daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #121
jb2020
jb2020
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jb
Posts: 1,128
Likes (Received): 288

hopefully the second tower for City Square will be materialized, also with the UMLand plan, to develop office tower juz infront of the komtar, which will make jb cbd skyline more dense..
jb2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #122
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by logorithm View Post
Fcuk you.

This is what you get when you wanna cari gaduh.
Funny, not interested in fighting you at all, especially for a foul-mouthed person. Can't you see I'm trying to show how KOMTAR's long construction doesn't make a lot of sense....not referring to what you do.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #123
logorithm
Registered User
 
logorithm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 547
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Funny, not interested in fighting you at all, especially for a foul-mouthed person. Can't you see I'm trying to show how KOMTAR's long construction doesn't make a lot of sense....not referring to what you do.
Talk is cheap. There's no need for you to show anybody anything. You are not in their shoes, you have no idea what is happening. You think every project will be smooth sailing all the way? Then there will be no abandoned projects. So please stop concluding that Jcorp is broke because of corruption. That is called big-mouth, which is worst than foul-mouth.

And BTW, your question shoulda been put this way:

"DID it take years like KOMTAR to put in a basement structure/foundation too?"

Then I woulda answered, "No, it didn't".

So please don't open your big mouth when there's no need for you to do so.
logorithm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #124
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese
 
Mith252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 17,476
Likes (Received): 3261

Now, people, be nice. Anything related to politics, please discuss it at you-know-where and not here.

Anyway, thanks for the info, logorithm. Usually, in Singapore, there would be one main contractor for the entire project. So, this is the first time for me hearing this.
__________________
MAN CITY FAN SINCE 1999!!
KEVIN DE BRUYNE WILL SHOW THE WAY...
Mith252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #125
ideal jb
Registered User
 
ideal jb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 253
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by logorithm View Post
Fcuk you.

This is what you get when you wanna cari gaduh.
You could’ve said no it didn’t and gone on to how long approx. that stage took to finish. Since you had a project and is well versed on it, readers lacking your good experience can gain more from your insight to the construction side of things instead of “F U”… But seriously, that place really look like a skateboarder’s ring to me too for quite a long time. Patience have its limits, we can only show concerns as outsider that’s all but can’t do anything to stop them from giving the plc. a bad impression. Their inactivity does provide a not so upbeat impression and implication to the market, despite what they planned for the site.
ideal jb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #126
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by logorithm View Post
Talk is cheap. There's no need for you to show anybody anything. You are not in their shoes, you have no idea what is happening. You think every project will be smooth sailing all the way? Then there will be no abandoned projects. So please stop concluding that Jcorp is broke because of corruption. That is called big-mouth, which is worst than foul-mouth.

And BTW, your question shoulda been put this way:

"DID it take years like KOMTAR to put in a basement structure/foundation too?"

Then I woulda answered, "No, it didn't".

So please don't open your big mouth when there's no need for you to do so.
Abandoned projects are only created when there is bad planning and developers have insufficient capital. When there is sufficient funds, project would slow down to a crawl. Do you see lots of abandoned projects in Penang, Petaling Jaya, Kuching or Singapore? They have prudent planning, simple as that, period.

So with my quesiton, why didn't you just answer "No, it didn't"...and laugh it off? Swearing makes you feel all macho and stuff huh? That "fcuk you" was totally unwarranted. But that's fine, people here can see what kind of person you are.

Last edited by Vince; July 26th, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #127
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideal jb View Post
You could’ve said no it didn’t and gone on to how long approx. that stage took to finish. Since you had a project and is well versed on it, readers lacking your good experience can gain more from your insight to the construction side of things instead of “F U”… But seriously, that place really look like a skateboarder’s ring to me too for quite a long time. Patience have its limits, we can only show concerns as outsider that’s all but can’t do anything to stop them from giving the plc. a bad impression. Their inactivity does provide a not so upbeat impression and implication to the market, despite what they planned for the site.
It took 3.5 years to build that skateboard ring and we have someone here being so defensive about it. Makes no sense....
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #128
logorithm
Registered User
 
logorithm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 547
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Abandoned projects are only created when there is bad planning and developers have insufficient capital. When there is sufficient funds, project would slow down to a crawl. Do you see lots of abandoned projects in Penang, Petaling Jaya, Kuching or Singapore? They have prudent planning, simple as that, period.

So with my quesiton, why didn't you just answer "No, it didn't"...and laugh it off? Swearing makes you feel all macho and stuff huh? That "fcuk you" was totally unwarranted. But that's fine, people here can see what kind of person you are.
Uhuh... and that's why you concluded that JCorp was broke because of corruption? And are you sure that's all that will cause a project to stall? Clearly you assumed too much.

I did not answer "No' I didn't", because wrong question gets wrong answer. As simple as that. Wrong question because it didn't even appear as a question, but rather a sarcastic remark implying that Lumina Kiara too had the same problem for employing the same strategy.

Although you appear to speak perfect English, it makes a huge difference between 'did' and does'. Think about it.

Nope, my swearing is reserved for big-mouthed people only.
logorithm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #129
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 6,534
Likes (Received): 1377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Abandoned projects are only created when there is bad planning and developers have insufficient capital. When there is sufficient funds, project would slow down to a crawl. Do you see lots of abandoned projects in Penang, Petaling Jaya, Kuching or Singapore? They have prudent planning, simple as that, period.

So with my quesiton, why didn't you just answer "No, it didn't"...and laugh it off? Swearing makes you feel all macho and stuff huh? That "fcuk you" was totally unwarranted. But that's fine, people here can see what kind of person you are.
1st u attack jcorp, a company
then u uphold ur argument by giving example of city council

oh theres a big project thats been crawling for years call sport hub at kallang
ever heard of that??

so by ur logic singapore goverment are corrupt? is that right?
__________________
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #130
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

delete

Last edited by Vince; July 27th, 2011 at 12:27 AM.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #131
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
1st u attack jcorp, a company
then u uphold ur argument by giving example of city council

oh theres a big project thats been crawling for years call sport hub at kallang
ever heard of that??

so by ur logic singapore goverment are corrupt? is that right?
Wiki:
Singapore Sports Hub
The Singapore Sports Hub is a proposed sports complex located in Kallang, Singapore to be built on the present site of the National Stadium, which was officially closed on 30 June 2007 and demolition started on 29 September 2010. Construction will begin in 2011, with the foundations laid by February 2011, and is expected to be opened by April 2014.[2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JB KOMTAR

Original posted by rizalhakim
Big upgrade on Komtar
By ZAZALI MUSA
December 2007
TheStar

JOHOR BARU: Johor Corp (JCorp) is allocating RM55mil to upgrade the retail area of Komtar, one of the earliest commercial buildings in the central business district, in a move to attract more shoppers back to the 29-year-old building.

A well-known shopping centre in the 1980s and early 90s, Komtar started losing its shine with the opening of Johor Baru City Square mall next door and Plaza Angsana about 5km away.

“We have to keep up with the times if Komtar wants to steal the limelight again,” JCorp chief executive officer Tan Sri Muhammad Ali Hashim said at the launch of the upgrading work recently.

Renovation work on the retail area has started and will take 18 months to complete.

Tan Sri Muhammad Ali Hashim showing artist’s impressions of Komtar after the upgrading work.
The retail area will be expanded to 15,280 sq m from 12,056 sq m currently and the podium area will have an “eco-centric” theme.

“We have started marketing the 'new Komtar' and are currently talking with a few potential anchor tenants,” said Ali, adding that 27 of the 58 tenants had agreed to return in 2009.

He said shoppers could expect big names in the retail industry to open outlets here.

Also in the pipeline were plans to develop the 1.2ha open car park area beside the building into a shopping mall and an office tower.

Ali said the upgrading work and the new development plan would boost the image of Komtar again in view of its strategic location in the Iskandar Development Region.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



On JCorp's RM6 bil debt
Dec 2010

Will Johor Corp sell KFC?
By RISEN JAYASEELAN
[email protected]


IT'S not just finger-licking fried chicken that KFC Holdings (M) Bhd serves up in Malaysia. You can always count on it for a good corporate story. Every now and then, some parties will start fighting for control over it, or more accurately, for the free cash flows the retailer churns out.

In that sense, nothing's new this time around. A number of parties have made competing bids to buy QSR Brands Bhd, the parent of KFC. But interestingly, Kulim (M) Bhd (that owns 58% of QSR) has rejected all bids, saying that it is not interested in selling QSR and that it believes in the long-term value of KFC.

The million-dollar question then is this: how did the bids come about if Kulim or in effect, Johor Corp (JCorp), Kulim's parent (and therefore the ultimate shareholder of KFC) is not interested in selling? Rarely do unsolicited bids of this size come about.

This is why the one unique spin-off from this KFC saga is the attention it has drawn on JCorp. Firstly, JCorp is saddled with more than RM6bil in debt, out of which RM3.6bil is due to be repaid by July 2012.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Questions:

If JCorp has to repay RM3.6 bil by 2012. do you think banks would loan the corporation more money to complete KOMTAR? Think about it. JCorp has so many businesses: in property development, commodities (oil palm, rubber etc), KFC, etc. A lot of Property development and almost all commodity-based companies are doing very well, but why is JCorp losing so much money? Now with good commodity prices etc, this state government company should be doing even better. But why are they saddled with so much debt? If it isn't corruption, what is it? With so much debt, isn't it fair to say that JCorp is essentially broke?


Daengjal, Logo: care to give all of us here a satisfactory answer?

Last edited by Vince; July 27th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #132
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by logorithm View Post
Uhuh... and that's why you concluded that JCorp was broke because of corruption? And are you sure that's all that will cause a project to stall? Clearly you assumed too much.

I did not answer "No' I didn't", because wrong question gets wrong answer. As simple as that. Wrong question because it didn't even appear as a question, but rather a sarcastic remark implying that Lumina Kiara too had the same problem for employing the same strategy.

Although you appear to speak perfect English, it makes a huge difference between 'did' and does'. Think about it.

Nope, my swearing is reserved for big-mouthed people only.
Nope, I've always admired all the projects happening in Mont Kiara. In fact, developers like Sunrise, with their experience in KL, are even venturing aborad to places like Vancouver, Canada, to build condos. When I made that remark, it was a sarcasm, yes, but it was directed at JCorp, and certainly not Lumina Kiara. Employing the same stragedy is by no means an excuse for why the project at KOMTAR is taking so long: it has to be because of funding.

As for calling me a big-mouth, why don't you refer to my post above? Please read what I said about JCorp.

Next time, don't be so quick to swear....it does reflect badly on you.

Last edited by Vince; July 27th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #133
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 6,534
Likes (Received): 1377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Wiki:
Singapore Sports Hub
The Singapore Sports Hub is a proposed sports complex located in Kallang, Singapore to be built on the present site of the National Stadium, which was officially closed on 30 June 2007 and demolition started on 29 September 2010. Construction will begin in 2011, with the foundations laid by February 2011, and is expected to be opened by April 2014.[2]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JB KOMTAR

Original posted by rizalhakim
Big upgrade on Komtar
By ZAZALI MUSA
December 2007
TheStar

JOHOR BARU: Johor Corp (JCorp) is allocating RM55mil to upgrade the retail area of Komtar, one of the earliest commercial buildings in the central business district, in a move to attract more shoppers back to the 29-year-old building.

A well-known shopping centre in the 1980s and early 90s, Komtar started losing its shine with the opening of Johor Baru City Square mall next door and Plaza Angsana about 5km away.

"We have to keep up with the times if Komtar wants to steal the limelight again," JCorp chief executive officer Tan Sri Muhammad Ali Hashim said at the launch of the upgrading work recently.

Renovation work on the retail area has started and will take 18 months to complete.

Tan Sri Muhammad Ali Hashim showing artist's impressions of Komtar after the upgrading work.
The retail area will be expanded to 15,280 sq m from 12,056 sq m currently and the podium area will have an "eco-centric" theme.

"We have started marketing the 'new Komtar' and are currently talking with a few potential anchor tenants," said Ali, adding that 27 of the 58 tenants had agreed to return in 2009.

He said shoppers could expect big names in the retail industry to open outlets here.

Also in the pipeline were plans to develop the 1.2ha open car park area beside the building into a shopping mall and an office tower.

Ali said the upgrading work and the new development plan would boost the image of Komtar again in view of its strategic location in the Iskandar Development Region.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On JCorp's RM6 bil debt
Dec 2010

Will Johor Corp sell KFC?
By RISEN JAYASEELAN
[email protected]

IT'S not just finger-licking fried chicken that KFC Holdings (M) Bhd serves up in Malaysia. You can always count on it for a good corporate story. Every now and then, some parties will start fighting for control over it, or more accurately, for the free cash flows the retailer churns out.

In that sense, nothing's new this time around. A number of parties have made competing bids to buy QSR Brands Bhd, the parent of KFC. But interestingly, Kulim (M) Bhd (that owns 58% of QSR) has rejected all bids, saying that it is not interested in selling QSR and that it believes in the long-term value of KFC.

The million-dollar question then is this: how did the bids come about if Kulim or in effect, Johor Corp (JCorp), Kulim's parent (and therefore the ultimate shareholder of KFC) is not interested in selling? Rarely do unsolicited bids of this size come about.

This is why the one unique spin-off from this KFC saga is the attention it has drawn on JCorp. Firstly, JCorp is saddled with more than RM6bil in debt, out of which RM3.6bil is due to be repaid by July 2012.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Questions:

If JCorp has to repay RM3.6 bil by 2012. do you think banks would loan the corporation more money to complete KOMTAR? Think about it. JCorp has so many businesses: in property development, commodities (oil palm, rubber etc), KFC, etc. A lot of Property development and almost all commodity-based companies are doing very well, but why is JCorp losing so much money? Now with good commodity prices etc, this state government company should be doing even better. But why are they saddled with so much debt? If it isn't corruption, what is it? With so much debt, isn't it fair to say that JCorp is essentially broke?

Daengjal, Logo: care to give all of us here a satisfactory answer?
who say they are making losses?
do u know how much assets jcorp owned?

u dont prove anything other than crearing suspicion when nothin is actually happening.4 that i congratulate u

debt financing is nothing unusual 4 company,do u care to google airasia total debt?

great job with ur wikiing ability..except ur miss out that the hub suppose to open b4 the youth Olympic n it now just started demolishing it aftrr thr games finished..so by ur logic Singapore's gov dhould b corrupt isn't it, yet ur denial of ur logic must not bcoz of ur so call evidence but it motivated by something else right?
__________________
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #134
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
who say they are making losses?
do u know how much assets jcorp owned?

u dont prove anything other than crearing suspicion when nothin is actually happening.4 that i congratulate u

debt financing is nothing unusual 4 company,do u care to google airasia total debt?

great job with ur wikiing ability..except ur miss out that the hub suppose to open b4 the youth Olympic n it now just started demolishing it aftrr thr games finished..so by ur logic Singapore's gov dhould b corrupt isn't it, yet ur denial of ur logic must not bcoz of ur so call evidence but it motivated by something else right?
You can't compare this to Air Asia as it is still a relatively new private company (the ordinary rakyat has no stake in it). An airline company needs huge initial investments (airport equipment, planes etc). If you look at the financial reports of Air Asia, the net gearing ratio (debt/asset) started out huge at 3.5 in 2009 but is down to 1.57 now. This means the company is actually making money and able to pay off its debt, or even expand.


Look at the financial report (2009-latest) of JCorp:

http://www.jcorp.com.my/Publication/...9/SECTION6.pdf

For example let's look at "Group":
Total current Assets - RM3.4bil (2009)
Total current liabilities = RM3.7bil (2009)

Also, the non-current liability (borrowings) at that time was around 5.7 bil, now it has shot up to 12bil.

Even if all assets are sold, this company is still in red. We are now in 2011, and with ballooning debt, I am quite sure it is deeper in red. This is a state corporation, meaning it is set up by the people of Johor. My motivation: JCorp not even getting the rebuilding of KOMTAR right: they shouldn't start it in the first place.....The company should not to waste more of rakyat's money.

I guess you are one of those that just take things without any concern and even when the Federal government has to bail out the company with billions of ringgit, you'd be like "so what!?"

Why do you keep taking Singapore as an example? Can you show me that the company in charge of building the Kallang Sports Hub has 12bil to repay too?

Last edited by Vince; July 27th, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #135
dengilo
Registered User
 
dengilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,056
Likes (Received): 2004

Time OUT guys take it elsewhere
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #136
Vince
Vince
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Johor Bahru
Posts: 4,857
Likes (Received): 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengilo View Post
Time OUT guys take it elsewhere
Yes sirrrr! Gladly.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #137
daeng_jal
Registered User
 
daeng_jal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: KL, Malacca
Posts: 6,534
Likes (Received): 1377

mari lari lari sebelum referee bagi kad merah..
__________________
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:55 AM   #138
dengilo
Registered User
 
dengilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,056
Likes (Received): 2004

dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #139
LoveArki
Arki loves me too
 
LoveArki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JB/S'pore
Posts: 1,230
Likes (Received): 517

Meanwhile, Komtar remains the same...





__________________
Beat the Bests
LoveArki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #140
ideal jb
Registered User
 
ideal jb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 253
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveArki View Post
Meanwhile, Komtar remains the same...
yeah what a doldrum... theres good chance that meanwhile could be all the while the next time you post again. no pun intended
ideal jb no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu