SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Sky Gardens | Nine Elms | 120m | 35 fl

205K views 481 replies 124 participants last post by  thevladski 
#1 · (Edited)
A new 120m 35 floor tower in Vauxhall sneaked under the radar and went in for planning in July. Its 35 Storeys and just South of the Vauxhall roundabout. Its in the Vauxhall-Nine elms opportunity area which is going to be a new redevelopment hotspot in the next 10-15 year. Other projects planned in the area include the Vauxhall tower, a major redevelopment of Nine Elms market, a new US embassy & large developments from Ballymore & Arab investors as well as the planned Battersea Power Station redevelopment.

It might also mean some of the long dead projects such as the Bondway tower might resurface.

Architects are Cary Jones & developers are Fairbriar Projects,

Suprrise surprise the local association in Kennington is against the proposal as it doesn't contain enough 3 & 4 bed flats.... Oh yes, forgot to mention they are opposed to the height (excessive apparently).

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/planning_decisions/2008/20080923.jsp#2

See less See more
#173 ·
#185 ·
Cladding and glazing starting to appear. Better than I thought it might be, quite glossy, looks better in person than in photo as obviously you can't see reflections moving in photos. I presume the green of the windows is due to some protective stuff behind them rather than their final colour.

Interestingly it comes shortly after Sainsburys Nine Elms Point started putting cladding on. It really feels like these two are racing. A fifth tower crane is currently being installed at Sainsbury's with the largest road crane I've ever seen - easily 100m tall.

IMG_1195 by inckamail, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.