daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Kuwait > Projects

Old December 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM   #1
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

Likes (Received): 3

#ON HOLD :"Square Capital Complex",70F,376M,Mixed-use

Owner : Al Dar National Real Estate Company
Floors/Hight : 63F/351M
Construction Start : Unknown
Construction End : Unknown

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Last edited by Skoulikimou; July 26th, 2006 at 03:11 PM.
Skoulikimou no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 1st, 2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

this one is approved as far as i know
the tower is some 1150 feet tall, about 330m

architects is norr http://www.norrlimited.com
Old December 17th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #3
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

picture taken from kuwait municipality web site

Last edited by Skoulikimou; May 4th, 2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old December 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #4
KuwaitLover

Likes (Received): 0

I think height is 50f only. You can check it here

http://www.adnrec.com/En%20final.pdf
KuwaitLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

the 50F that was the old design , im not sure how many floors the new design will have but must be more than 50F

Old December 18th, 2005, 11:51 AM   #6
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

we have to wait for the 2005 annual report

Old December 19th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #7
khalil
khalil

dear sir would you mind to send for me more information about(capital tower)
my email is aluminiumkw@yahoo.com
sales manager
khalil alayoubi
khalil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #8
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalil
dear sir would you mind to send for me more information about(capital tower)
my email is aluminiumkw@yahoo.com
sales manager
khalil alayoubi
Mr khalil alayoubi ,

i think it would be better for you if contact Al Dar National Real Estate Company , im sure they will provide you with all the information that you are looking for ,after all they are the owner of the project .

Old December 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #9
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

Likes (Received): 7

OMG amazing design have a look at the base absolutely stunning...
who is architect for this one?
ah ok i see, norr, they really do have a great portfolio afterall..
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM   #10
Gilgamesh

Likes (Received): 12

How could I miss this one? It's a beauty!
Gilgamesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 06:07 AM   #11
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Can they get more futuristic than this? I want one in my city!!!
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:18 AM   #12
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

يوسف السميط: »ادنك« مهتمة بمشروع برج العاصمة بتكلفة 90 مليون دينار

على ان الشركة تولي اهتماما خاصا لتنفيذ مشروعها الكبير في العاصمة الكويت والذي لقي اشادة من المسؤولين والمختصين كونه يضيف بعدا عمرانيا وحضاريا لوسط العاصمة مما جعل الشركة تطلق عليه اسم »برج العاصمة« الذي سيكون درة تزين الطابع المعماري الجديد لدولة الكويت، كما يساهم هذا المشروع في توفير بنية تحتية متقدمة لعاصمتها المالية والتجارية.
وعدد رئيس مجلس الادارة للشركة مزايا مشروع برج العاصمة قائلا: ان هذا المشروع الذي استهلت به الدار الوطنية للعقارات مشاريع التطوير يعد من اهم وابرز المشاريع العقارية في الكويت حيث تبلغ مساحته الاجمالية نحو 6.400 متر مربع ويحتل موقعا مميزا يطل على ثلاثة شوارع رئيسية.، مضيفا ان الكلفة الاجمالية المتوقعة للمشروع ستكون نحو 90 مليون دينار

Old March 8th, 2006, 03:52 AM   #13
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 213

Wow, amazing tower!! Love the way the main tower is sort of dangling off the edge, supported by those helix.

Both SSP and Emporis have this one as under construction? Is that true? Both sites have it listed at 351 metres and 63 floors.

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #14
technoHuman
In the brig

hi this is my first msg , this tower will include the square hotel managed by refad hotels u can check it here http://www.refad.com/square_capitaltower_kw.htm
technoHuman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #15
Bu Yusef

Project Preview

Capital Tower project aims to develop and construct a landmark complex which comprises of commercial offices, retail shops and hotel services in the heart of Kuwait city. This massing concept consists of 50 story tower including business offices and a luxuries hotel comprising 200-230 rooms and furnished apartments.

The structure will be on a single piece of land covering an area of 6393 square meters in Sharq area. The construction plot is considered as one of the largest plots of land owned by the private sector in largest plots of land owned by the private sector in the middle of the commercial area in Kuwait City.

The plot is located in a very strategic position in Sharq area, overlooking the waterfront and bounded by Ahmed Al-Jaber St., Jaber Al-Mubark St., and Abdullah Al-Ahmed St. This project is aimed to be a landmark and a signature in the country, considering the design, sublime and developed services which it comprises.

The hotel is a unique and luxurious piece of art providing marvelous and high class services to businessmen and tourist. The hotel will be managed according to the highest international management standards by international hotels Management Company.

Total project cost of the project including land and constructions approximated KD 88 million. The project will financed partially from the company's capital. Constructional mobilization period of the project will be 4 and a half years. Operations are expected to commence beginning of 2009 bearing in mind that’s the project construction period has been divided into three phases.

Highly experienced consultants will monitor each of the project stages to ensure final and timely completion of the project.

http://www.adnrec.com/capitaltower.htm
Bu Yusef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #16
Ikarus_q8

cooooool , wounder when will it get built ?
Ikarus_q8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #17
ChaoticTranquility
From Miami to Ibiza.

Location: Kuwait City (KWT), London (UK), New York City (USA)

hey guys.

the hotel in the Capital Tower will be managed by a new Kuwaiti hotel company called Refad Hotels & Resorts, which has several brands. the hotel in the tower will managed under the company's five-star Square brand and will be called The Square Capital Tower when it opens in 2009. there is more information available:

the hotel company's page: http://www.refad.com/
the Square Capital Tower: http://www.refad.com/square_capitaltower_kw.htm

as much as i love to see Kuwait expanding and investing, i personally would hate to see a hotel like this managed by a Kuwaiti hotel company. i've been to several Safir Hotels in Kuwait, such as the Safir International Hotel and the new Marina Hotel at Marina Mall. the Safir International is in dire need of a renovation, and BOTH hotels have terrible staff. i was once asking a reception staff member in the Safir International where the bathrooms were, and his reply was "I don't know, look for it yourself. Maybe it's somewhere on this floor," and he just turned his back and walked off. The Marina Hotel's staff have the same attitude.

i know someone who works with the Marina Mall Management, and this person told me that the Management got interest from several hotel groups to manage the property, such as Kempinski, Marriott, Rosewood, Cerruti, Movenpick, Hilton, Safir, and various others. the only reason the Management gave the hotel to Safir was to avoid 'future management problems with the hotel' and 'it was a safer, more affordable venture than to operate the hotel with an international company.' Kuwaiti hotel groups are also practically unknown in the outside world; therefore, they lack prestige and common knowledge.

i wish that Kuwaiti investors would open up more and allow foreign companies to play a role in Kuwait's renaissance. if the hotel in the Capital Tower truly was managed by a foreign group, it would make a bigger impact on the Kuwaiti and Middle Eastern hospitality industry. we'll see what happens.

kuwaiti_patriot
ChaoticTranquility no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #18
ChaoticTranquility
From Miami to Ibiza.

hey guys.

the hotel in the Capital Tower will be managed by a new Kuwaiti hotel company called Refad Hotels & Resorts, which has several brands. the hotel in the tower will managed under the company's five-star Square brand and will be called The Square Capital Tower when it opens in 2009. there is more information available:

the hotel company's page: http://www.refad.com/
the Square Capital Tower: http://www.refad.com/square_capitaltower_kw.htm

as much as i love to see Kuwait expanding and investing, i personally would hate to see a hotel like this managed by a Kuwaiti hotel company. i've been to several Safir Hotels in Kuwait, such as the Safir International Hotel and the new Marina Hotel at Marina Mall. the Safir International is in dire need of a renovation, and BOTH hotels have terrible staff. i was once asking a reception staff member in the Safir International where the bathrooms were, and his reply was "I don't know, look for it yourself. Maybe it's somewhere on this floor," and he just turned his back and walked off. The Marina Hotel's staff have the same attitude.

i know someone who works with the Marina Mall Management, and this person told me that the Management got interest from several hotel groups to manage the property, such as Kempinski, Marriott, Rosewood, Cerruti, Movenpick, Hilton, Safir, and various others. the only reason the Management gave the hotel to Safir was to avoid 'future management problems with the hotel' and 'it was a safer, more affordable venture than to operate the hotel with an international company.' Kuwaiti hotel groups are also practically unknown in the outside world; therefore, they lack prestige and common knowledge.

i wish that Kuwaiti investors would open up more and allow foreign companies to play a role in Kuwait's renaissance. if the hotel in the Capital Tower truly was managed by a foreign group, it would make a bigger impact on the Kuwaiti and Middle Eastern hospitality industry. we'll see what happens.

kuwaiti_patriot

P.S. Ikarus_98, the tower is under construction right now and will finish in 2009.
Old March 17th, 2006, 12:13 AM   #19
Koweitien

No but this Refad Hotel chain seems quite good. About the Marina Hotel I've heard so much about how good this hotel is (actually u're the first person I've heard say that the hotel isn't great) and you should tell the management if you get mistreated by any of their staff
Koweitien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #20
ChaoticTranquility
From Miami to Ibiza.

Hello.

Dubliner, the Marina Hotel is amazing, without a doubt. It's got beautifully large rooms, amazing fitness facilities, and a cool décor. It's just the staff. And I've had bad experiences with reporting attitude to the Management. Once, I called the Management to tell them about a bad experience, and the person on the phone literally told me (word for word after cutting me off in mid-sentence): "I have better things to do than listen to this." And then she hung up the phone. Personally, I would prefer to see the hotel as a new Hilton or Marriott or something. We'll see what happens later. Thank you!

kuwaiti_patriot