daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Fórum Português > Arquitectura e Urbanismo > Porto > Projectos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #2821
Lino
'tou na lua...

Likes (Received): 2388

E não poderiam arranjar forma de a rua General Torres passar por baixo da estação?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RuiG21 liked this post
Lino no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM   #2822
smasher_marques

Likes (Received): 123

Aleluia! Mexidas na Costa Cabral. Espero é que a fiscalização seja mesmo severa

Tiago_20 liked this post
smasher_marques no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #2823
Lino
'tou na lua...

Likes (Received): 2388

vi andaimes neste prédio na esquina da Rua dos Clérigos com a Nicolau Nasoni. Boa!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tiago_20 liked this post
Lino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #2824
Andre_Filipe

Likes (Received): 1624

Aqui têm o link para o estudo da requalificação de Costa Cabral http://www.porto.pt/assets/misc/docu...a%20Cabral.pdf
Andre_Filipe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #2825
1. Caravaggio
Eudaimonia

Likes (Received): 1188

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/new...123/story.html

PORTO, Portugal — Smoke hung heavily over this hilly city, broken by flickering flames, when I mustered my courage, plunged into the crowd and brought down my bright-green hammer on a stranger’s head.

“Bom Sao Joao!” — “Happy St. John!” — the grey-haired man beamed as he hit me back, the circus-like squeaks of our soft plastic hammers inducting me into the celebration of Porto’s patron saint.

All around, tens of thousands of equally armed revelers were indulging in other local St. John rituals — devouring sardines off the smoky outdoor grills and sending papier-mache mini hot-air balloons heavenward.

From late spring to fall, virtually all Spanish and Portuguese cities –from capitals to hamlets — turn into movable feasts in honour of their patrons.

The multiday, multigenerational revelries provide unique occasions to experience the distinct cultures together with locals at their proudest and perkiest. Here are some details on four Iberian holy days that I’ve enjoyed.

PORTO’S SAO JOAO

Aside from the elaborate creches with St. John figurines in many courtyards, religion is hardly on display during the all-night party or the next day, when the protagonist is this northern Portuguese city’s namesake wine.

A regatta of “rabelos,” the boats that once transported barrels, sails from the Atlantic mouth of the Douro River to the historic centre crowded with blue tile-covered buildings, Port flowing in profusion among the fans well before noon.

Knowing this, I secretly welcomed my friends’ mournful announcement, a couple of hours past the midnight fireworks, that we should begin to walk home because their 4-year-old son was tired.

Swinging the last hits with my squeaking martelo among jubilant festa-goers, I thought again that few know how to party like Iberian saint celebrants.
1. Caravaggio no está en línea   Reply With Quote