daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Thai Forum > Urban Discussions

Old July 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Speed

Likes (Received): 280

Contest: Athenee v ParkChidlom v TheMet v Infinity v Regent v Madison v Manhattan

If you had a chance to buy a condo unit at any one of these projects, which one would you choose (taking into account the building, facilities AND location AND access to transport etc) and why?

OR do you have another favorite in Central Bangkok that beats all of them??? (cannot choose super huge unit places like Baan Rajadamri or Raffine II becuase not a fair comparison)

(to be fair, in all buildings, the emample unit must be same size (for example 130 sq meters) and same floor level (for example 15th floor))
Speed no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 28th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #2
pon

Likes (Received): 1420

Athenee and the Met is 2 first choices of mine.
I like the location of Athenee and I like the height of the Met.
If to choose only one....The Athenee is my final answer.
pon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #3
Zimoune
Zimoune

Likes (Received): 3

probably Athenee would be my favorite 'cause i work in tht area. otherwise, if work on Sathorn/Narathiwat, Infinity is fine... but anyway, if you give it to me, i accept all of them!!!
Zimoune no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pon
Athenee and the Met is 2 first choices of mine.
I like the location of Athenee and I like the height of the Met.
If to choose only one....The Athenee is my final answer.
wow that would have been exactly my answer you & I have same taste
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #5
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 1840

The Madison is way first runner up by far, It's complimentary a combination between Atthenee Residence's distance to BTS and Park Chitlom's distance to a great shopping Center and The Met's 50 meters Pool and facilities...

Just great one for me, and It's the only one on the list that "completely" sold out too

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #6
ThirskUK
WORLD PEACE

Likes (Received): 45

Infinity, of course...
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:46 PM   #7
kiku99
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰国

Likes (Received): 6

Also Athenee for me. The Met and Infinity sound great as well. but don't like to live in Sathorn area. Manhattan..no way. don't like it that much forgot how the Madison looks like. will need to revisit that thread again

Bangkok Skyline Links
Thai forum | Bangkok Skyscrapers Info | Amazing Thailand | Bangkok City
kiku99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2005, 07:01 PM   #8
Speed

yes I really like the location and style of the Athenee too

I also really like the Infinity and The Met buildings, but dont much like the idea of living in the middle of office district... I really like the Regent building but DONT like idea of living in Nana zone

Not sure 'bout Madison...building style looks cool, but I still prefer Athenee location better...dont know why (maybe because its in the "magic square" of Rajadamri to West, Din Daeng Expressway to East, San Saep Canal to North and Lumpini Park to South)?
Old August 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM   #9
Kalix
Aliens exist!

Likes (Received): 0

Athenee all the way, IMO.
Kalix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #10
Speed

no one mentioned Park Chidlom or Manhattan as their favorite....does Athenee beat them? and why? because of location?
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #11
Zimoune
Zimoune

for myself, they are not in the luxurious place of central lumpini.. far from the park, to near from Petchburi traffic! the surrounding area is not the same as Athenee Residence, and difference in prices is not worth enough to let it pass. that is my opinion.
Old August 4th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #12
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimoune
for myself, they are not in the luxurious place of central lumpini.. far from the park, to near from Petchburi traffic! the surrounding area is not the same as Athenee Residence, and difference in prices is not worth enough to let it pass. that is my opinion.
yes I agree with you
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #13
annamaria4711

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
no one mentioned Park Chidlom or Manhattan as their favorite....does Athenee beat them? and why? because of location?
With regards to architectural design the Met wins hands down, however one draw down in my books with the Met is that you have to use the car to get anywhere you can't just walk and the 6 lane traffic in front of it is not a great experiences to walk along.
The Athenee is not a great design, but a little closer to amenities, to hellishly expensive for what it is.
Manhattan is not a great design, Major Development could have cladded the exterior instead of painting it pink..however in terms of location it is fabulous, in 5 min walk I can be in one of Asia's biggest shopping areas with a choice of cinemans and restaurants, shops, food halls, markets, bars etc, hopefully soon an opera house and very soon a National Modern Art gallery + walking distance to BTS. Yes Patchaburi is noisey but you go via the back route across the canal and its OK..yes currently dirty, but that plot of land behind Manhattan is prime real easte waiting to happen..I think they ought ot clear it up and the night bazarr that they have pushed out of Lumpini park be placed there, so then that area does truly have a 360 degree leisure experience, new and old. Like with all developments at the ned of the day it depends on the type of unit you buy and how high it is.
my only bug bear with Petchuburi Road is that darn dead cluster of chinese half derilct half built monster called Patunan..horrid...but if they managed to revive the World Trade Centre into Central World and how fabulous it is..then there could be hope yet for that ugly exterior...start again..it's a shame that the Airport link did not use this ugly piece of building for its entrance it may have revoved its limp life
annamaria4711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #14
alive555

After buying the River Id buy either 185 Rajdamri, or Sukhothai Residences, The other buildings really are not v good or awful ie.

Athenee - v good location v poor construction
Park Chidlom - average location , poor access , not bad product.
The Met - a bit cheap, architecture blocks views and the back views are v poor. Also noisy traffic jam location.
Regent - Bit cheap fit out , most units poor view, good location. poor investment.
Infinity - if u like bad taste then this is for you. Awful
Madison - Not bad for money b location.
Manhattan Chidlom - better change to Manhattan Petchburi. Absolutely shocking architecture. C grade building in C grade location.
alive555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #15
Zimoune
Zimoune

wow! my heart is beating... i look at your comment and find out one thing>> you have been disapointed by the actual contruction of these projects. hope the new ones will push up the current city standards, not only in show flats but also in actual site
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #16
Speed

do you really think Athenee is "poor construction"...why is that?

the location of 185 Rajadamri looks great (but do you have any advance info on the building design of that? or construction quality?)

if you are planning to buy (non-Penthouses) at Sukhothai direct from developer (not on secondary market), you should probably act quick or attend this month's HK launch...those units are going super quick (during pre-launch).....

the River project looks great, but the location is inconvenient....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alive555 View Post
After buying the River Id buy either 185 Rajdamri, or Sukhothai Residences, The other buildings really are not v good or awful ie.

Athenee - v good location v poor construction
Park Chidlom - average location , poor access , not bad product.
The Met - a bit cheap, architecture blocks views and the back views are v poor. Also noisy traffic jam location.
Regent - Bit cheap fit out , most units poor view, good location. poor investment.
Infinity - if u like bad taste then this is for you. Awful
Madison - Not bad for money b location.
Manhattan Chidlom - better change to Manhattan Petchburi. Absolutely shocking architecture. C grade building in C grade location.
Old December 20th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #17
cheychai
Dont give up

Likes (Received): 2

To me, Park Chitlom
cheychai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2007, 06:16 AM   #18
Zimoune
Zimoune

sUKHOTAHI IS SECONDARY MARKET ALREADY? JUST ANNOUNCE TODAY IN NEWS THEY ACHIEVE 313,000BAHT / M2 AND SOLD 40% (88 UNITS). NOT BAD SIGN FOR LUXURY REAL ESTATE
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #19
alive555

Plaza Athenee

Yes the actual construction and finishing is terrible. In fact one persons view is that its the worst he had ever seen in his entire life; that bad.
alive555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #20
Speed

hmm..Athenee residence is the worst he has ever seen in his life?! really? not credible in my opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alive555 View Post
Yes the actual construction and finishing is terrible. In fact one persons view is that its the worst he had ever seen in his entire life; that bad.