daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #841
Brian72

Likes (Received): 966

I am very happy to see what is happening here, there is never too many park areas and the access to the river this will now provide will be priceless in 10 to 20 years...

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #842
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4043

Four Green Fields coming to Curtis Hixon Park

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...o-open-in.html
Old July 6th, 2017, 12:31 AM   #843
FloridianForUrbanism

Likes (Received): 28

A thatch roof, really? Seems like a weird choice for Downtown.

FloridaFuture, ajaksalad liked this post
FloridianForUrbanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #844
mike1115

Likes (Received): 128

I don't think it would ever happen but I would love to see an interesting pedestrian bridge linking Julian Lane to Curtis Hixon. Would be a great asset connecting the two. There's the Cass street bridge but walking across a vehicular bridge is a barrier in most people's minds.

NaqoyqatZ, gstolze liked this post
mike1115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #845
Tampa'sTime

Likes (Received): 89

A little more background on how 4GF pulled this off. Looking at the alternative proposals it becomes much clearer why the city chose 4GF. Even at the agreed upon $35/SF this location is a steal. For comparison, Riverwalk Place is asking $60/SF for their restaurant space and Morrison on Howard was asking ~$50/SF. The next highest proposal was Colombia Restaurant Group w/ a “Mac & Ivy’s stationary food truck with grab-and-go sandwiches, salads and ice cream” at $20/SF with a 50% rent abatement over the first 5 years (so truly $10/SF) and an out in the fifth year if sales were less than $1mm. For comparison, 4GF asked for no rent abatement and no lease cancellation clause. It gets worse from there with all other proposals below $20/SF culminating in an utter lowball from the guys at Newk's at $10/SF. The article says 4GF will spend $1,195,500 building out the space, also significantly higher than the rest.

I do not agree with their design of the restaurant given it's location and, per the available renderings, the side facing the river and Plant Hall will be a wall at the back of the bar.. Lastly, a raw bar concept from an Irish pub sounds like some kind of sick joke. That being said, their proposal was significantly better than the others and frankly, the only proposal acceptable. Hopefully they'll tweak their design a bit.

Can't help but wonder what a concept like Philly's Independence Beer Garden serving all local Tampa Bay beers or a Rhythm and Vine type concept would do here. Even something like the Getaway would be great.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...n.html?ana=fbk

Brian72 liked this post
Tampa'sTime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #846
Brian72

Likes (Received): 966

Great incite...the design and concept really don't blend here IMO...we go the Curtis Hixon frequently for events... a beer garden would be fantastic or something with a more local flavor from Tampa's history. Hopefully they will make some design changes.

mike1115, densitymatters liked this post
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2017, 10:38 PM   #847
mike1115

Likes (Received): 128

I can understand with wanting to get money out of the deal, but then the city should have set a minimum bid for the space. I think there were better options out there and think this seems to be an odd winner.

Brian72 liked this post
mike1115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2017, 12:52 AM   #848
smiley

Likes (Received): 567

They could have always rejected all the ideas and tried again.
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2017, 11:54 PM   #849
slamx

Likes (Received): 95

Last edited by slamx; July 23rd, 2017 at 10:40 PM.
slamx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #850
tamparican

Likes (Received): 41

not crazy at all myself about the choice for the focal restaurant in that area being 4GF. Such a prime location I would've thought much better proposals and options out there.
tamparican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 08:20 PM   #851
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 952

There's an agenda item on the coming up council meeting for the city to purchase the property of 239 South Ashley Drive. This parcel has been sought by the city before, but the property owner refused the purchase price. Now, it looks like they are willing to sell.

There's a good chance this goes up for RFP and hopefully becomes a restaurant of some sort.

saamtthomas liked this post
TampaMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:22 PM   #852
Tampa'sTime

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaMike View Post
There's an agenda item on the coming up council meeting for the city to purchase the property of 239 South Ashley Drive. This parcel has been sought by the city before, but the property owner refused the purchase price. Now, it looks like they are willing to sell.

There's a good chance this goes up for RFP and hopefully becomes a restaurant of some sort.
Is the below building what you're referring to?

According to the property appraiser this parcel is already owned by the city: http://gis.hcpafl.org/PropertySearch...M000000000230A

A sign on the fence says to call City of Tampa Wastewater before accessing. (Not sure if you can see it)

Personally, I hope you're right as I was just walking by the site a few weeks ago thinking that it would be a good building for a Ulele-type adaptive reuse and fill a dead-spot in the Riverwalk. Would be great if they combined and made use of the small Riverwalk courtyard just to the south as well.

Brian72 liked this post

Last edited by Tampa'sTime; July 26th, 2017 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Pictures won't work
Tampa'sTime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 09:37 PM   #853
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4043

From TBBJ

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...estaurant.html

Brian72, Tampa'sTime liked this post
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
downtown tampa