daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Chicago



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:57 PM   #1
The Urban Politician
The City
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,955
Likes (Received): 6

New Zoning Ordinance--Today

Chicago's new Zoning Ordinance, replacing the one created in 1953, takes effect today. This is huge, but there are no articles I could find in the news about it. What's the deal with that? Either way--a whole new era of development guidelines to shape the future of the cityscape has come.
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:01 PM   #2
Zuelas
Registered User
 
Zuelas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 306
Likes (Received): 0

What are the major changes in it?
__________________
Gay or not, shouldn't we all support gay marriage?
Kinda sad to think some people feel obliged to tell others who they can and can not love
Zuelas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 10:31 PM   #3
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?
 
STR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,082
Likes (Received): 55

The only time people care about zoning is when they are planning to make an addition to their house.

Or when they are playing SimCity.
__________________
There are six phases to every project 1) enthusiasm, 2) disillusionment, 3) panic, 4) search for the guilty, 5) punishment of the innocent, 6) praise for the non-participants. - Guy Tozzoli
Build your own Model Skyscrapers** New World Trade Center (2006-) 3D Model ** World Trade Center (1971-2001) 3D Model
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 10:41 PM   #4
Dampyre
BANNED
 
Dampyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
The only time people care about zoning is when they are planning to make an addition to their house.

Or when they are playing SimCity.

I take it you are a bit short on brain cells?
Dampyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 11:43 PM   #5
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop
 
geoff_diamond's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,578
Likes (Received): 0

Ahh... a typically nasty Dampyre response. But, unfortunately, it seems true this time.
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 06:52 AM   #6
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?
 
STR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,082
Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampyre
I take it you are a bit short on brain cells?
It is my experience. I work for a burb, as a person who records council/committee/board meetings. I've had this job for quite a while, as it is very good money for very easy work. I have conversation with many people, including officials from various levels of local and regional government, as well as the petitioners, and interested citizens. For the most part, with few exceptions, the only time the general public ever really pays attention to zoning is when it directly effects them. That includes times when zoning can be used against an unwanted development.

If you have a different opinion, feel free to state it. I would be interested in hearing it. It would certainly be more worth-while than a pointless insult.
__________________
There are six phases to every project 1) enthusiasm, 2) disillusionment, 3) panic, 4) search for the guilty, 5) punishment of the innocent, 6) praise for the non-participants. - Guy Tozzoli
Build your own Model Skyscrapers** New World Trade Center (2006-) 3D Model ** World Trade Center (1971-2001) 3D Model
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 07:12 AM   #7
vicecityguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 275
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
It is my experience. I work for a burb, as a person who records council/committee/board meetings. I've had this job for quite a while, as it is very good money for very easy work. I have conversation with many people, including officials from various levels of local and regional government, as well as the petitioners, and interested citizens. For the most part, with few exceptions, the only time the general public ever really pays attention to zoning is when it directly effects them. That includes times when zoning can be used against an unwanted development.

If you have a different opinion, feel free to state it. I would be interested in hearing it. It would certainly be more worth-while than a pointless insult.
FYI - You really shouldn't expect much from Dampyre, no one else does.
vicecityguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM   #8
Zuelas
Registered User
 
Zuelas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 306
Likes (Received): 0

ummmmm, ok I guess I'll try this again. Does anybody know what the major changes are?

Or should I just make some rude comment to be acknowledged?
__________________
Gay or not, shouldn't we all support gay marriage?
Kinda sad to think some people feel obliged to tell others who they can and can not love
Zuelas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM   #9
Dampyre
BANNED
 
Dampyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicecityguy
FYI - You really shouldn't expect much from Dampyre, no one else does.
Except yo' mama!

Dampyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:26 PM   #10
vicecityguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 275
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampyre
Except yo' mama!


Please tell me your 2 years old, because that way I can accept your childish behavior. Please please please tell me you're a kid, baby, toddler!
vicecityguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:16 PM   #11
qwerty1324
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuelas
ummmmm, ok I guess I'll try this again. Does anybody know what the major changes are?

Or should I just make some rude comment to be acknowledged?
There are major changes and I will post them later.
qwerty1324 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2004, 05:41 PM   #12
Dampyre
BANNED
 
Dampyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 493
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicecityguy
Please tell me your 2 years old, because that way I can accept your childish behavior. Please please please tell me you're a kid, baby, toddler!
I'm just having a little fun with the ignorant. What's the harm?
Dampyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu