daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai

Mumbai Project news from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region - Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane
» skyscrapers and supertalls | highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #501
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterpoint View Post
If you didn't read my post, where did I say I didn't buy it for myself? And you don't know me, expect for post on here and you sticking your nose into everything, and don't worry about me donating or not.
WTF are you saying? Speak English. Besides, this is an open forum, so don't tell me what I can and can't do if you can't seem to follow simple rules yourself.
KB335ci2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 28th, 2015, 08:31 AM   #502
Shatterpoint

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB335ci2 View Post
WTF are you saying? Speak English. Besides, this is an open forum, so don't tell me what I can and can't do if you can't seem to follow simple rules yourself.
Well thanks on giving me advice on poverty in India, I guess I need that since I had no idea that 400 million people live below that line.
Shatterpoint no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #503
KB335ci2
MH01/KA12

Likes (Received): 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterpoint View Post
Well thanks on giving me advice on poverty in India, I guess I need that since I had no idea that 400 million people live below that line.
You're welcome. Now, stick to the subject of the thread you post in instead of going off on a tangent every single time.

bkbs liked this post
KB335ci2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2015, 03:14 AM   #504
akbarsyed

Likes (Received): 959

bigger-homes-at-dharavi-hinge-on-central-clearance-says-cm-devendra-fadnavis-

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-bigger-homes-at-dharavi-hinge-on-central-clearance-says-cm-devendra-fadnavis-2084117

It is still uncertain if residents of Dharavi will get tenements of above 300 sq ft. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday said that if clearance from the ministry of civil aviation for taller buildings in Dharavi comes in, it will be possible to give bigger tenements as part of the Dharavi Redevelopment Project.

Furthermore, the stalemate is still on whether Bombay Development Directorate (BDD) chawls in Mumbai will be redeveloped by Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (Mhada) or private builders.
However, Fadnavis did not confirm if the demands of Dharavi residents of 400 sq ft will be met with. "There are restrictions over height of buildings by the ministry of civil aviation. We will discuss with them, if we get permission to construct taller structures, it will be possible to provide homes with over 300 sq ft," said Fadnavis.

Mhada has reached the tendering stage of the Dharavi redevelopment project.

Speaking about redevelopment of BDD chawls that has been on the cards for over 15 years now, the CM shared: "We will take a decision on it by preparing plans for the redevelopment to be done through Mhada. This will be shared with BDD chawl residents and a public hearing will be held. There will be transparency in the entire process."

Attempts are being made through residents to opt for redevelopment through private by developers. However, according to Fadnavis, opting with Mhada has more benefits as private builders will not be able to give as many facilities as the government housing body.

These British-era chawls occupy 93 acres across Worli, Naigaon, NM Joshi Marg and Sewri. The three-storey buildings, home to nearly 16,553 families, contain 160-sq-ft cramped tenements with common bathrooms and toilets.

The redevelopment project may cost the state exchequer over Rs2,500 crore. The project will comprise new houses of up to 550 sq ft, and will also yield a stock of low-cost houses for general sale.

patel2897 liked this post
akbarsyed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2015, 03:22 AM   #505
akbarsyed

dharavi-dreams-back-on-drawing-board-with-promise-of-bigger-houses

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/dharavi-dreams-back-on-drawing-board-with-promise-of-bigger-houses/

The ambitious metamorphosis of Dharavi’s slums into planned high-rise clusters, open spaces and adequate social amenities is back on the drawing board, more than a decade after it was first planned, six months after a regime change in the state.
Not only that, the BJP-Shiv Sena government is now thinking of offering bigger houses of 400-square-feet for slum residents instead of the 300-square-feet houses the previous government had proposed. Giving Dharavi residents houses measuring 400 square feet free of cost had been a long-standing demand of the Shiv Sena, whose MLA Ravindra Waikar is now the minister of state for housing.
Related
Lone building ready under Dharavi revamp plan lying vacant for months
Want to change Dharavi’s identity as Asia’s largest slum: Baburao Mane
High-rise bhoomipujan cancelled for 3rd time
Ahead of the Assembly elections last year, the previous Congress-NCP government had almost finalised a draft development plan for the 240-hectare sprawl and envisaged setting up 300-square-feet free houses for those to be rehabilitated. The draft plan and the tender documents had only needed the former chief minister’s nod for the project to get off the drawing board.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who reviewed the project on Thursday, said, “We have to still decide if we should give houses of 300 square feet or 400 square feet in the Dharavi redevelopment plan before calling for tenders.”
Fadnavis said that giving 400-square-foot houses to the eligible slumdwellers will necessitate granting the developers more area in the sale component. “Since Dharavi lies close to the airport, there are height restrictions on the buildings so we might have to compensate the developers by giving Transfer of Development Rights, which could impact the project’s viability for them. We will discuss with the Ministry of Civil Aviation whether the height restrictions can be relaxed,” the chief minister said.
Buildings coming up in proximity to the airport have to get a ‘no objection certificate’ for a height clearance from the Airports Authority of India to ensure that the airspace around airports is free of any obstacles and highrises do not interfere with radar signals or flight paths.
NCP’s Sachin Ahir, who was minister of state, housing, in the previous government, said, “Everything was ready under our government.
The only formality was the chief minister’s approval, before which the government changed. It is unfortunate that Dharavi residents will have to wait longer for the project. The government should not look at this as a political issue, but a human issue.”
- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/dharavi-dreams-back-on-drawing-board-with-promise-of-bigger-houses/#sthash.XRgOpbip.dpuf
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:50 AM   #506
akbarsyed

dharavi-revamp-maharashtra-to-ask-civil-aviation-ministry-to-ease-norms

http://m.hindustantimes.com/mumbai/dharavi-revamp-maharashtra-to-ask-civil-aviation-ministry-to-ease-norms/article1-1345007.aspx

Dharavi revamp project: Maharashtra to ask civil aviation ministry to ease norms
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Mumbai| Updated: May 07, 2015 23:05 IST
The Maharashtra government will request the civil aviation ministry to ease rules for the Dharavi revamp project.

At present, many locations in Dharavi fall in the funnel zone (aircraft take-off and landing path), as a result of which there are height restrictions. This is affecting the viability of the Dharavi redevelopment scheme.

According to chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, though the final tender is ready, there are some issues that need to be addressed. “There are height restrictions, which are creating a viability problem. Though Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) could be given to the builders, viability still remains an issue,” said Fadnavis. He said various options were presented before him in the presentation given by the Dharavi Redevelopment Authority (DRA). “We will ask the civil aviation ministry whether they can ease restrictions for the project,” he said.

DRA has come up with a comprehensive plan, which includes floating global tenders and sets a time frame for the redevelopment of India’s largest slum. The plan includes global tenders for the four sectors that will be redeveloped, a seven-year deadline to rehabilitate all slum-dwellers, and issuing work orders within 90 days of tendering the bids.

However, the plan seems to have been kept on hold as the state government does not want any problems to crop up.

The Dharavi residents, meanwhile expressed disappointment with the turn of events. “What kind of planning has the DRP done from the past 11 years?” asked Baburao Mane, president, Dharavi Bachao Andolan. “We have not been able to undertake redevelopment from the last 11 years and Dharavi residents continue to languish in slums,” he said.

patel2897 liked this post