Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Millennium Tower- Dublin- 63m

• Royal Victoria Hospital Tower- Belfast- 63m

FINAL ***IRELANDS BEST BUILDING POLL***

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  odlum833 
#1 · (Edited)
Apparently the poll times out if not done within five minutes (email sent to admin for prev polls deletion) so here goes

Vote for the best building, North and South of the border included.

*Not included are Churches, public art, chimneys, transmitters, towers
*Must be above 55m
*Must be t/o or completed
*Pictures of buildings included welcome :)

Happy Polling!!:banana:

#2 · (Edited)
Montevetro in Dublin is good looking building but if it had been higher it would have looked a lot better, it could have carried the extra height very well while staying somewhat elegant.

The Boat in Belfast is let down terribly by the blank walls, although there's an application that'll address one side at least. The front though is rather attractive, again it would have looked very good with some additional height.

The Elysian is a nice building as well, has a good quality finish about it, just a shame its empty. Cork County Hall isn't too bad either.

#3 ·
^^ agreed, on everything lol

On the boat I'm most agreed, probably because if it was like the front the whole way around it would be my favourite building on the whole Island. Really is a horrible shame that it's ruined by the blank walls.

#4 ·
I know, hopefully the application for an apartment building is approved and that'll cover the blank side facing the Albert Clock. The other side will unfortunately remain blank until the Laganside Bus Centre site is sold for development.

#5 ·
Hopefully the apartment building is better looking than the wall! I suppose the worst we could hope for is a big magnolia monstrosity!

#6 · (Edited)
Without doubt the most corporatist looking building in Ireland is Montevetro. I remember saying before it was built that it would look as such. It's just a giant office slab.

Picture BBC

For it's internal design alone it wins the poll hands down. Inside it must be one of the most unique and entertaining designed offices in Europe.

Although their neighbors will have something to say about that soon enough ;)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-gehry-dublin-london-20131107,0,4991573.story

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.