daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area > Greater Manchester Transport Projects

Greater Manchester Transport Projects Transport Matters For Greater Manchester and Surrounding Areas

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1793 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #49941
Samgeorge965

Likes (Received): 40

Once again the Rochdale line is suspended due to vandalism.
Sam
Samgeorge965 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:32 PM   #49942
Johnny de Rivative
Nostalgia Yet to Come

Likes (Received): 11480

Oh

Unfortunately the lighting at Edge Lane has gone walkabout again, leaving 50% of the platform edges in darkness on these Winter afternoons. However, they have salted all the pedestrian areas.

Metrolink Full Chronology http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...age=1068#21357
Midland Metro Tour of future route New Street<>Centenary Square<>Edgbaston http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...&page=458#9158
Midland Metro Tour of future route Bull Street<>HS2 Birmingham Curzon<>Deritend http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...984&page=6#109
Johnny de Rivative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:32 PM   #49943
marni1971

Likes (Received): 2683

Is the time coming where glass windows should be swapped for plastic or similar?

What a world we live in.
marni1971 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:48 PM   #49944
Freel07

Likes (Received): 15053

Quote:
Originally Posted by marni1971 View Post
Is the time coming where glass windows should be swapped for plastic or similar?

What a world we live in.
It wouldn't be compliant with the relevant standards for passenger vehicle glazing I'm afraid. The the missiles don't generally penetrate the glass because not only is it laminated but it has a plastic film on the inside as well which tends to retain the broken pieces. But it must be a very scary thing to be sitting next to a window when it gets hit. I did once suffer a similar thing on a train between Victoria and Ashton when ballast was thrown at it and the door vestibule window next to me shattered.

Catching the idiots will be difficult unless they get a bit too confident and hang around to see the results of their stupidity.

Last edited by Freel07; November 20th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Freel07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 11:25 AM   #49945
jockblue

Likes (Received): 254

3018’s Call of Duty vinyls are much more disruptive to passengers than any other example I’ve seen to date. Travelled on it last night and it was impossible to see where you were at stops unless you were near the doors. There is a further advert along the entire roof of the inner cabins making the interior feel much more clostraphobic as well.

X666, Johnny de Rivative, paulw3726 liked this post
jockblue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:32 AM   #49946
MK Tom

Likes (Received): 323

Couple of Metrolink photos from my trip to the ELR on Saturday:

https://mkttransportphoto.smugmug.co...2017/i-nSTDVh8

Enjoy!

Please check out my MKT Transport Media website and Youtube channel for my transport photography and videos.

Johnny de Rivative, r02bapurdie liked this post
MK Tom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 03:56 AM   #49947
Matthew_

Likes (Received): 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianlstar View Post
We've have just published the 2018 fare tables as open data which means that you can reuse the information for your own projects and analysis without restriction. This compliments the 2017 fare tables published a couple of months ago. The data can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/972pr1su0...4YzrseB3a?dl=0

We will be doing some human friendly tables over the next couple of days.

If you see any mistakes please let us know as it is only through feedback that these things get better.
I just went to have a look at this, and it says "Folder Empty"
Matthew_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 05:22 PM   #49948
paulw3726
Paulw3726

Likes (Received): 267

Not a good morning on the trams with points "issue" at Piccadilly delta around 0715, level crossing barrier at NavRd problem causing trAms to terminate at Navy Rd, and failed tram at Radcliffe leading to suspension of Bury to Queens Rd trams for couple of hours.
paulw3726 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 06:45 PM   #49949
r02bapurdie
Andrew

Likes (Received): 4441

It seems like they having few problems with points/signals today as signals in Newbold area failed earlier in result of trams termination at Shaw instead of Rochdale.

Posted on Metrolink photographs and comments thread last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r02bapurdie View Post
Thanks Berlin.

Travel on Oldham/Rochdale line and same can't be said about stops been free of litter/rubbish as at Freehold, Monsall, Shaw or Failsworth stops there quite lot of litter on tracks or next to line.
Nice to see Metrolink staff at HQ read Skyscrapercity.com as I notice today that tracks at Freehold stop is now clean and free of litter. I think they going along ORL and cleaning litter from line as notice King St stop have also (look like) clean too as isn't much litter at that stop.
r02bapurdie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 06:55 PM   #49950
r02bapurdie
Andrew

Likes (Received): 4441

On 26th & 27th November there be no early morning service's along Airport line mean replacement bus service will run between 3am to 6am from Airport to Deansgate.

Quote:
Sunday 26 and Monday 27 November - Manchester Airport line

No trams will run between Manchester Airport and Deansgate-Castlefield from the start of service at 3am until approximately 5.45am. Bus replacement services will operate during this time. Information boards will be updated on each day and staff will collect passengers from platforms.
https://www.tfgm.com/public-transport/tram
4,000 likes achieve on 2nd January 2017

Thanks to everyone who liked my posts. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrolink_work/
r02bapurdie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2017, 07:03 PM   #49951
Samgeorge965

Quote:
Originally Posted by r02bapurdie View Post
On 26th & 27th November there be no early morning service's along Airport line mean replacement bus service will run between 3am to 6am from Airport to Deansgate.

https://www.tfgm.com/public-transport/tram
Intriguing last sentence, I cannot imagine that there will have staff at each station on the Airport line, so presumably it will be the bus driver that will go out and check that there is no one waiting for the bus?
Sam
Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:35 PM   #49952
radamfi

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samgeorge965 View Post
Once again the Rochdale line is suspended due to vandalism.
I visit my mum in Rochdale every 3 weeks and usually take the opportunity to travel on the tram, given that I've known about the tram proposals since I was a kid in the 80s. Given that I only travel on it twice every 3 weeks (there and back), it is remarkable that I experience so much anti-social behaviour on this line. I posted words to this effect a few years ago and got heavily criticised for mentioning that on here. But now I read this thread again and I see confirmation from several posters that this line is particularly bad. I've probably experienced more anti-social behaviour on Metrolink on my visits than on my entire commuting life in south-east England (over 20 years), including travelling on overnight trains and late night trains at the weekend.

Motortownman liked this post
radamfi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 11:58 AM   #49953
mikemcniven
Photographer

Likes (Received): 2581

Metrolink: The first 25 years is now available at the TfGM Travelshop at Piccadilly, see TfGM.com for details (right hand column coloured brown)
mikemcniven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:31 PM   #49954
mikemcniven
Photographer

Metrolink update ahead of the 1/12/17 meeting https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov...capital_update

(Metrolink focused meeting the week after where I suspect they will discuss the January timetable changes)

Key points (summarised)
- Victoria working and fully tested, training to be complete by year end
- Defects and remedial work at 2CC/Victoria interaction continue to be sorted by Network Rail
- Works progressing at Crumpsall

bogblaster, Berlin Manc, r02bapurdie liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 05:23 PM   #49955
Samgeorge965

Rochdale line is suspended between Shaw and Rochdale due to signalling issues with tickets being accepted on 58,59,81,83, 181 and 182 as well as Northern services.
Sam
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:19 PM   #49956
Freel07

Likes (Received): 15053

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamfi View Post
I visit my mum in Rochdale every 3 weeks and usually take the opportunity to travel on the tram, given that I've known about the tram proposals since I was a kid in the 80s. Given that I only travel on it twice every 3 weeks (there and back), it is remarkable that I experience so much anti-social behaviour on this line. I posted words to this effect a few years ago and got heavily criticised for mentioning that on here. But now I read this thread again and I see confirmation from several posters that this line is particularly bad. I've probably experienced more anti-social behaviour on Metrolink on my visits than on my entire commuting life in south-east England (over 20 years), including travelling on overnight trains and late night trains at the weekend.
I noticed a while ago that in the TfGM Rail Performance notes there was reference to the fact that the Rochdale area was a hot spot for antisocial behaviour on heavy rail as well. Seem to be a common problem not restricted to Metrolink although it has to be said that much of the line seems to suffer not just Rochdale.
Freel07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:32 PM   #49957
martin2345uk
Następny Przystanek

Likes (Received): 1821

Rochdale line part suspended again due to another act of vandalism.
martin2345uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 08:46 AM   #49958
M60lad

Likes (Received): 42

Another day another points failure at Newbold meaning no trams from Shaw & Crompton in both directions, not to sure what the problem is or whether they know what the problem is but getting a regular occurance this week.
M60lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:00 AM   #49959
mikemcniven
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60lad View Post
Another day another points failure at Newbold meaning no trams from Shaw & Crompton in both directions, not to sure what the problem is or whether they know what the problem is but getting a regular occurance this week.
Hopefully since they have suspended it so early it will be closed for the day so they can fix/replace the equipment
Old November 24th, 2017, 06:21 PM   #49960
MarkO

Likes (Received): 255

Enjoyed having a right good old anoraky natter about Metrolink on BBC Radio Manchester with Mike Sweeney this morning:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05mn35d (Scroll in to about 1h40m).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: