daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Home Counties and South West England

Old December 15th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #1
Gee31

Likes (Received):

Bristol Metro Area???

Please build a Folder which has the title "Bristol Metro Area"

Theres alot going on in this city and I think it should be there especially as its bigger than some of the citys that have already got their folders...

Thank You.

Sponsored Links

Old December 15th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #2
di Livio

Likes (Received): 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee31 View Post
Please build a Folder which has the title "Bristol Metro Area"

Theres alot going on in this city and I think it should be there especially as its bigger than some of the citys that have already got their folders...

Thank You.

Aye, but is there much construction going on in Bath?
di Livio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Gee31

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by di Livio View Post
Aye, but is there much construction going on in Bath?
Acually the Bristol Metro Area has loads of constrution going on... Bath is only another small part but there should be a folder just for Bristol if anything as its one of the Major Hotspots for construction and Development in the entire UK!!!

Bath also does has schemes and construction going on from New Shopping centers to the BATH SPA project... check out http://www.southgatebath.co.uk/ for the new shopping center they are building...

The Bristol Metro Area (Or Greater Bristol as its somtimes known) is actually a very big area and has well over a million people living and working in it...

Thank You
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #4
dronkula

Likes (Received): 7

The problem is that the current 'Bristol Development' thread isn't exactly busy at the moment.

If that, and a 'Bath' thread had thousands of posts in it, then yeah - create a Greater Bristol folder. But as they're not, then there's no point - it's just extra hassle.
dronkula no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #5
Gee31

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronkula View Post
The problem is that the current 'Bristol Development' thread isn't exactly busy at the moment.

If that, and a 'Bath' thread had thousands of posts in it, then yeah - create a Greater Bristol folder. But as they're not, then there's no point - it's just extra hassle.
If there was a folder more people would interested in posting... It would be eaiser to find the Developments that are happening in Bristol and Surrounding areas... Hassel??? Its just the creation of a FOLDER!!!
Old December 15th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #6
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 142

You need a certain amount of posters before you can have a folder. You can't just have one because you think more will come if you do.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #7
paulmat
▀∂NNED

Likes (Received): 8

Even the East Midland's hasn't got a folder yet, so I'm not sure there should be one for Bristol.
paulmat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #8
pfeatherstone

Likes (Received): 0

got some good pics of bristol broadmead at work..large development in bristol, new shopping centre i believe?
pfeatherstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #9
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 302

This is getting tiresome. I wish new people would stop coming along and asking for a metro forum for their own city without being able to justify it. I've been quietly contributing to the Preston thread for 3 years now... and not once have I asked for a metro forum (well, not seriously anyway :P ) and we get far more activity than Bristol, or Nottingham for that matter.
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 01:37 AM   #10
ranny fash
quacked

Likes (Received): 26

^hmmmm.....
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #11
Johnvb

Likes (Received): 18

any updates in bristol? im back in aus and am dying to see!
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #12
Gee31

Likes (Received):

Hello,

Check out the main Bristol Thread (Bristol Developments) and there absoultly loads going on there...
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #13
rottersclub

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee31 View Post
If there was a folder more people would interested in posting... It would be eaiser to find the Developments that are happening in Bristol and Surrounding areas... Hassel??? Its just the creation of a FOLDER!!!
I actually read some of the other construction threads in the main generic folder, but rarely go into them when they are subdivided (I used to read the Leicester one, but can't be bothered now it's vanished into a new folder). I'd prefer it if each city had a main thread in the generic area then regional folders for the other more local discussions. I'm not interested in a lot of the local stuff, but interested in a "main" thread.
rottersclub no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: