VIEW IS LOST I DONT THINK THEY WOULD CARE BECUASE THEY ARE BUYING THE PEDASTAL OF THIS BUILDING I GUESS... BRICKELL ON THE RIVER WILL HAVE A NEW NEIGHBOR ACROSS FROM IT STARRING DOWN ON IT...

KNIGHT CENTER TALKS: Miami continues to negotiate with consultant Staubach Co. Northeast to help with a sale of money-losing James L. Knight Center. The 5.7-acre city-owned hub managed by Global Spectrum encompasses Miami's Convention Center, the Hyatt Hotel, the University of Miami Conference Center at 400 NE Second Ave. and a parking garage at 100 SE Second St. Lori Billberry, director of Miami's Public Facilities Department, said a contract with Staubach is being negotiating and "a draft was reviewed last week." She said she is unsure when a contract will be final. Once done, commissioners must approve it before Staubach can move forward. Miami is subsidizing the Knight Center by about $1.9 million a year.

Last edited by Rx727sfl2002; June 9th, 2006 at 02:28 PM.
Rx727sfl2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #5
Pablo63090

Likes (Received): 49

Rx, are you a mole at a development company or something? It's funny that at any time the BOA Tower might have it's legs cut right under it. Many people have been complaining about the $52,000,000 Knight Center complex since its opening back in 1982. The Herald said that a building of its importance was too bland. At least, it was the basis for the design of the BOA tower. CenTrust & I.M. Pei designed the tower to reflect its neighboor.

Pablo63090 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 02:49 AM   #6
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by archifreese
yes please an office tower there would be great!!!
good news everyone EPIC HAS ITS FOUNDATIONS READY TO POUR AND GO VERTICAL ill try to get a picture i promise !!! they have the rebars and column bases just waiting for the pour.

ARCH , your right my friend , and its going vertical soon, with a Yellow Base Tower construction tower crane being installed today on the Site, its going up fast and the extra lane on the Brickell Avenue Bridge Northbound is also in High speed to be completed by the end of this year ,

wow ,
I say it again,

2 , 4 , 6 , 8 , Who do we appreicate ???

Cranes !!! , Cranes !!! , Cranes !!!

Go Cranes !!!

djole13 liked this post
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #7
dave8721

Could something be happening at our favorite gas station on Biscayne Blvd? Look at item #3 on the agenda for the UDRB. Something is beginning the permitting stages on that site.

http://www.miamigov.com/planning/pag...UDRB062306.pdf

Old June 12th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #8
Dale

Likes (Received): 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx727sfl2002
IF THE SALE GOES THROUGH THAT SITE WILL BE DEMOLISHED AND 3 NEW TALL TOWERS WILL GOW UP IN ITS PLACE ALONG WITH SOME SORT
OF MEGA RETAIL OR ENTERTAINMENT VENUE..SAD THING IS THE BOA BUILDING WILL BE COVERED AND LOOSE ITS VIEW BUT AT THE SAME TIME THE 100 SE 2ND STREET PARKING LOT IS THE BOA PARKING GARAGE... SO IF A VIEW IS LOST I DONT THINK THEY WOULD CARE BECUASE THEY ARE BUYING THE PEDASTAL OF THIS BUILDING I GUESS... BRICKELL ON THE RIVER WILL HAVE A NEW NEIGHBOR ACROSS FROM IT STARRING DOWN ON IT...

KNIGHT CENTER TALKS: Miami continues to negotiate with consultant Staubach Co. Northeast to help with a sale of money-losing James L. Knight Center. The 5.7-acre city-owned hub managed by Global Spectrum encompasses Miami's Convention Center, the Hyatt Hotel, the University of Miami Conference Center at 400 NE Second Ave. and a parking garage at 100 SE Second St. Lori Billberry, director of Miami's Public Facilities Department, said a contract with Staubach is being negotiating and "a draft was reviewed last week." She said she is unsure when a contract will be final. Once done, commissioners must approve it before Staubach can move forward. Miami is subsidizing the Knight Center by about $1.9 million a year.
I love Staubuch's coffee.

Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #9
Paul305

Likes (Received): 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721
Could something be happening at our favorite gas station on Biscayne Blvd? Look at item #3 on the agenda for the UDRB. Something is beginning the permitting stages on that site.

http://www.miamigov.com/planning/pag...UDRB062306.pdf
Thanks Dave, for keeping us informed. You are by far the best agenda/minutes reader amongst the Miami forumers. I donít have enough time nor patience to deal with all of those pdfs so itís really helpful to have someone who can keep me updated.

As for the BP, I really want that hole filled up with something substantial so that the wall will look complete. Iíve been working on a Sketchup rendering of the Miami Wall which is pretty much done (photobucketís giving me trouble again) and it is a very noticeable gap, as is the MDC campus next to the Empire World Towers. This building doesnít even have to be as tall as Paramount Park or 900 Biscayne as long as it has a decent facade; pretty much anything would be more suitable than a gas station for that location. Someone has to take one for the team and go to that Development Review Board meeting to find out whatís up.

Paul305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #10
archifreese

Likes (Received): 40

didnt someone say eariler that BP was going to become a cafe and gas station with outdoor seating on biscayne?

archifreese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #11
The Mad Hatter!!
P.E.C.K CREW

Likes (Received): 100

yea that Bp isn't building shit, you can't really build much with a special exemption permit, so i guess they're just going to spruce it up.
"Architects are pretty much high-class whores. We can turn down projects the way they can turn down some clients, but we've both got to say yes to someone if we want to stay in business"Philip Johnson

Boycott the La forum-Worse forum in SSC

The Mad Hatter!! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #12
Paul305

Likes (Received): 702

This is actually Part III. Links to the previous threads can be found here:
Part I (July 2004 - December 2004)
Part II (December 2004 - June 2006)

Paul305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #13
dave8721

Dirt is being pushed around on the 600 Biscayne site:

Old June 20th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #14
Miami as in Perfect
I know right . . . !

Likes (Received): 30

Is this that massive thing behind the Freedom Tower?

Miami as in Perfect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:12 AM   #15
rider_of_rohan
Savior of Gondor

Likes (Received): 110

Did that project ever get approved? Doesnt the site also include that parking lot behind it?

rider_of_rohan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 01:04 AM   #16
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 4796

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_of_rohan
Did that project ever get approved? Doesnt the site also include that parking lot behind it?
Rider of ROHAN , my friend ,
YES , it was approved by the city , and the Terra Group has been advertising mostly in the latin magazines, I've seen the renderings and pictures in many latin mags .

I believe this 600 Biscayne tower will go up earlier than the Paramount Park condo.and Yes, the empty old parking lot in the back of the Freedom tower is part of the 60 plus floor " Freedom 600 biscayne " condo tower.
we'll soon find out.

djole13 liked this post
ChuckScraperMiami#1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 01:40 AM   #17
BornInTheGrove

Likes (Received): 620

I believe Paramount Park will be the last one to get built. I'm even going to boldly predict that PP will start getting the site ready after Marina Blue and Ten Museum have finished construction.

BornInTheGrove no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 03:23 AM   #18
Toucano
Gator Moderator

Likes (Received): 371

Dirt has been being pushed around there for quite some time now. There was a huge hole there for a long while too...

@ElUrbanista

Toucano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM   #19
rider_of_rohan
Savior of Gondor

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toucano
Dirt has been being pushed around there for quite some time now. There was a huge hole there for a long while too...
Maybe they are getting the archeology digging done before they start ..wish Met 3 would have

rider_of_rohan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 07:34 AM   #20
Dale

Likes (Received): 1986

PP will be launched 'late year' based on an interview with Prodigy in the latest Ocean Drive.

Full speed ahead apparently.

Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, downtown, miami