daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties
» Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #1
FloridaFuture

Likes (Received): 4045

ST. PETE | ONE | 41 stories | 456 feet | 253 units | 173 hotel rooms | U/C

ONE
41 stories
456 feet
253 units
173 hotel rooms
U/C
Kolter Group

Quote:
Downtown St. Pete market ripe for 41-story condo tower project
Sep 18, 2014, 1:17pm EDT UPDATED: Sep 18, 2014, 2:59pm EDT

Ashley Gurbal Kritzer
Reporter-

A South Florida developer’s plans for a new luxury tower in downtown St. Petersburg are ambitious and market data suggests the time is ripe for such a project.

The Kolter Group, based in West Palm Beach, is planning a 41-story tower that would include 253 condominium units and a 13-story hotel with 173 rooms on Second Street North, across the street from Jannus Landing, said Brian Van Slyke, an executive with Kolter who’s overseeing the project.
http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...ory-condo.html

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by FloridaFuture; March 6th, 2016 at 11:52 PM.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2014, 06:31 AM   #2
Amtrak96

Likes (Received): 390

Be nice to see in St.Pete.

Amtrak96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #3
TPAman22

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtrak96 View Post
Be nice to see in St.Pete.
And I have confidence this will get off the ground, since Kolter Group has been developing a condo/townhome development on snell Isle, and their large condo/hotel project in Sarasota recently started construction without requiring a certain number of sold units. As long as the airport doesn't chop off some height, i will be happy seeing something so tall in St. Pete.

Amtrak96, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
TPAman22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #4
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

St. Pete is overdue for something with some height downtown. Really hope to see this get built soon!

I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #5
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Likes (Received): 2462

I still say the odds are high that it gets chopped down a few floors.

Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 04:35 AM   #6
TPAman22

First, I thought the thread title could be changed, since the project has a name, "ONE." I saw a full page ad today for this in the Tampa Bay Times that definitely showcased a luxury project of a large magnitude that the bay area hasn't seen in a while. Even though the previous proposal was fairly cool with multiple towers in different shapes and boasted over 500 condo units, I'm still excited about this project as the design is still modern and contrasts most of the current skyline (Signature is about the closest). And the height is an added plus. Here's also a description noted in a recent article highlighting downtown St. Pete's growth:

Source: Tampa Bay Times

Quote:
ONE, Kolter Group's proposed 41-story residential tower at First Street and First Avenue N will be the biggest and the last completed condo project of any currently in the works. It isn't expected to break ground until 2016.

But Brian Van Slyke, the development executive with Kolter who's overseeing the project, doesn't think the thirst for St. Petersburg urban living will be quenched before his 253 condos are done. They will be priced at $600,000 and up.

"We believe the market shows a strong demand and that's going to continue," he said. "What supply has recently been put on the market has been quickly absorbed."
More: http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...e-boom/2207247

Luxury condo projects are luxury condo projects, so I have a feeling that the workforce may gravitate towards the apartment projects. Nonetheless, I think a mix will work well in a place such as downtown St. Pete, and hope to see more condo projects, possibly in a place such as the Grand Bohemian Site. It only seems like a matter of time before the urban sections (downtown Tampa, St. pete, and certain areas of south tampa) start to see condo projects arise again. Both are confident about adding high paying jobs, improving their entertainment options, and I think the international newcomers may start seeping into the Tampa market, given how overpriced Miami is and a lot of the prime locations are already accounted for.

And here is the website:

http://onestpetersburg.com/

Old December 14th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #7
benjar

Likes (Received): 8

Signs are up for this on that lot now, PLUS a temporary sales .... "building"? Over glorified shipping container? Anyway, it looks like they are gearing up for the sales part of the process.
benjar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #8
TPAman22

ST. PETE | One St. Petersburg | 41 stories | 450 feet | 253 units | Proposed

Source: Tampa Bay Times

Quote:
If a developer and the city get their way, high-rises topping out at 500 feet might one day reshape the city's skyline.
One Progress Plaza holds the title as the city's highest at 386 feet, 5 feet taller than Signature Place, and a little under the Federal Aviation Administration's height limit of 400 feet.

But the Kolter Group wants its proposed One St. Petersburg 41-story tower at First Avenue and First Street N to grab the altitude crown at 450 feet.

To do that, Kolter hired a consulting firm to figure out a way to persuade the federal agency to raise the ceiling, possibly to 500 feet.

The proposed solution? Divert air traffic approaching Albert Whitted Airport over downtown east over the water of Tampa Bay.

Recent advances in aeronautical navigation — replacing land-based beacons with GPS satellite technology — would make the shift safer by reducing the risk of a downtown plane crash and more friendly for building skyscrapers, said Richard Lesniak, the airport's manager.
More: http://www.tampabay.com/news/growth/...11701#comments

Didn't know they had a set limit of 400 because Bayway Lofts had previously been proposed at 500+ and I believe the short neighboring buildings complained, though I saw no mention of FAA height restrictions being on the other side of the downtown away from the water. Hopefully we will see this approved.
Old December 29th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Del Mayberry

Likes (Received): 557

This just makes too much sense. Just change the flight paths or better yet, bulldoze these shitty little airports. They should not be near downtown's PERIOD!

TampaMike, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Del Mayberry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #10
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Mayberry View Post
This just makes too much sense. Just change the flight paths or better yet, bulldoze these shitty little airports. They should not be near downtown's PERIOD!
I have no idea why Albert and POK is still open.
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:00 PM   #11
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1974

Merged these last few posts into the Tropicana Block thread

Also, the TBT article does not mention how many units the building will have. This 10 News article does though.
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local...pete/19376259/

Last edited by HARTride 2012; December 31st, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #12
StPeteNative

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaMike View Post
I agree with you Mike. Unfortunately, there was a referendum in St. Pete on AW in 2003 that overwhelmingly voted to keep it open.

Just imagine the value that land would bring to the downtown core and the ability of USFSP and other developments to expand vertical.
Old January 1st, 2015, 03:57 PM   #13
mike1115

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaMike View Post

I don't see why POK is needed when Vanderberg is like 10 miles away. Or at least shift the flight path over a mile to the east so it doesn't dissect downtown and goes down the channel/port area instead.
mike1115 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 08:35 PM   #14
FloridaFuture

The POK runway that points straight at downtown would likely have to become one that only takes off/gets approached to/from the south. I'm not too familiar with aviation but it seems its too close and pointed to straight at downtown to simply be redirected to a point where it would miss all of the downtown core.

POK doesn't bother me too much though. DT Tampa still has more then enough excess land. St. Pete which is much more built out being more forced to go up and having projects like ONE significantly effected is a different story.

Last edited by FloridaFuture; January 1st, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:28 AM   #15
FloridaFuture

Saw ONE ads on the electronic billboard by Westshore Mall and I-275 last night.
Old February 6th, 2015, 05:08 AM   #16
StPeteNative

Likes (Received): 80

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local...yatt/22951155/

Hotel will be a Hyatt. More in the article.

StPeteNative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 06:52 AM   #17
TPAman22

And here's some more info:

Source: Tbo

Quote:
If the stature of the forthcoming One St. Petersburg condo tower is a measure of the demand for luxury living downtown, the biggest phase in this city’s residential boom is still yet to come.

The 41-story high-rise planned in the heart of the city will become St. Petersburg’s tallest building and stand among the loftiest buildings in the Tampa Bay area.

At a glitzy grand opening event Thursday evening, developers said they already have booked $50 million in pre-sale reservations at a sales office at 100 First Ave. N. that quietly started up just before the New Year.

Kolter Group also announced that Hyatt will operate a 13-story hotel linked to the condominium on the west end of the 2.2-acre site, across the street from the clubs and restaurants of the Jannus Block on Second Street North.
More: http://tbo.com/Local/CommunityNews/d...150205/?page=1

Fairly accurate info, though I wouldn't neccesarily agree with this:

Quote:
Its height will be near those of the area’s two tallest buildings, the 100 North Tampa “Region’s” tower and the Bank of America Plaza, both 42 stories.
120+ ft shorter isn't exactly near, or at least there are five buildings in Tampa closer to those two tallest. There's going to be some construction activity ranging from apartment complexes to several short high rises, to this. Hopefully downtown St. Pete attracts some more businesses, and a major corporate headquarters such as Jabil would put this downtown into a whole new level.

Old February 6th, 2015, 07:03 AM   #18
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Typical moron who goes by floor count when comparing a residential tower to an office tower, and figures they must be the same size/scale of building... Derp.

Old February 6th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #19
densitymatters

Likes (Received): 770

Derp..lol, that's great.

I love downtown St Pete..I can not stress enough how valuable a solid direct ferry line would be for both cities.. why do we not have one yet.. :-/ it's a no brainer

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Catmendue2 liked this post
densitymatters no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 08:32 AM   #20
Jasonhouse
Senior Button Pusher

Especially if it's of the faster variety.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Catmendue2 liked this post