daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 2nd, 2017, 11:57 AM   #41
Maxim98

Likes (Received): 270

Thanks, both! I'm now acquainted with the ignore list. I've significantly reduced my posting because of a certain user, but now I feel like I have a new lease on life...
Maxim98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:36 PM   #42
Brian72

Likes (Received): 967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim98 View Post
Thanks, both! I'm now acquainted with the ignore list. I've significantly reduced my posting because of a certain user, but now I feel like I have a new lease on life...
The difference between liberals and conservatives....conservatives actually believe in free speech and still willing to discuss issues...liberals are like spoiled children laying on the floor in the department store....you know, the kids that never grew up and never had to actually take responsibility...the people that point fingers and blame everyone for anything that happens to them.

Yeah, I am proud to have not blocked anyone, good reminder of the mess we are in.

Tallaman87 liked this post
Brian72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 05:19 PM   #43
mike1115

Likes (Received): 129

What does the difference between liberals and conservatives have to do with a building being built? Go to one of the 7 million online sites where you can happily post all the political trash talk shit infesting our country to your hearts content.

TampaMike liked this post
mike1115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 07:57 PM   #44
Gretzky_99

Likes (Received): 9

It's a nice design, I like the different angles. When will construction start?

Califlorida liked this post
Gretzky_99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 08:16 PM   #45
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretzky_99 View Post
It's a nice design, I like the different angles. When will construction start?
This month
Old August 2nd, 2017, 08:19 PM   #46
gstolze

Location: Hannover, Germany>Tampa Bay, Florida, USA>Hannover, Germany
Likes (Received): 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian72 View Post
The difference between liberals and conservatives....conservatives actually believe in free speech and still willing to discuss issues...liberals are like spoiled children laying on the floor in the department store....you know, the kids that never grew up and never had to actually take responsibility...the people that point fingers and blame everyone for anything that happens to them.
In some of your post I agree with you and I like the pictures you posted. But I cannot believe you actually make a statement like this. This is biased, petty, and absolutely unacceptable. And FYI, here in Germany I lean toward the conservative party. But I would never insult anyone who has another political opinion or feel that I were superior.

saerdna99 liked this post
gstolze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 08:55 PM   #47
Havatampa

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian72 View Post

Yeah, I am proud to have not blocked anyone, good reminder of the mess we are in.
What a lame post. This isn't supposed to be a political board, but you are constantly bringing your politics into it, most recently with your idiotic global warming posts. Maybe that's why people are putting you on ignore? Just a guess.

BTW, I engage in a political message board on another site. Conservatives are constantly blocking liberals there.
Havatampa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 11:12 PM   #48
Tallaman87

Likes (Received): 3

FWIW, I have observed Brian endure hundreds of posts criticizing him and his legitimate views on specific issues just because he espouses a conservative perspective, many of them liberally biased, and nobody expresses the same outrage against politics, lame posts, or any kind of political bias. Just my two cents.
Tallaman87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 12:27 AM   #49
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 955

Yep, but those posts are related to discussion at hand. Here, a poster simply posted about the design process of the land below this project and he had to post his unnecessary political ideology.

FloridaFuture, I hope we can get the last few posts deleted to continue the lively discussion on this project and not debate our politics. As for Brian, he's welcome to post here whenever he wants, as well as Maxim. I think we both agree that we will disagree many times. But I'm not going to spam a thread with my disagreements.

Tampa'sTime liked this post
TampaMike está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 09:24 AM   #50
gstolze

Location: Hannover, Germany>Tampa Bay, Florida, USA>Hannover, Germany
Likes (Received): 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallaman87 View Post
FWIW, I have observed Brian endure hundreds of posts criticizing him and his legitimate views on specific issues just because he espouses a conservative perspective, many of them liberally biased, and nobody expresses the same outrage against politics, lame posts, or any kind of political bias. Just my two cents.
sorry but insulting people is not a legitimate view....
gstolze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 04:42 PM   #51
Brian72

First I would like to say my post originally was a joke, a little poke about the sky is falling and the sea is rising...was supposed to happen but hasn't just like all the other climate doom and gloom.

Second, my post was directly related to comments on the building up of buildings do to sea level rise. I do get the flooding issue from the occasional storm and certainly don't have any reason to not support elevating the buildings for that purpose.

I constantly see lockstep political posts that attack right leaning conservative politicians and views the are obviously liberal and left leaning with almost unanimous support here and little to no complaints from myself or others here that are lurking conservatives.

Last, the comments and blocking discussion clearly make my point.

Back to topic, this is a fantastic project and look forward to posting pictures of it as it goes up.
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:53 AM   #52
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4048

USF has made a website for the project:

http://www.usf.edu/water-street-tampa/

Del Mayberry, NaqoyqatZ liked this post
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #53
mike1115

Likes (Received): 129

If they stick to the timeline they've outlined groundbreaking should be any day now.

NaqoyqatZ liked this post
mike1115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #54
USAsoccer

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaMike View Post
Yep, but those posts are related to discussion at hand. Here, a poster simply posted about the design process of the land below this project and he had to post his unnecessary political ideology.

FloridaFuture, I hope we can get the last few posts deleted to continue the lively discussion on this project and not debate our politics. As for Brian, he's welcome to post here whenever he wants, as well as Maxim. I think we both agree that we will disagree many times. But I'm not going to spam a thread with my disagreements.
Wow...from someone who has been here for over 10 years, and rarely posts...

I want to be respectful to the writer above. However, I think the post summarizes much that is wrong with the country right now....

We should not censor speech because it delves into areas that you (and who appointed you anyways) find troublesome? One thinks you doth protest too much...maybe if the POV given by the poster was consistent with your views, you would not be so eager to see them deleted...

Just because someone posts an opinion that is unpopular to a vocal minority is no reason to stop that person from exercising speech (most people do not post, and maybe the "silent majority" agree with the views you find troublesome). Free speech, and the ability to promote views that are unpopular, is what makes this a great nation. This move to limit speech in all areas of life is something that all of should strive to oppose.

The idea that some speech is righteous, and any opposing speech is deemed immoral or unworthy (with a requisite duty to stop, with violence if necessary) is a dangerous new element in society today. More than ever, speech should be defended!

In any case, I took the posts as a gentle ribbing in the direction of those who find climate change an important issue, and some of the responses educational in terms of dealing with localized flooding due to summer rains...

Count me as one who wishes there was a LOT more posting on this website!

Brian72, Tallaman87 liked this post
USAsoccer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:28 PM   #55
Brian72

Exactly
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #56
NaqoyqatZ

Likes (Received): 190

The moderators have made it pretty clear that this isn't the place for those topics. There are plenty of other places to have those discussions. Political comments in particular tend to result the same way with everyone just talking in circles. It's been beaten to death. It just derails threads, as has happened to this one.

To stay on topic I'll add that I hope to see a crane up soon. I drove by there Saturday, but could barely see in with all the fencing and black tarps.
NaqoyqatZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 01:02 AM   #57
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

THE ARGUMENTS IS UNRELATED TO THE THREAD!!! Maybe that's hard for to understand USAsoccer since you do rarely post, but the whole debate is faarrrr from the topic on hand. I said last couple posts, not just Brian's. That included anyone else that argued with him or agreed with him. Never pinpointed one individual poster.

Back to topic though, we will likely see a crane rise at the end of the month or early September.
Old August 15th, 2017, 01:06 AM   #58
NaqoyqatZ

Hopefully Vinik will put up webcams for us people to monitor Water Street's progress.
Old August 15th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #59
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

That would be sweet! If not that, at least monthly aerial shots of the whole development.
Old August 15th, 2017, 02:32 AM   #60
NaqoyqatZ

I think they probably will. Maybe we should all suggest it en masse to the Water Street website. Speaking of which, anyone have a leak. Oh I suppose I could poke around for it.